[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does it infuriate you knowing how many adults you interact with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_4439_filtered5B15D.jpg (104 KB, 1037x691) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4439_filtered5B15D.jpg
104 KB, 1037x691
does it infuriate you knowing how many adults you interact with can not cook.
>>
>>7511926
why would i care?
>>
Most adults I know can though
This seems to be a "problem" that only exists in the minds of internet shut-ins
Like the "triggered" meme, or waiters who complain a lot
>>
>>7511926
I don't find it particularly infuriating unless they absolutely don't know how to cook. I can't judge too harshly because, while I can cook, I rarely make anything complicated or time consuming because I live alone, don't have a ton of time to dedicate to cooking, and don't eat much. It would be a waste of money to spend a lot on intricate meals just for me.

However, I have met plenty of manchildren who quite literally can not cook. Like, I've seen them make attempts and it is pathetic. I'm talking people close to 30 who fuck up sliced chicken breast and don't know how to cook vegetables that don't come out of a freezer with instructions.
>>
I find the phrase "I can't cook" to be dishonest at best. Unless of course they are illiterate. If you can read you can cook. Usually it's just code for "I am too lazy to bother." I'd have more respect for someone who was honest. I know a lot of people who eat premade frozen food nearly exclusively.
>>
>>7511926
Yeah
I feel sad that the premade pumpkin pies get way more shelf space than just canned pumpkin during Thanksgiving and such nowadays

I just look at people who can't cook as children who aren't allowed to complain about costs
>>
>>7511926
>>7512085
Why would I be tho? Doesn't affect me.

I also like riding my bicycles, sewing, drawing and reading. As long as somebody's not impeding my agency, why should I give a fuck if they don't happen to have the same hobby as me?

If it's somebody I like and enjoy spending time with, I'll probably end up discussing my experiences regardless their experience in the field. And would like to hear theirs. That's the point of knowing people.

I know this is 4chan but you guys need to broaden your horizons...
>>
If people wanna overpay for their shit I don't care.
>>
>>7512104
It's not about hobbies it's just childish to not know how to cook or take of yourself

I just treat their opinions on most subjects as those of children

A lot of people have lost the ability to shame others for their shortcomings and treat everyone with this "lets play nice" mentality
I think it's retarded

If you can't cook, if you can't fix basic shit, if you can't do your finances, if you can't just fucking take care of yourself you're a child regardless of your age
>>
>>7511926
No, because I'm not cripplingly autistic.
>>
>>7512218
youre just rationalizing now. everyone except literal retards is capable of "taking care of themselves", even if it just means ramen and frozen pizza. similar to how you dont need to be a car enthusiast to drive yourself to work. being a pretentious foodie does not make you a better human being, its just a hobby you enjoy
>>
>>7511926
Name of headphones
>>
>>7512218
>A lot of people have lost the ability to shame others

It's part of growing up. You'll understand someday, anon.
>>
File: 1437610758223.jpg (18 KB, 395x387) Image search: [Google]
1437610758223.jpg
18 KB, 395x387
>social interaction
>mfw
Nah, but seriously, it's something I can inwardly feel superior about. Lord knows there isn't much else. If it's a potential friend/qt gf, I could impress them with muh skills.
>>
I don't get infuriated or mad about the fact that a majority of the recent generation don't know how to cook, but it makes me sad. It's such a basic and easy necessity and the fact that a lot of people can't even fill it makes me worry about the future.

What does make me mad is my boyfriend doesnt know how to cook, refuses to eat anything I make and only wants to eat shit like chicken tendies.

>>7512428
This has to be a troll, no one is this retarded.
>>
>>7512035
It's not necessarily that I'm lazy, but I would rather spend my freetime doing other shit.

On the weekends I'll actually cook, but during the week when I have work and school I just eat something quick.
>>
>>7514415
You don't need to worry about the future. Stop being nosy and worry about yourself. You can cook for yourself if you want. Relax.
>>
>>7514437
Not worrying about the future is why the present is so fucked, anon.
>>
>>7511926
People that suck at cookng dont bother me, but I know middle age adults that "Oh i dont cook" and just eat microwave shit and takeout their whole lives.
>>
>>7514263
HE 560
>>
>>7514415
>doesn't know how to cook
>refuses to eat anything I make

Why do you put up with that?
>>
>>7514415
I'll cook for you.

