[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /ck/, how do I cook the perfect ramen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: perfectramen.jpg (54 KB, 736x545) Image search: [Google]
perfectramen.jpg
54 KB, 736x545
So /ck/, how do I cook the perfect ramen?
>>
cook 3 minutes, add packet
>>
good soup stock
this is the hardest part, and chances are, if you have to ask, you have no idea how to do it
>>
cook 3 minutes and 6.5 seconds, add 2/3 the seasoning packet, stir, add the remaining seasoning
>>
>>7509412
>if you have to ask, you have no idea how to do it

no shit... that's why people ask questions

try not being a cunt and help OP
>>
>>7510356
I remember this one time when people knew how to type shit into google. Oh wait that never happened kek
>>
>>7509374
>filthy frank memester

Kill yourself
>>
Watch the movie "Tampopo"
>>
vegetarian ramen
>>
boil beef/chicken/pork bones for days.
>>
cook and drain noodles separately
pork bone broth
>>
boil water
packet in
put in noodle
add green onions and fishcake
>>
http://www.ntv.co.jp/dash/contents/ramen/
>>
>>7511041
This
I usually get a pig leg, a ham hock, a pork belly, and a couple of small chickens. Boil it for two or three days, making sure to keep adding water. It's hard to pay attention to some shit for that long but I'd you boil out your bones and burn them up you're fucked.

Usually I pick the bones out once the meat is falling off and boil them seperately. Once the bones fall apart, strain out the matter and add it back to your meaty parts.

Here is where you make the choice as to whether to remove the meat and fat matter or not. I leave it in, but a ramen shop would require clean broth, so they pull it out. Admittedly it can be kinda smelly.

You'll know it's good when it's white, creamy, and so fatty that it solidifies when it cools.
>>
Now once your broth is ready, make your fixins. Soft boiling eggs is tricky but once you get em peeled and ready you marinate them in soy sauce and mirin, maybe with a bit of fish sauce and chili depending on how you want em.

I add pork, nori, green onion, soft boiled egg, wood ear mushrooms or oyster or shiitake or whatever you want...maybe diced white onion too. I like to top it with a few sprinkles of sesame oil and chili paste...Fuck I love ramen
>>
>>7509374
Unless you're making it in bulk its not worth the time or money.
>>
>>7509374
Someone on /ck/ shared this and I made it once, it was pretty good but a lot of work

http://luckypeach.com/recipes/momofuku-ramen-2-0/
>>
>>7510361
Come on, buddy. Sure, you can google it and get a few pages of articles on the subjects, but sometimes you just need the lived experience of somebody who's tried cooking it over and over. Seems to be what OP is after.

>>7509374
With your soups in general, a big difference between what you get at a nice Japanese place and in your house is going to be the way the stock is made. In restaurants, they can afford to boil bones and such into the stock for hours, whereas you might not have such time. Sucks, but you might as well know.

Beyond that, it largely depends on personal preference. I would season it with a basic sauce of soy sauce and brown sugar mixed/heated together and add cut-up daikon radish, cabbage, and celery.
For meat, I'd take advantage of the hot soup and add thinly sliced raw pork. Recipes recommend freezing the pork for 15 minutes prior to cutting so that you can get a really thin layer of it. The boiling soup will cook meat that is this small.

This is sort of a subjective thing, but the tips you get here should get you on the right path to making the ramen you like the most.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.