[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't cook chicken.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 20160326_164431.jpg (805 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160326_164431.jpg
805 KB, 2048x1152
I gotta impress someone; tips and or recipes appreciated. Pic related; best I got.
>>
Sometimes when I have guests over, I offer to let them help me cook. I'll say like "hey, could you chop these green onions for me," and they're usually happy to do it. You should just hand them the chicken and ask them to do that for you while you cook the rest.
>>
Well Op I marinade the pieces overnight. Than broil each side about 10 min each or until it looks good. I baste and turn each side accordingly. Cook for at least 30-40 min, either broiling or baking. Checking and basting regularly.
>>
>>7509981

I do this all the time.

Occasionally people interpret 'cook this chicken' as 'punch me in the face' though, which can get a little irritating.
>>
You literally can't over-season chicken.
>>
>>7510357
I'm going to try again with some leg quarters this afternoon.
>>
Whole jerk chicken time
>>
>>7509962
Pound breast out flat and even with mallet . Sear both sides til they stop clinging on cast iron skillet preheated to high. Move skillet with breast into oven preheated to 550 for 10 minutes. Let rest 3 or 4 Mon before serving. Plate with leafy veg and a starch for your grain-brains. I like beans; woo woo woo.
>>
vacuum bag it and a 75 degrees celcius bath
>>
>>7509962
15-20 mins on the pan
>>
>>7512502
Yep, ghetto sous-vide is the way to go.
Just don't put giant pieces unless you want to wait a long time.
>>
>>7509962
What chicken parts are you working with? They'll all cook differently.

Put breasts in a pot with cold chicken stock. Bring it up to a boil and immediately kill the heat. Leave it for 15 minutes.
Take out the chicken and rub it with a paste of olive oil, a chicken stock cube, crushed garlic and some paprika.
Quickly sear it in a hot pan.

Don't undercook them.
>>
>>7509962
Buy some kfc
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.