I'll even let you suck my cock too.
>>
>>7514319
iktf
Feels like I'm upping my market value in finding a partner. If more people know how to cook, my market value goes down.
Currently at [spoiler]-12.93%[/spoiler] now

It's also a good place to get confidence from, even being average or slightly above, it's a good feeling. I still have a lot to learn, and it's a very rewarding interest/hobby.
>>
>>7511969
It's a fact of majority white, majority English-speaking countries, I think.

>home country
>everyone cooks
>move to white, English-speaking country
>no one can cook
>visit a cousin in a different white, English-speaking country
>no one can cook there, either
>visit a friend who moved to a third, white, English-speaking country
>other than baking fucktardedly delicious cakes, no one could cook there, either
>go to canada
>no one can cook, not even the quebecois

I've started to think that speaking English is detrimental to a country's average culinary abilities, just as speaking English is detrimental to your waistlines, blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
>>
>>7514899
>what is anecdotal evidence
>>
>>7514908
How's this for anecdotal, then: the ten fattest developed nations, in order of most boombalatty to slightly less fatty-fatty two-by-four are:

>US
Mexico
>New Zealand
Chile
>Australia
>Canada
>UK
>Ireland
Luxembourg
Finland

>majority white AND majority English-speaking in greentxt

Those six majority white/majority-English-speaking countries aren't exactly renowned for the culinary skills of the average citizen but, rather, mocked for it. These are countries where supermarkets are filled to the gills with ready meals and dinner kits because the average resident can't cook.

I've been to five of those six countries. Of the five, I've eaten at locals' homes in four (never at in an Irish home). Restaurant food in each was quite nice, but the homecooking bordered on abysmal.
>>
Why would it infuriate me? The majority of adults also never read a book for leisure and have no or negligible savings. They're just fucking 'tards. If I can do something they can't, that gives me an advantage. Good for me.

It's if anything perplexing. You need to eat 3 times a day, and they choose to outsource this biological need and rely on others to prepare food for them rather than learn to do it themselves. In contrast, you only shit once a day, so not being able to cook is three times more ridiculous than hiring a mexican to wipe your ass for you every time you take a shit.

And then normies wonder why they spend $400 on food a month (yeah really) per person. They have no self awareness and are a pitiable creature.

>>7514875

This. Hello, like-minded friend.
>>
>>7514929
Reminder that in the heart of the USA caring about the quality of the food you eat is considered a feminine trait and pretending to like junk food made of 85% garbage that comes with an MSDS is the pinnacle of masculine patriotism
>>
>>7514929
...speaking English has nothing to do with it. Rather it's a combination of a high enough wealth to afford convenience food and the ready availability of said food. Originally it was English speaking countries which achieved that magic combination first, but since then others have taken over.

That's a rather old list. This one is from 2015. From fattest & going down:

Kuwait
Saudi Arabia
Belize
Egypt
Jordan
UAE
South Africa
Quatar
Mexico
Bahrain
USA
Syria
Libya
Venezuela
Trinidad & Tobago

Data from:
http://www.socialprogressimperative.org/data/spi#data_table/countries/idr28/dim1,dim2,idr28,dim3
>>
I've split up with three 7/10+ gf's due to food related problems:

vegan - dumped
put red wine in the fridge - dumped
was overly impressed when I made a simple vinaigrette dressing - dumped
>>
>>7515346
>almost all of those were colonies or protectorates of the bongs
the English thing wasn't too far off the mark then
>>
>>7515346
Wow, not a single white country on the list. How things have changed!
>>
>>7515346
All your list shows is that you don't know what a developed country is. The post specifically said "developed country" not "all countries in the whole wide world, ever!!!"
I think that was the point of the post because if we included undeveloped countries, all those micronations in the South Pacific would take up all ten of the top ten spots. And it's suspect they're not on your list.
>>
>>7511926
my last boyfriend
>23
>did not know what garlic was
>couldn't differentiate between zucchini and cucumber
>could not cut an onion
>could not boil pasta

that fucked me up man, i tried to teach him to cook but i'd just end up getting mad and kicking him out of the kitchen most of the time
>>
I used to cook pretty well but now that I've gotten lazy I just mostly cook tv dinners.
>>
>>7516404
>>did not know what garlic was
what
>>
>>7516428
i asked him to go to the store and pick up some garlic and he came back with an onion

