[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /ck/. I'm a big fan of Scotch Whiskey (Single Malt,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: scotch-340x509.jpg (51 KB, 340x509) Image search: [Google]
scotch-340x509.jpg
51 KB, 340x509
Hey, /ck/.

I'm a big fan of Scotch Whiskey (Single Malt, Blended, Irish) and I love finding and tasting new ones. I have a small collection of finished bottles, boxes and cylinders as keepsakes and mental checkmarks.

That said, I feel like it's really difficult to get to the level where I can really learn about and discuss scotch intelligently. I'm perceptive enough that I can usually pick out flavors and tones, especially if they're printed on the container, but I'd love to be able to have real discourse with a community of enthusiasts.

Does anybody know of anywhere like that or how to find such a community?

Scotch General by the way. Feel free to give recommendations.
>>
pls respond
>>
pls respond
>>
>Scotch whisky
>Irish
>>
>>7508525
If your on facebook there a group called whiskey scotch and bourbon enthusiasts . It's mostly people posting pics of what they're drinking so you get good tips on what to try. I wouldn't have known to try Lagavulin 16 without those guys posting about it. But I'm sure if you want a conversation about tasting notes I'm sure there's a couple of fellas that would be happy to oblige.
>>
>>7508525
I've been drinking Balvenie 12yr Doublewood.
>>
>>7508525
Where do you live?
Do you have a whisk(e)y bar in your neighbourhood?
Most whisky-drinkers hang out there.
Try visiting your local whisky-dealer, ask him/her for advice/clubs/events.
Whisky tasting events should be pretty common.

Actual whisky-communities tend to be old school, as millenials prefer being drunk to drinking.

Currently on my shelf are a Writer's Tears, The Ardmore and Glenlivet. Pretty standard bottles, bought the latter two in my local supermarket.
>>
>>7508525

just take a sip and remark about how each one tastes like cigarette smoke, dirt, and alcohol
>>
www.whiskyfun.com
https://www.youtube.com/user/ralfystuff/videos

Lots of communities like what you are looking for are referenced by these two.
>>
>>7508525
>discuss scotch intelligently

I found your problem, senpai. You're illiterate as fuck in every topic so you think being able to talk about scotch will make you sound suave and worldly. Hint, everyone else who isn't trying to desperately give their alcoholism a sense of validity is going to think you're trying to come off as a "classy drunk." Put down the liquor, crack a Budweiser like everyone else, and pick up a book on a topic that's relatable to more people other than over the hill losers on Kikebook.
>>
>>7508579
I'm glad the first real response was this. OP triggered my autism.
>>7508525
>Scotch Whiskey (Single Malt, Blended, Irish)
Scotch whisky is whisky. Irish whiskey is not scotch.

>That said, I feel like it's really difficult to get to the level where I can really learn about and discuss scotch intelligently. I'm perceptive enough that I can usually pick out flavors and tones, especially if they're printed on the container, but I'd love to be able to have real discourse with a community of enthusiasts.
You're doing it wrong. Becoming an expert on whisky is not the goal of drinking it. The goal of drinking whisky is to enjoy it. The more you enjoy yourself, the more experience you'll get and the more knowledgable you'll become. With that said, if you want to talk to other whisky enthusiasts, 4chan is not a good place. Luckily for you this shit is easy to find because plenty of other people like whisky. Start with this bro's >>7509799 recommendations.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.