[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was recently given this lao gan ma chinese hot sauce as a gift.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
I was recently given this lao gan ma chinese hot sauce as a gift. Does anyone have a good recipe using this? Or any ideas of what i can do with this. I've already used it as a dipping sauce for dumplings and put it on fried eggs. I just want to see what else i can incorporate it into.
>>
>>7506943

>i was recently given this lao gan ma chinese hot sauce as a gift

Just say you bought it because one or two people have been posting it for the past month or two. Saying you got it as a gift makes you sound like one of those fuckwits who starts a thread with, "Just lost my X file, post X".

I've had that on my list of things to try if I see it in a store. It's ghetto Chinese sauce that probably costs $2 for a jar. It's not really a big investment, or anything like admitting you went to McDonald's because of the constant big mac threads.
>>
>>7506994
im not lying. my Chinese professor at uni gave it to me because I am the only person in her class that got 100% on the exam. that and her and I talk about food alot. i'm aware its cheap but it was still a GIFT. just because because no one loves you and no one other than your parents know you even exist doesn't give you the right to try to discredit my post.
>>
>>7507086
Are you sure she likes you? Maybe she wanted you to get cancer.
>>
File: 8764.jpg (66 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
8764.jpg
66 KB, 1000x1000
I just put it on rice most of the time.

I liked the flavour of the sauce part, but I had to throw it out once all the oil was used. The beans were alright but they were mixed with these crunchy flakes of whatever. like if youve ever accidentally eaten a bay leaf, it was like that.

That said, it was nothing really special so I just buy my usual chilli oil still.
>>
>>7507117
the soybeans inside some nice texture to fried eggs but i believe you for literally all other dishes.
>>7507103
/mlp/ seems like a more appropriate board for you. you can't troll with out looking desperate for support and can't formulate an original thought. this is more your speed of things.
>>
>that stern, slightly disappointed Chinese auntie
>that konami logo
This stuff is impossible to pick out of a lineup of thousands of sauces with some combination of oil, soy bean, and chili. If it's just the hot chili sauce, use it on vegetables (especially leafy greens) cooked at high heat. Never tried the soy version but I assume it is also good this way.
>>
>>7507157
my professor uses this as a dipping sauce for veggies. but to me tats boring. i want to cook and work with it. and to be fair it has a very un-familiar taste to it. it tastes good but its very new.
>>
>>7506943
It's nice with rice. I also like to use it as a dipping sauce for cold noodles and to be served over stir fried foods. There are some nice suggestions here: http://themalaproject.com/sourcing-lao-gan-ma-chinas-best-chili-oils-sauces/
>>
>>7506943
make some general tsos chicken
>>
I mostly use it for stir frys, especially with noodles
>>
>>7507132
Whoa, hey there. Leave the citizens of horse board out of this. Just because he is a faggot doesn't mean we need our good name besmirched. :'^ (
>>
>>7506943
I mixed it with tuna in a sandwich once. It was okay.
>>
>>7506943
Looks like an Asian Vegemite
>>
>>7506943
Why does it have an SS symbol on it?
>>
>>7506943
One of my co-workers introduced me to this, though I got the chili one (there are a couple of flavors).
I mix it with olive oil canned tuna in salads
>>
It's fucking chile oil, put it in soup.
>>
>>7513430
i have the black bean version. ive tried it on eggs and several noodle dishes. i eat alot of very spicy food so to me this sauce has only minimum heat but a nice flavor. ill try the tuna sometime.
>>7513435
it has soybean oil however it is mostly solids present in an oil base.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.