really good guy but totally incompetent
>>
Anyone have the italian lasagne/irish stew guy stories to post pls?
>>
File: 0f8nmhr.jpg (36 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
0f8nmhr.jpg
36 KB, 480x640
I am surprised at how people think using a crockpot is witchcraft
>>
>>7516440
sooo..what your saying is that you'r single now?
are you in Michigan or Toronto baby girl? ;^)
>>
>>7516564
>your
>you'r
lol
>>
>>7516592
hurr look at me being so smarty pants I fix people grammar at le chinese cartoon sites that they clearly made by mistake from typing opn the mobile phone. pls hire me. this is counts for real experience for my english degree pls.
>>
>>7516624
its ok, calm down
>>
Those men who think cooking is some difficult skill when it's really so easy even a woman can do it.

Like holy moly senpai just throw some shit in a pan and add heat it's literally that easy.
>>
No, but it is disappointing.
>>
>>7511926

My 30 year old ex-roommate 'could not cook' and mostly ate premade spaghetti he bought from the supermarket, he would bring home like 3 large trays at a time and live off of that until it was out. One time he microwaved a steak from raw for 45 minutes and shared it with his dog.
>>
>>7514415
except hes right, you sound like a cunt and it sounds like you and your boyfriend deserve each other
>>
It disappoints me, specially being a young person and seeing my contemporaries being unable to produce good food.

It's so easy these days too, all you have to do is know basic skills and have an internet connection and you can make a wide selection of excellent food, last week I made fried chicken thigh pieces and it was so good I purposefully smoked a J so I could enjoy it more.

The only upside is that like most skills that have been lost, you can impress people with them. I've had many dates where we fuck whilst something is simmering away...
>>
>>7511926

I can't blame them too much. I didn't wash my own clothes until 22.
>>
>>7514929
>NZ

It's all the Maoris and islanders driving up the statistics. Polynesians are the fattest people in the world.
>>
>>7511926
Anyone can cook, it's the people that don't do the research to figure it out who are fuckheads
>>
>>7511991
I'm like this guy. My GF is away on a nursing contract until late July, so I do a lot of solo cooking. on weekends I make a fucking huge pot of something and freeze it for lunches, but my dinners tend to be very simple easy things. I actually get bored with it frequently and invite people over just to have a reason to cook something more elaborate.

This has actually turned into a weekly "Family dinner" with my niece, her kids, and a bunch of our mutual bar friends.
>>
>>7515349
Lol
>>
File: 1456421123829.jpg (49 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1456421123829.jpg
49 KB, 512x384
Almost everyone can "Cook" in the sense they won't burn shit and it will be edible. A lot can't season or keep meat from drying out though.

Like, the day I learned my mother couldn't cook for shit was kind of trippy. Long story short, divorce happened and I moved in with dad after 20 years of eating nothing but mom's cooking unless we went out. So when I started eating dad's cooking, he would actually season shit and it tasted so much better.

>mfw I went back over to her place one time and cooked, finding an unopened bottle of spice
>from twelve fucking years ago
>>
>>7511926
A friend of mine recently started asking for recipes after he moved back in with his parents. Turns out, his mother is an even worse cook than he is.
I never saw the difficulty in simple every day recipes, you just need to follow the instructions.
>>
>>7518390
ITT: stale memes
>and faggots
>>
>>7511926
>wood grain headphones with iPhone

into the trash you go
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp8vd4X3IGg
RIGHT HERE WIT YOU OP LOL!
>>
>>7516527
>crockpot
>not a thermal cooker
It's like you hate flavor.
>>
>>7511926
I wouldn't say it infuriates me, but it's kind of annoying. They pretty much all know how to cook, and I'd like to be a special snowflake for having some cooking ability.
>>
I can cook, I'd even go so far as to say I'm a decent cook. I'm just fucking lazy as shit most days.

I eat cereal for breakfast, make basic deli sandwiches for lunch, and then eat out for dinner most days. I don't even get home till 6:30 and since I live alone it seems like a bunch of work to just cook for myself. When I had a gf or roommates I'd cook more.
>>
>>7519102
iphone's DAC isn't that bad
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.