[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I go into my local Booster Juice for a smoothie, because they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: sod.jpg (113 KB, 800x561) Image search: [Google]
sod.jpg
113 KB, 800x561
So I go into my local Booster Juice for a smoothie, because they taste good.

And on the counter it looks like they're trying to grow a little piece of sod (like pic related). The guy in front of me orders, and to my horror, the barista(?) goes over to the sod with a pair of scissors and cuts a chunk grass off. She jams it into a juicer and the guy gets like half an ounce of grass liquid in a little shot glass. He paid like 4 bucks for it too.

What the fuck did I just witness??
>>
a wheat grass shot
>>
>>7510337
capitalism you dumb shit
>>
Why do people pay so much for pressed juice when they could put the whole food with all its nutrients in a $300 blender at home? Are they actively trying to avoid fiber?
>>
File: images (2).jpg (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
8 KB, 275x183
>>7510355
thanks for the tip David
>>
>>7510337
is this one of those posts where we pretend to be from the early-mid 2000s or something?
>>
>>7510386
More like the 90s.
>>
>>7510337
See here: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/custom/900675/2 wheatgrass actually has a significant vitamins and minerals content. Contrary to your apparent belief, people don't eat only for the sake of macromolecules.
>>
File: wheatgrass.png (26 KB, 454x588) Image search: [Google]
wheatgrass.png
26 KB, 454x588
>>7510340
>>7510396

From Booster Juice website
>>
>>7510456
literally paying for nothing
>>
>>7510479
But it flushes the toxins out of your body. Educate yourself you mong.
>>
>>7510505
Nice psudeoscience
>>
>>7510505
I bet you believe in acupuncture and oil pulling too mr chang
>>
>>7510456
It contains some more recently discovered phytonutrients not listed there. Not nearly as much as a handful of whole greens. Much of the nutrition is pretty well attached to the solid bits that are thrown away for no good raisin.
>>
>>7510526
Acupuncture is one of those mysteries where it actually works but with consensus on how

I mean even some insurances cover it
>>
>>7510545
It's no more effective than acupressure.
>>
I grow some wheat grass and make a smoothie with it sometimes, it looks nice.
>>
>>7510545
Its a placebo effect that's positive, that's all, it doesn't fix anything, just makes you feel better about it.
>>
>>7510505
>toxins
which ones?
>>
File: Untitled.png (377 KB, 784x800) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
377 KB, 784x800
>>7510946
>>
>>7510946
the bad ones
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.