[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you eat for breakfast? Also, how do I make the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: fluffy-scrambled-eggs.jpg (60 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
fluffy-scrambled-eggs.jpg
60 KB, 300x300
What do you eat for breakfast?

Also, how do I make the best fluffy scrambled eggs and what do I add to it?
>>
>>7511483
go to youtube and lookup gordon ramsay scrambled eggs
>>
>>7511483
on the heat, off the heat, on the heat, off the heat, scrambling the whole time
>>
>>7511490
disgusting .
>>
>>7511494
y
>>
>>7511483
>What do you eat for breakfast?

Lunch.
>>
IN
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 640x414) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 640x414
>>7511483
I usually just eat whatever leftovers I have from dinner. This morning I attempted an experiment. I found a "smore maker" machine I forgot I had from a white elephant Christmas party. It warms slowly and I think to myself, I wonder if this thing could slow cook an omlet. So I put some egg in there, set the timer for 20 minutes, and go take a shower. Needless to say it was an epic fail and resulted in a goo like omlet. I have learned that a smore maker is a useless piece of shit that isn't good for anything but melting chocolate and marshmallows on a graham cracker. Pic related after I scooped it out. It sorta cooked the egg but never got hot enough to make the egg hold its shape. Epic fail. Oh well, it was worth the shot, lol.
>>
THE PAN
>>
>>7511483

Funny, I've just made scrambled eggs for breakfast. Did it according to Gordon's video, and it came surprisingly well for a first time. Didn't use that much butter because I'm not a lardass though.
>>
>>7511496
not that guy but I think it's fine although the Creme Fraiche is unnecessary.
>>
STRONG
>>
ROBUST
>>
>>7511512
Sounds like you could use it as a substitute for a bain marie. You could try making custard in it, pate a choux, tang zhong, or other chocolate-related things like hot chocolate, Mexican/French/Spanish style hot chocolates, ganache, etc.
>>
It's not really scrambled eggs but you could try http://www.pbs.org/food/recipes/poached-scrambled-eggs/ . It makes light, fluffy eggs and is pretty easy to make. You just need to make sure you drain the water well.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 640x603) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 640x603
>>7511538
Thanks. I'll look into that. I don't really like smores so I'd like to find another use for the machine. I don't know how hot it gets. The instructions don't mention it. So everything I do with it other than a smore is basically an experiment.
>>
>>7511570
I also have one if those that I got as a gift. Take a graham cracker, mix some butter and brown sugar together and smear that in top of the cracker, then put some chopped pecans on top and let that cook for about 5 min. They taste like little pecan pies. There really isn't a lot that you can do with it but it's fun to mess around with sometimes. I think they go to like 150-170 degrees. Not sure but that's my best guess.
>>
GIB ME A GODDAMN SCRAMBLED EGG RECIPE YOU KEKS
>>
Snuck out of bed early to set out bfs Easter basket, make coffee and cook pretty traditional breakfast
>>
>>7511665

Why don't you ask your wife's son, cuck
>>
>>7511665
Literally just salt, pepper, and a splash of milk/creamer
>>
My small breakfast this morning was a snack of flatbread drizzled with honey; chopped dates, and tea. Normally I have oatz for breakfast but today I'm just hanging around the house until noon, so lunch will be more substantial.
>>
Microwave on med high for about three minutes. Attach a wooden spoon to the roof of the microwave with blutac and place the bowl under to get automatic stirring action as plate revolves.
>>
scrambled eggs fucking disgusting
enjoy your butter with some eggs in it
>>
JUST

LET
>>
>>7511684
That would be the anon you're talking to's son, anon. Get with the times.
>>
OFF THE HEAT
>>
4 Packs of oatmeal and 12 egg whites

COME ON
>>
>>7511825

m-mutant?
>>
>>7511496
Because he assumes everyone likes runny scrambled eggs. I find them absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>7511483
Best way is to have the whole pan coated with a nice buttery film on medium heat, crack the eggs directly in the pan (rather than mixing/beating first), then using long strokes to scramble
>>
>>7511483
French-style eggs
http://www.marthastewart.com/900968/french-style-scrambled-eggs

Use a double boiler, I find they come out better this way with gentile heat. I just made some with Portuguese sausage, kale (cooked in sausage drippings), french bread and cut strawberries. Fantastic.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.