[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help with a desert bao recipe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 720x960
I need help replicating a dessert bao zi / nikkuman that I saw in this small fast food Chinese chain called wow bao that was a chocolate dough with steamed mushed bananas inside but mine ended up with a lack of color and flavor and very delicate. Is there a way to fix this?
>>
>chicago

....why am I not surprised
>>
>>7512257
I was visiting and saw it by the Chicago theater it's a cool place
>>
You need to provide more information. How did you make yours? What do you mean 'very delicate'? Do you mean it wasn't very flavourful?

In terms of lack of colour, it might just be a lack of cocoa powder.
>>
What >>7512303 said, it must need a lot more cocoa powder. If there's something off about the bread part itself, then I'd examine your recipe again. It would probably result in comparable results even if you weren't making a chocolate bun.

Did the banana filling seem to ruin it at all? If so, you might need to adjust the moisture content.
>>
Used the dough recipe from http://YouTube.be/rnflsDdZIDU and added about 1tbsp of coco powder ... How would I go about reducing moisture from bananas??
>>
>>7512303
I had to be careful taking them out of the steamer because they would easily break from the bottom center
>>
>itt white people
just can't stick to fucking with pierogis?
>>
>>7512661
If the banana moisture is a problem - but you will need to confirm if it is or not, you could thicken the moisture with cornstarch or try cooking the moisture out (but I don't think the latter should be necessary).

>>7512661
Sorry, I can't seem to access this link. 1tbsp of cocoa powder definitely does not seem like enough for any decent quantity of flour though.

>>7512665
To clarify, have you made steamed buns before? Because this sounds like a standard bun problem so I'm not sure if the problem is worse than usual or just normal. Did you line the steamer or oil it at all?
>>
>>7512256
use a mix of unprocessed and dutched cocoa powder
>>
>>7512670
I'm not white FYI there are other races in the world
>>
>>7512699
The recipe is from ochikeron's YouTube channel for her nikkuman recipe
>>
>>7512670
>YOU'RE, FUCKING, A WHITE.... MAAAAAAAALLLE
>>
>>7512941
Thanks. The dough is probably fine then - the problem would be trying to make a chocolate dough out of the same dough on the fly instead of looking up a chocolate bao/bun/mantou recipe for the dough.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.