[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would /ck/ eat this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
Would /ck/ eat this?
>>
Other than making it yourself the closets thing available commercially is Pilot Bread.
>>
>>7511093
They also had beetles in them.

Fact.
>>
>>7511093
Hell yes I would. After going a few days without food, I'll eat just about anything. This was war time food and rations.
>>
Why were they wormy, didn't they store them in something?
>>
I bet even back then they were full of government subsidised corn syrup
>>
>>7511278
Oh shut the fuck up Chad
>>
>>7511093
No, it's a historical artifact, it belongs in a museum.
>>
>>7511093
>make food that attracts bugs
>free protein
That was brilliant.
>>
>>7512551
Thanks Dr. Jones
>>
Only if I can keep the dead maggot in for muh protein gains
>>
>>7511093
Yeah.

What I'd really like to try is a can of wartime Spam, though.
>>
File: Hos.jpg (58 KB, 594x415) Image search: [Google]
Hos.jpg
58 KB, 594x415
>>7511093
Would cover with really hot chili and devour
>>
>>7511093
As long as its only worms and not mold... I guess after you ate one out of hunger you dont give much of a fuck afterwarts
>>
>filled with worms and shit
>have a "longer shelf life" than regular bread
>>
>worm castle
That's cute.
>>
>>7512557
The thing about the bugs was that you couldn't even chew the stuff before they softened it up for you.

But it has been done throughout history for protein. Ship crews would encourage weevils in their flour for long voyages.
>>
>>7511262
also the most requested and coveted thing from soldiers back then was coffee because dipping these fucking things in it was the only way to soften them up enough to actually eat
>>
>>7511262
The beetles were most likely the adult form of the worms (which was likely a species of mealworm/darkling beetle).
>>
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 1112x1044) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 1112x1044
>>7511093

>Eating hardtack from 1862.
>Not eating vardtack from 1852

Faggot plep
>>
>>7514695

could just dip them in water namsaying
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.