[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there any failing restaurants at all? This guy can apparently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: restaurant-impossible.jpg (74 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
restaurant-impossible.jpg
74 KB, 360x270
Why are there any failing restaurants at all? This guy can apparently fix any restaurant by giving people a basic lesson in how to cook/run a business over two days. It can't be that hard.
>>
>>7506173
listen to kitchen confidential, and stop relying on bullshit reality TV to tell you how the real world works.

https://kat.cr/anthony-bourdain-kitchen-confidential-unabridged-128ks-earre-t1092219.html
>>
>>7506173

>it can't be that hard

And you just answered your own question.
>>
>>7506173
No matter how much you teach them people can't get over themselves.
>>
you would think he could save his own restaurants from closing.
http://www.islandpacket.com/living/food-drink/article33628278.html
http://www.eater.com/2015/1/23/7878889/restaurant-impossible-robert-irvine-fail-mall-outlet
>>
File: 61337938.jpg (101 KB, 563x750) Image search: [Google]
61337938.jpg
101 KB, 563x750
>>7506322
Chef McLargehuge is a hack
>>
>>7506173
>giving people a basic lesson in how to cook/run a business over two days
He doesn't know anything more than the basics, or else he would be able to do better at keeping them alive.
>>
>>7506331
anybody try his protein bar? I had the cookie dough crunch flavor
was pretty alright, no escaping that chemical supplement flavor though no matter how much cookie dough you pack in there
>>
>>7506322
>"He's too busy to be as personally involved as he wants to be," McLean said. "He coaches businesses and tells them if you want to be successful you have to be personally invested in the business. When you're not living here, and you're on the road 340 days a year, it's hard to do that."

Honestly, I'd buy it. He just doesn't want a restaurant anymore. Being a celebrity chef is probably fucking exhausting enough.
>>
>>7506173
I just watch it to ogle his impressive biceps, average traps and below average everything else.
His gym routine must be limited as fuck.
>>
>>7506173
I love how Zoogs closed 6 months after the show.
The alcoholic clown sold up while he could.
>>
I guess you've never seen that one episode.
>>
>>7507346
>Being a celebrity chef is probably fucking exhausting enough.
Than being just a real chef?
>>
>>7507346
Too busy to save his 2 SC restaurants but is opening a new one in the pentagon this year.
>>
Dinner impossible>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kitchen nightmares impossible
>>
>>7506173

Because many people who open restaurants love to cook. When in fact people who love math should open restaurants instead.

I also see a lot of people who are gourmets in their own mind running restaurants but actually have very little culinary education (formal or otherwise).
>>
>>7506192

The greatest challenge is that at the end of the day your main product food has a small profit margin. Which means you rely on volume of sales and turn over of tables. But you have to deliver consistently over and over.
>>
Culinary grad and pro here. People, esp well to do older people tend to have a brainwave that goes like this.

Huh. I like food, I like to eat out. Let's open a restaurant. I could do that.

But they've never worked in one.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.