[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Buy Bear Grylls book on how to make healthy food >It starts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 18968-Beargrylls.jpg (120 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
18968-Beargrylls.jpg
120 KB, 800x600
>Buy Bear Grylls book on how to make healthy food
>It starts talking about toxins, saying to avoid beef and dairy as it contains hormones and encourages going gluten free and other diet memes.

Should I just chuck it in the bin?
>>
Post recipes on piss
>>
juat skip to the section about piss drinking cleanses
>>
>>7509014
well if you're in the USA, he's right and you should move to a different country entirely where food isn't terrible
>>
>>7509032
I'm not from the US and most countries dairy and beef contain hormones and antibiotics.
>>
>>7509014
>>Should I just chuck it in the bin?
Yes.
>>
just look at the healthiest populations of people in the world.

who's the longest lived? who has the lowest rates of disease?

sure, genetics and economics play a part. but diet is a huge component too.

eat like a jap. or an icelander.

>For centuries, hunting, fishing and foraging sustained Iceland. The island, just south of the Arctic Circle, is so remote, and its growing season so short, that people would take whatever they could from the land and the sea, surviving on puffin jerky and (ammonia-reeking) fermented shark. Today, Iceland's geographic isolationplus strict government environmental regulationshelps it produce some of the purest foods on the planet. Grass-fed cows with a lineage that goes back to the Norwegian herds brought by the Vikings in 874 AD make milk that's high in beta carotene, creating exceptional butter and cheese as well as the yogurt-like skyr. Family farms sell tender meat from lambs that have grazed in the mountains all summer on moss, scrub and wildflowers. Fish farmers raise arctic char without chemicals or antibiotics in eco-friendly saltwater tanks.

http://www.foodandwine.com/articles/should-you-eat-like-an-icelander
>>
if you wanna die fat and young, sure.
>>
>>7509071
They live long because they have zero stress in their lives.
>>
>>7509093
> zero stress
Clearly you've never seen japanese businessmen.
>>
>>7509071
Oh yes, because I can definitely find wildflower-fed lamb meat in California.
>>
>>7509014
>Should I just chuck it in the bin?
Yes.
>>
File: butter.jpg (40 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
butter.jpg
40 KB, 480x360
>>7509121

just buy any grass-fed meat and dairy.

you'll get that same beta carotene and other nutrients.

natural grass-fed butter is super yellow.
>>
>>7509071
Not really. These people have one thing in common. Isolation. Meaning they have evolved genetically to suit their food and environment. You might not have their exact genes, hence copying them might not do anything.
>>
>>7509014
Seems to me you got the exact content you were looking for.
> meme book by bear grylls
>>
>>7511025
Pretty sure it's more about the environmental factor and not your genetic makeup or taste.
>>
>>7509014
Bear grylls is a huge faggot, why would you read anything he put his name on?
>>
>>7509014
>chuck it in the bin

No, obviously you should use it to start fires for survival. Use fire to grill meats.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.