[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brand Check
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: fiveEightyNine.png (430 KB, 589x424) Image search: [Google]
fiveEightyNine.png
430 KB, 589x424
Is Johnsonville a fine brand to buy sausages from? bratwurst, italian etc. where do you buy your sausages?
>>
File: bohbrauts.jpg (40 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
bohbrauts.jpg
40 KB, 350x350
it's a really shitty beer but it works with these guys, favorite sausage to make
>>
>>7510379
>where do you buy your sausages
From the butcher. Cheap enough for a meal's worth that you don't have to get shitty ones.
>>
In Texas Johnsonville is low tier, there's so much good local sausage. I'll eat the brats though.
>>
>>7510379
Ugh, no. Just no.

I guess I'm lucky there's a locally-owned sausage company the next county over. Great brats.

I like to steam them with beer for a bit, then throw them on the charcoal grill to brown up. Slap them on a toasted bun with mustard and kraut (cabbage, not actual nazis) and eat like a fucking king.
>>
>>7511152
what would you recc as far as packaged shit goes
>>
>>7510379
Unsinger if I'm not buying raw decent stuff from a meat shop
>>
>>7511167
Nothing really. Packaged shit is mostly the same as far as flavor is concerned. But a lot of grocery stores will carry some localized food. Look around the section where you found the Johnsonville stuff and see if there's anything that isn't made by a huge conglomerate.

Of see if there's a local butcher in your neighborhood. Chances are, they make their own from their scraps.
>>
>>7511176
No
There are a ton of decent prepackaged sausages, you just aren't going to find them at wal mart and they cost as much as raw
>>
>>7510379
not bad, I get johnsonville Italian and brats, good enough to enjoy.
>>
>>7511152
I swear Im about to filter "just no". Shits annoying and its like a bunch of tumblrcunts came here
>>
>tfw you dont have a car and the closest butcher is a 45 minute walk away

guess im eating packaged stuff like you op
>>
>>7511419
Everyone laugh at the WIDF who got triggered by someone not liking his mass-produced ''''cheese''''-injected shitfood
>>
>>7511426
most grocery stores make their own sausage it seems like. At least basic stuff like brats and italians
>>
>>7511429
Johnsonville is the cheap stuff in Wisconsin, even amongst the cheap grocery store tier it is considered worse than Klements and much worse than Usingers
>>
>>7511449
>the #1 brat in wisconsin isn't popular
Full WIDF denial mode, tell us again how someone can say they don't like leinie's and not get punched in the face
>>
>>7511419
I filtered "redpill" and "cuck"
Its really bad, worse then "autism" and "autistic" used to be
>>
>>7511462
Personally i dont care about that cause in 6 months its gonna be some other words, plus I go on /pol/ a lot and would miss the memes.
"just no" is just a pretentious start to a pretentious post.
>>
>>7511460
the cheap stuff usually sells well, that doesn't reflect what people consider to be the higher quality product
Keep in mind, your state sells more fucking hot dogs than legitimate sausages combined, unlike Wisconsin, so you have little room to speak here

Also, Leinies is a college tier beer in Wisconsin, at least go with something like New Glarus which far outsells Leinies in state
>>
Does anyone have anything negative to say about these besides "a big company makes them ugghhhhhhh ewwwwwwww"

Because they're fine. Yeah the butcher shop destroys them and doesn't really cost much more but they're only open on the weekend and if I'm going to a friend's house to grill and need something convenient everyone is perfectly happy with Johnsonville. They're fine. The sweet Italian are better than fine.
>>
>>7511419

Just no that you may be missing out on some of my words of wisdom
>>
>>7511517
I have no need for your noledge
>>7511514
no, theyre decent enough, but of course the butcher shop is better
>>
>>7510379
Wait, bratwurst is sausage? I'm Jewish and have been eating it for years. D: WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME
>>
I just buy the supermarket brand of hot sausage.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.