[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /ck/ like Mexican food?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: IMG_5763.jpg (465 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5763.jpg
465 KB, 600x400
Does /ck/ like Mexican food?
>>
>>7511676
Yes, but I found out that there's a lot more than tacos and burritos that I haven't tried
>>
>>7511676
Yes, but I like Tex Mex better
>>
>>7511676

GOAT

t. Raised in Arizona
>>
File: 9642659.0.jpg (125 KB, 792x528) Image search: [Google]
9642659.0.jpg
125 KB, 792x528
>>7511678
Depends on where you're from you can find a mexican joint that has molcajetes, try it. even better if its seafood molcajetes
>>
Mexican food is the greatest food on planet earth and I'm a Cajun saying this. It's the only food I could eat every single day.
>>
>>7511676
yes
tortas are goat
elotes and pepinos from mexian carts are also goat

(chicago)
>>
File: migas_guera.jpg (220 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
migas_guera.jpg
220 KB, 1600x1066
I still remember that stall in Mexico city that sold bread and pork stew. the stock was as great as any ramen or pho dish
>>
>>7511676
Never tried it.
>>
>>7511790
Where are you from?
>>
>>7511699
This. This is what brings the world together. I like this guy.
>>
Most of it I can take or leave but I love street tacos, tacos el pastor, fajitas and Carne Asada burritos which I believe are an Americanization
>>
>>7511686
That food in your picture is weirdly prepared aguachiles. Molcajete just means mortar and pestle, it's not a dish...
>>
File: 9642678.0.jpg (77 KB, 565x377) Image search: [Google]
9642678.0.jpg
77 KB, 565x377
>>7511908
its the filter. and yes molcajete is a pestle and mortar but you can find many restaurants in the us and mexico that specialize in seafood, meat or mixto molcajetes.
>>
>>7511935
>>7511686
I don't get the trend of mocajetes coming back in style and I'm full mexican. I think it's nostalgia or a gimmick to attract white people looking for "authenticity". It's kinda useless otherwise since we just use blenders and shit. Your food doesn't taste any different just because it was prepped and served in a grinder rock bowl.
>>
File: ENMOLADAS-DE-POLLO-O-QUESO1.jpg (533 KB, 1656x1131) Image search: [Google]
ENMOLADAS-DE-POLLO-O-QUESO1.jpg
533 KB, 1656x1131
>tfw you dont have left over mole sauce in your fridge to pour over white rice or enchiladas
>>
>>7511908
It is a dish, my dad makes it and he usually puts scallops and shrimps into it
>>
File: thumb_600.jpg (125 KB, 590x590) Image search: [Google]
thumb_600.jpg
125 KB, 590x590
>>7511972
Dunno. I see it in a lot of places in mexico as well. maybe it could be for presentation or for traditional/authentic purposes like you said, or it could just be one of those things where people can just add whatever the fuck they want in it and leave room open for creativity
>>
>>7511792
Chile
>>
>>7511676
Yes. But, much like Cajun/Creole, its fans are a little too hardcore.
>>
Yes
One of my parents is full blooded mexican, was an illegal untill they got their citizenship back in 2001.
Beans and rice was a staple, and I still cook chilaquiles all the time, it's ingrained in my blood at this point.
>>
>>7511676
Mexican cuisine is probably the best thing to come out of their country. I can't think of any other likable quality regarding Mexicans.
>>
>>7511699
What do Cajuns eat every day?
>>
>>7511676
That a killer looking sarandeado OP. Thats a whole butterflied big fish grilled with vegetables. Fucking party food. You just grab a tortilla and use it to tke a fist full and you have an instant taco.
>>
>>7511972
I promise you that if you have a same ingredient blender salsa and a molcajete salsa side by side you can tell the difference in both flavor and texture. Yes, most folks use blenders for convienence but everyone breaks out the molcajete for special occasions like a weekend carne asada. I'm talking about in Mexico. I'm american but I've lived in Mexico for nearly 15 years now.
>>
>>7511676
It's ok butit's also totally overrated
>>
>tfw no mexican abuela to make you her specialty dishes
>>
>>7517116
what that is
>>
I like that spicy mexican food but that best thing are the margeritas. Margeritas, the drink of the gods.
>>
it's a great food guys, but living near mexicali has been hell on the us population on our side of the border

mass obesity because of the constant consumption of the food here. paper headline just ran saying 65%< of the people here are obese
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.