[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rabbit recipes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 41MUI9B658L.jpg (28 KB, 500x263) Image search: [Google]
41MUI9B658L.jpg
28 KB, 500x263
What are some good ways to cook the easter bunny, /ck/?
>>
>>7507565
Brush with Sweet Baby Ray's Mustard BBQ sauce, tie legs with cooking twine, cook on stick over open fire. Alternately grill it.
>>
Cook that motherfuck like you would a chicken. Fry that shit up Colonel Sanders style.
>>
File: 1451265015014.jpg (25 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1451265015014.jpg
25 KB, 321x322
>>7507565
>>
>>7507565
Cook it maltese style. MAke a stew with carrots and potatoes. That shit is delicious
>>
Poke holes with a knife and stuff garlic cloves in. Cover in olive oil. Add salt and pepper.
Optionally cook on a bed of potatoes, carrots and broccoli.
>>
>>7507565
in an onion stew, with lots of whole small onions, red wine and a little vinegar
>>
>>7507565
Make a trio of it. Separate it into legs, back filets, and the carcass, keeping all intestines.

Legs; Stew. Carrots, pearl onions, bay leaf, Belgian brown beer.

Back filet; Quickly sear in a pan, finish in the oven. Slice across the grain, inch thick segments, and serve with a paté made from the liver, kidneys, heart, and some wild berries.

Carcass; Game stock. Simmer with leeks, rosemary, celery, onions, carrots, and some garlic. Reduce by half, remove all solids, and serve.
>>
Throw it in a crockpot for 9 hrs with some chicken broth and a desirable assortment of veggies. Use the juices to make a gravy and serve with biscuits and a tall glass of milk.
>>
>>7507565

For some reason, I don't have the heart to eat rabbit.
>>
see: >>7502811

Braising/stewing/slow cooking is pretty much the only way to go with rabbit.
>>
2 parts brown sugar
1 part salt
Put that shit in a bag

Throw in the rabbit. Toss it around in the mix and cost everything nicely. Throw the bag in the fridge for 20-30 minutes

And then... Really gotta do it... V give the rabbit a light rinse in the sink

Fry in a pan with a touch of oil

Fucking delicious
>>
>ctrl+f
>no paella

What the fuck is wrong with you guys!

imdisapoint.jpg
>>
>>7507565
https://youtu.be/ehAyiFYRiWs?t=32m40s

Goddamn amazing.
>>
oh, i have JUST the right recipe for you OP.
It's an old faily recipe and the one my dad has wished for as his birthday meal since he was a little boy.

you'll need

1x Rabbit, cut in fist-sized bits or any other rabbit meat. but make sure it has some bones too
cooking oil (i use lard for this recipe, but you can substitute)
loads of garlic (we put in 10-15 cloves)
a few onions (usually 3-4)
about 7 carrots cut into 2-3 pieces each
obtional a few pieces of celeriac
basil leafes
thyme
rosemary (i alwas get fresh herbs for this recipe. you can use dried ones, but then i would ditch the basil. i never tasted good dried basil)
about half a liter of full cream
500g creme fraiche
noilly prat or white martini for deglazing
salt and pepper

preheat oven to 200°. wash and pat dry the meat. heat the lard in a big and deep roasting pan (you'll need one you can put into the oven and that has a lid). sear the meat on all sides till you have a nice crust and plenty of flavour. deglaze with the noilly prat/martini. mix the creme fraiche and cream. season with salt and pepper. toss the vegetables into the pan too and cover with the sauce. add the herbs and the garlic.
cover with lid, put into oven for about 2h. you can ocassionally stir (i do maybe twice, usually when the sauce has reduced, so the meat is covered eavenly). the last 20 mins, i take the lid of to further reduce the sauce.
it tastes amazing. and the meat is so juicy and tender. it falls off the bones. i serve it with polenta and a green salad.
>>
Jerky is always the right choice.
But with Quail and Rabbit it's probably only econimically feasible if you raise your own
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.