[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chocolate and acne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: chocolate-bar.png (76 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
chocolate-bar.png
76 KB, 500x400
Thoughts on the link between chocolate and acne? Is it the milk in the chocolate that is the culprit, and would that mean dark chocolate is less bad for skin?
Of all the foods I'd have to give up for my skin, chocolate would be the hardest.
>>
>>7511257
It's the sugar. Sugar makes your skin break out, and causes general inflammation.
>>
>>7511257
Acne is mostly genetic, if you can't control your're acne it's because it's engraved in your DNA
>>
Chocolate in America is full of government subsidised corn syrup
>>
>>7511257
This has been proven to be a myth. Like >>7511274 says its mostly genetic. Unless you are a REALLY disgusting human being (like, never ever ever showering/washing your face) then there is only so much you can do to help your acne.

If you're female, hormonal contraceptives are an option. If you're overweight, that can also contribute to breakouts. I lost about 30lb while I was in college and noticed I had less breakouts.

Go ahead and munch away, cutting back on chocolate isn't going to help.
>>
>>7511279
this desu

your pretty much just bending over for the Fanjuls if you eat this shit
>>
>>7512158
> Like >>7511274 says its mostly genetic. Unless you are a REALLY disgusting human being (like, never ever ever showering/washing your face) then there is only so much you can do to help your acne.

That's wrong though, there are most certainly things you can do. For example I've had mild face acne all my life (30s now) and the only variable that controls the acne is if I sweat for at least a half hour a day. If I keep that up I basically never get a pimple. Let it slide for a week and it's pizza city.

I can scrub my face 3x a day and all it does is dry out my face. I can go 2 days without showering and all I get is greasy face.
>>
>>7512169
I'm assuming at this point OP has tried steam baths (akin to the sweating you describe), all types of harsh and non-harsh cleansers, exfolients, and moisturizes to be at the point of asking whether or not it could be diet-related. That's why I didn't list off things that could help like

"did you try washing your face? har har"

I see you didn't give OP the benefit of the doubt that I did.
>>
There is no link.

>>7511266
No. You just think that's true because your mother said so, and she only thinks that because her mother said so.
>>
>>7512180
>didn't give op the benefit of the doubt
no, I find it odd that you went from "wash your face" to "go on a weight loss diet and get on prescription hormones" especially considering washing your face doesn't do shit, and sweating is easy peasy but a lot of people have an aversion to it

prescription female hormones, are you shitting me?
>>
>>7512251
>If you're female, hormonal contraceptives are an option."
>if you're female

Anon there is literally nothing wrong with women taking birth control pills. It prevents unwanted pregnancy and clears up acne for a lot of women who use it. Unless you are some dirty sand nigger or a southern baptist I don't see where you're coming from.
>>
File: now-i-can-get-fat.jpg (82 KB, 541x536) Image search: [Google]
now-i-can-get-fat.jpg
82 KB, 541x536
>>7512368
>if you don't take birth control pills to clear up your acne you're a muslim
this is even better than "if you have a pimple you must be 30 pounds overweight"
>>
>>7511257
You could have a different allergy, I found out that food high in phytoestrogens can cause breakouts. I stopped eating flax and sesame and my acne is almost gone. Dairy also has hormones too, and I stopped eating that as well but before I knew about the phytoestrogens. I also use a face wash with activated charcoal (in b4 activate your charcoal) and I barely have breakouts.
>>
>>7512379
>no one should ever take birth control pills

I bet you use a moon cup and think antibiotics are the devil too.
>>
>>7512486
I have no idea what the fuck a "moon cup" is, I assume it's some roasty thing? Maybe if you worked on keeping your legs closed more carefully, you wouldn't have to constantly worry about getting knocked up. Try using that inner thigh exerciser machine at the gym, I see a lot of girls using it.
>>
>>7511257
It's mostly facial hygiene. How dirty are you?
>>
>>7511257
It's not so much about giving up foods you just have to eat better in general. More veggies and water will help your skin in the long run. Especially the water.
>>
>>7512504
Im blasting in that pussy regardless, so bitch better be ready. You are clearly a fucking virgin nigger faggot.
>>
>>7511257
i don't know. i used to think it's bull, but i got a break out first time in like 2 years. right after i spent yesterday pigging out on easter chocolate (cadbury mini eggs). oddly doesn't happen when i buy *good* chocolate - like belgian dark chocolate or milk chocolate with almonds (the kind you buy in big bars)
>>
>>7512406
>phytoestrogens
Doesn't soya milk contain them? I thought soya was a good alternative to dairy milk for acne.
It seems to be that if you're genetically prone to acne, then all food causes acne
>>
>>7513594
There's some heavy light trickery in this image
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.