[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some delicious all vegan recipes? I'll be posting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 9
What are some delicious all vegan recipes?

I'll be posting some, please contribute.

First up is Soup Nazi Mulligatawny, this Delicious soup of chili like texture takes many hours to reduce and has intense flavour, the nuts soften up and mimics meat in a typical stew. eggplant,corn,roasted red peppers, pistachios, and cashews make up the bulk of the soup. Use suggested spices sparingly as they are intensified many times by the cooking time.
>>
>>7510989
Diarrhea is vegan, op? Fascinating.
>>
Here is a coconut curry, often bulked up with protein such as shrimp or chicken, it's just as delicious as a plain sauce served over basmatti rice, or bulked up with red (pink, Masoor dal) lentils, cauliflower and ideally under-cooked, boiled and skinned potatoes crushed into chunks.

A typical curry started with spices of onion, scotch bonnet peppers, curry paste and ginger is cooked into a aromatic base that is loosened with a can of 100% coconut milk, beware of cheaper coconut milk bulked with guar gum or xanthan gum. Only one red pepper is required, you can use any vegetables, really. In the image here it's served with low carb vegetables only and no lentils, which I don't recommend.
>>
This filling meal is both refreshing and nutritious, and very simple to prepare.

Flatbread with Fava Beans, Cucumbers, and Burrata. The Burrata can be subbed with mozzarella. The Fava beans, with gabanzo beans. The beans are cooked and mashed into lemon juice with just salt and pepper. The cucumbers marinated lightly with rice vinegar and salt. Simply spread on the toasted bread then layer on sliced cheese of choice and cucumber.
>>
>>7511036
Here we see it finished with fresh basil leaves and lightly toasted sesame seeds.
>>
>>7511036
>burrata or mozzarella
Isn't this meant to be a vegan thread?
>>
File: beet-and-rye-panzanella.jpg (452 KB, 1880x1120) Image search: [Google]
beet-and-rye-panzanella.jpg
452 KB, 1880x1120
Panzanella is a Tuscan-style salad of bread and tomatoes that's popular in the summer. It includes chunks of soaked stale bread and tomatoes, sometimes also onions and basil, dressed with olive oil and vinegar.

To bulk it up and make it more satisfying for vegans, here we use rye bread, dry riccata and beats. Tomatoes are subbed with oranges to bring in the acid. Served with an assortment of fresh herbs, dill, parsley, tarragon, and mint.

To prepare, simply bake the beats and skin and quarter, toast the bread in olive oil and vinegar in the oven, then toss the ingredients together.

If you're not familiar with getting nice orage slices like these: Using a small sharp knife, remove peel and white pith from orange. Working over bowl with beets, cut between the membranes to release segments into bowl. Squeeze membranes to release juices; discard.
>>
>>7511039
I meant to say vegetarian, I'm not really a vegetarian so I'm not really familiar with the technical definition of the terms. I just like to eat good nutritious food that is satisfying and filling :)
>>
>>7511054
>leavened bread
You're literally murdering cultures of bacteria. Savage.

Also, that's the worst panzanella ever, why are there no tomatoes?
>>
Vomit and supplements
>>
>>7511056
>cheese

>good food
>>
>>7511059
It's often difficult to find good tomatoes, and a lot of people don't like the texture of mealy, pale tomatoes with the bread. Oranges can be found year round at any grocer and are consistently flavorful.
>>
File: pasta-e-fagioli-with-escarole.jpg (629 KB, 1880x1120) Image search: [Google]
pasta-e-fagioli-with-escarole.jpg
629 KB, 1880x1120
Pasta e Fagioli with Escarole

Escarole can be subbed with spinach or ideally kale with the stems cut out to bring in the bitterness.

Bring beans, Parmesan rind, carrots, celery, head of garlic, parsley, rosemary, bay leaves, chiles, and 2 quarts water to a boil in a medium pot. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer, adding more water as needed, until beans are tender, about 1½ hours. Discard vegetables, rind, and herbs.

Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pot over medium. Cook onion and chopped garlic until softened. Add tomatoes, crushing with your hands, and cook until liquid is almost completely reduced, 15 minutes. Add wine, bring to a boil, and cook until almost completely evaporated, about 5 minutes.

Add beans and their liquid cook for 15 minutes, then add pasta; cook, stirring and adding more water as needed, until al dente, 15–20 minutes. Add escarole and cook until wilted, about 1 minute; season with salt and pepper. Serve soup drizzled with oil and topped with crumbled dried chiles de árbol.

Very flavorful.
>>
File: frit-pie-vegan.jpg (131 KB, 625x469) Image search: [Google]
frit-pie-vegan.jpg
131 KB, 625x469
This is /ck/ inspired frito pie for vegans.

The chili is onions, peppers, tomatoes with their juice, beer, beans, white wine vinegar, garlic, coriander, cumin, and chipotle chilies in adobo.

Served topped with a bunch of quickly pan pickled onions and jalapeños to add an acidic bite, fresh cilantro, sliced scallions, avacado and fresh lime juice.

Combine vinegar, water, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add jalapeño and red onion. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions have lightly softened and are translucent and jalapeños have become dirty green, about 2 minutes.
>>
File: 1400127270-0.jpg (22 KB, 302x375) Image search: [Google]
1400127270-0.jpg
22 KB, 302x375
Ok that's all I have for now, my favorite is Soup Nazi Mulligatawny by far, I recommend everyone trys it at least once.

Sure it's not pretty and takes a long time, but it's so good and nuts really make it filling without adding meat. Remember to use unsalted nuts or to rinse the salt off so you don't end up with soup that is too salty.
>>
>>7510989
Just made this yesterday in the slow cooker:

Bag of dried lentils.
Peeled, gutted, chopped butternut squash.
One chopped onion.
Two cloves garlic, minced.
Homemade vegetable stock.
Salt, pepper, curry powder, dash of cinnamon.

Cooked on high for five hours, touched up spices, ate like a king and have leftovers for the rest of the week.

I expect to be shitting like a professional by tomorrow.
>>
>>7511168
5 hours on high? that's insane. I don't like slow cooker food personally, nothing comes out right in it.
>>
>>7511204
>butternut squash.
you should try stuffing it with itself and wild rice, barley and chard and spices.
>>
File: 1458785199188.jpg (26 KB, 508x524) Image search: [Google]
1458785199188.jpg
26 KB, 508x524
>>7511120
>/ck/ inspired
>>
>>7511120
wow looks delicious
>>
>>7510989
Salt. Specially prepared ice is vegan as well.
>>
File: vomit19.jpg (7 KB, 194x214) Image search: [Google]
vomit19.jpg
7 KB, 194x214
>>7511120
I would eat trailer trash food before I ate slop and avocado off of some corn chips in a fucking bag
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.