[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say that you were given a mission to construct the perfect cheeseburger.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: cheeseburger.jpg (651 KB, 3000x1890) Image search: [Google]
cheeseburger.jpg
651 KB, 3000x1890
Say that you were given a mission to construct the perfect cheeseburger.

The mission also includes using traditional ingredients with your own technical twist. Buns, meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles, bacon, red onion, and sauce. Do you think there should be more or less on the burger?

You are given an ingredient list as follows: Homemade Hamburger Buns
Beef (your choice of cut)
Cheese (your choice of cheese, melted or broiled?)
Lettuce (What kind? What's your technique to bring it to the next level?)
Tomato (What kind and how do you take it further?)
>>
I found this picture online, I was blown away that they sous vide the lettuce. I checked it out online but there's no information on sous vide produce.
>>
>>7506357
Also forgot to add red onions to that ingredient list
>>
Tbh burgers are mostly about the ingredientes. fresh ingredients and a good sauce make for a killer burger.
>>
Alright OP

First of all I would grind up ribeye with a buffalo chopper and use that to form my patties. Cook em over propane grill with salt n pepper. Use sharp cheddar thin sliced by my expert hand. Homegrown Louisiana tomatoes and romaine lettuce, the lettuce must be shocked in ice water and spun through a centrifuge for maximum crispness. I would put it on a Kaiser role with a dab of Creole mustard.
>>
>>7506418
Can you explain that shock in ice water method?
>>
The idea behind this post is that I have an opportunity to make a great burger that will sell. I just want to cover all the bases in terms of ingredients. The burger is already amazing as a classic, but how can I change those classic ingredients to make the burger more appealing in a sense of curiosity.
>>
>>7506354
>Beef (your choice of cut)
I can't make it perfect then. Pork > beef.
>>
>>7506471
Remove the leaves and put them into ice water. After a minute or so take it out and put it in a salad spinner
>>
>>7506521
You're saying a pork patty is better than a beef patty on a cheeseburger? Why? And what cut of pork?
>>
>>7506357
That is not a hamburger, that's a fucking a meme on a bun.
>>
>>7506587
Nathan is not a meme
>>
>>7506599
Every single ingredient on that burger is a meme. Sous-vide lettuce... Vacuum-pressed tomato, what the fuck kind of autist came up with that?

Modernist quisine will always be shit.
>>
>>7506354
Got a blue apron today, it had a hoisin and shitake burger, with bok choy and miso mayo. I added bacon cause i had it, and it was one of the best burgers ive ever made
>>
>>7506354
there should be 30%-25%savory stuff to other vegetables. for example. meat, mushrooms cheese mayo, etc, all counts as savory. most burgets do 50% which is barely acceptable, and some are 75 or 100% which is for basic eaters and other fat scum of the earth,
>>
>>7506711

>White bread bun
>75/25 ground chuck, grilled medium rare over a charcoal grill that has never seen lighter fluid
>A solid medium sharpness cheddar
>Thin slice of white onion, charred
>Romaine lettuce, from the middle of the leaf
>Tomato ketchup
>thick slices of sweet pickles
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.