[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American snacks you cannot get in Canada
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
Hello Northern co/ck/s! I'm sending a package to Canada that I would like to load with American chocolate, candy, snacks and general junk food. What American foods are you unable to get in Canada?
>>
>>7513287
Also, if it is any assistance, I live in the New York/New England area. There are some products that I am unable to get (like spicy limon Mexican Cheetos)
>>
Sour Patch Watermelon
Starburst jelly beans
War heads
>>
>>7513303
We have war heads
>>
gun
>>
>>7513303
Here's what is on my (potential) list so far -

>Butterfingers
>Milky Ways
>GooGoo Clusters
>Twinkies
>Reese's Big Cup Peanut Butter Cups
>Dove Chocolate
>Oh Henry bars
>Whattamahcallit
>Gansitos (a Mexican confectionery - chocolate covered Twinkie with jam and cream)
>Lay's Loaded Mac and Cheese Chips and/or New York Reuben and/or Limon
>Mexican Pepsi or Dr. Brown's Cream Soda (a New York thing)
>Coffee Syrup (a New England thing)
>Pumpkin Butter (also a regional thing)

I'm also trying to find regional beef jerky, jams, etc.
>>
>>7513345
This package is going to Nova Scotia. Additionally, I'm close enough to NYC, so I'll be sending up some Japanese chocolates and confectionaries (mochi cakes)

I might send up dried Chinese sausages as well.
>>
File: x.jpg (56 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
56 KB, 600x500
>>7513345
>Butterfingers
>Milky Ways
>Twinkies
>Reese's Big Cup Peanut Butter Cups
>Dove Chocolate
>Oh Henry bars
>Lay's Loaded Mac and Cheese Chips and/or New York Reuben and/or Limon
>Mexican Pepsi
>Pumpkin Butter (also a regional thing)

everything i didn't delete is in canada

also pic related you can't get in usa and it's the only one worth caring about
>>
File: 4L_EUma1SW6.jpg (102 KB, 640x429) Image search: [Google]
4L_EUma1SW6.jpg
102 KB, 640x429
>>7513366
Coffee crisp is truly "meh" tier. Stale wafer infused with instant coffee, then covered thinly with "chocolate".
>>
>>7513366
Thank you! Also, do you have Snicker's up there? KitKats? I also heard that you cannot get CheezWiz in an aerosol can up there. How about Lindt chocolates? Godiva?
>>
>>7513366
Coffee crisp is abalible in usa you just have to know where to find them as they are rare
>>
>sending packages of government subsidised high fructose corn syrup across the border

For what purpose?
>>
>>7513392
You can get them all, except Cheez Wiz in a can.
>>
>>7513401
>corn syrup
I know, the US sucks in that respect and our food tastes like shit compared to other countries. I really wish we would just stop subsidising corn products.

It's actually a surprise care package for some friends. I've never been to Canada so I am unfamiliar with their grocery stores.
>>
>>7513422
In all honesty, the selection in terms of candy/chocolate isn't all that much different.
>>
>>7513425
What should I send then?
>>
>>7513422
if they're into junk cereal american cereal is god tier.. a lot of it doesn't meet canada's minimum nutrition standards..

cookie crisp
boo berry
crunch berries

when i go to usa i buy a few boxes of cereal.. mostly cookie crisp
>>
>>7513454
Thanks for this. Are Girl Scout cookies available up there too?
>>
>>7513471
Not the same ones you can get in the states.
>>
>>7513473
kk, thanks!
>>
>>7513454
>minimum nutrition standards
Please elaborate.
>>
>>7513509
our flour has more protein by law and we have stricter guidelines regarding meat and dairy animal husbandry

for the cereal it's an issue with the flour
>>
OP

Canada is in America

holy actual
>>
File: dscn0635.jpg (1 MB, 2152x2462) Image search: [Google]
dscn0635.jpg
1 MB, 2152x2462
>>7513287
Just send a bunch of this.
>>
I've always wanted to try almond joy, but we don't get that.

Also I went to a store recently that sells shit we can't get in Canada for ten times the price, so I bought a few cans of pops for 2.50 each. I got Crush Peach, Vanilla Coke, and some A&W cream soda which was brown.
We only have pink Cream Soda here.
They also had cherry 7 up and strawberry crush and other shit I can't remember.
>>
>>7513287
fuck dude im going back to america in a month

ive been killing for paydays and whatchamacallits since i left
>>
>>7513345
Payday and almond joys are all I can think of. You might want avoid almond joys cuz we have something very similar minus the almond inside.
>>
>>7513345
We don't have Sno Balls, or dum dums. If you can get things besides chocolate bars,
>>
>>7513345
>coffee syrup
>pumpkin butter
>new england things
Do you mean that they originated there or that they're not available outside of NE? Cuz I can buy both where I live, and I'm a stone's throw from the Mason-Dixon.

I know coffee syrup started up there, but pretty sure pumpkin butter is firmly from the Amish (see below). Also, what brand of coffee syrup?
We have two available here, U-Bet and Aristocrat. I know Aristocrat is from Rhode Island but not sure where U-Bet is from.

As for pumpkin butter... every single Amish/Mennonite (yes, there are Amish people down south, not just in PA) store ever sells the stuff by the barrel. All of the mentions of pumpkin butter in books from the 1800s I can find online specify that it's an Amish thing except one, which only talks about it being made in Michigan with no mention of the Amish.

>>7513287
Spray cheese. And peanut butter twix. Also novelty oreos (like the reverse ones with the vanilla cookie and chocolate cream or the lemon ones). Are Peeps a thing up there?
>>
>>7513287
>What American foods are you unable to get in Canada?

None of it. We have mail-order here in Canada, so we can get anything.
>>
>>7515116
>almond joys cuz we have something very similar minus the almond inside

You have Mounds but not Almond Joy?
>>
>>7513311
yum
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.