[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, who seriously who the fuck does not like onions? My gf refuses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
File: onions.jpg (1 MB, 3480x2436) Image search: [Google]
onions.jpg
1 MB, 3480x2436
Ok, who seriously who the fuck does not like onions? My gf refuses to eat anything that had onions in it. It's really fucking annoying because I use them a lot when I cook. Sometimes I think about just making something with onions in it and not telling her to see if she notices
>>
>>7506013
I dislike eating onions raw like in salads and shit but in cooking they are essential.
I can't imagine making any sort of stew or soup without them.
Also caramelized onions on burgers are GOAT.
>>
>>7506013
Dude, you gotta get her drunk as fuck and ass fuck her. Tell her the only way you'll stop is by eating raw white onions.
>>
>>7506013
make yourself something delicious with onions and microwave some frozen mac and cheese for her. see if she wants a bite of what you're having. honestly, i feel like half of the food i make starts with sauteing garlic and onions.
>>
>>7506013
This is a very good reason to dump someone. Remember that you can't beat your wife anymore, so you really don't want to end up stuck with someone like this.
>>
>>7506103
This. Once you have some nice aromatics sauteing away they will come.

>scramble fresh eggs in some ground nut oil then plate them
>Saute some ginger and Chili with Garlic
>Fry onions with frozen sweet corn and peas
>Add rice back in
>Add egg again with some curry powder and pepper + soy sauce
Nice easy fragrant late breakfast
Always surprises me how much of a nicer colour fresh eggs have
>>
>>7506013
Just use granulated onion. She prolly won't even notice.
>>
>>7506013
I fucking hate onions unless they're fried and even then in moderation
>>
I wouldn't be with a person that didn't like onions. I know people say things like that and don't mean it, but I'm completely serious.
>>
>>7506031\
>I dislike eating onions raw like in salads

Even red/purple onions? Or green onions/scallions/chives?
>>
Anyone else like to eat an onion like an apple on occasion?
>>
>>7506160
no you weirdo
>>
Onions are a great way to ruin any dish
>>
>>7506203

This. They're fine as a spice or seasoning, but only if used carefully.
>>
my gf hates when I cook eggs for myself in the morning because I just brown half a diced onion in butter and then scramble two eggs into it. it's so filling and so fucking good and the kitchen smells like glorious onions for the morning. she doesn't even hate onions. just the way I eat them.
>>
>>7506203
spotted the man child
>>
>>7506013
Ask her what an onion did to her. Tell her it's OK to talk about it.
>>
>>7506013
are you dating an underage? the only people who don't like onions are fussy kids, and autistic adults

anyone who's palate has developed beyond that of a 10 year old eats onions, because it's in almost all refined cuisine
>>
why are onionfags so defensive about their shit food?
>>
>>7506328
Onions, or their family members, are staple in a large portion of food around the world.
Sorry you have shit fucking taste like a picky child.
>>
>>7506328
anti-onionfags have an even more shit and restricted diet than vegans
>>
I got weird about alliums and quit them entirely for a few years just because I didn't like them coming out every pore 24/7. Then I got a bf and started eating out sometimes and travelled and read some nutrition research and now I eat red onions and garlic frequently.
>>
File: layers.jpg (135 KB, 1172x1280) Image search: [Google]
layers.jpg
135 KB, 1172x1280
>>7506013
Shrek herself before you shrek yourself.
>>
>>7506156

Different anon here, but I'm the same way. Any sort of raw onion immediately sets off my gag reflex. I will seriously vomit. It's like my body straight up rejects them.

But cooked onions? Fuck yeah, I'm all over that shit. Love 'em. Can't get enough.

It's fuckin' weird.
>>
>>7506338
I've noticed people who call vegan diets restrictive tend to have unvaried diets and on average and in total eat fewer species.
>>
Onion and garlic are likely to trigger symptoms in persons affected with IBS, which is at least 10% of the population. Therefore, 3% of the population with severe symptoms is going to avoid onion and garlic to avoid symptoms.
>>
File: 1387843638155s.jpg (14 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1387843638155s.jpg
14 KB, 250x238
>>7506359
>vegan diet literally cuts out the entirety of meat and dairy
>not restrictive
>>
>>7506376
In everyday life, that's usually just four species.
>>
>gf
wrong website motherfucker
>>
>>7506386
no, it's several species of animal meat, fat, milk, eggs, all the different products made from milk and eggs, and all the products that contain traces of milk, eggs and animal parts
>>
>>7506391
Enjoy your beige meals :^)
>>
>>7506013
>My gf refuses to eat anything that had onions in it
dump her
>>
>>7506160
Yes but only red ones
So sweet and fresh
>>
>>7506013
Oddly enough I hated onions till I was about 21, 26 now and Ill eat them raw or cooked anywhich way. Just keep slightly adding them to things and if she likes the flavor tell her there was onion in it.
>>
>>7506160
Shrek please.
>>
>>7506013
I hate onions. I genuinely cannot enjoy them, the texture, the taste, that horrid crunch when you bite down on one, and of course the biggest issue; mother fucker put that shit in everything
>>
If you blitz them in the blender or chop them very finely then cook with them, I guarantee there is no way she will notice. Make a point of using them like this in every dish you cook for a couple of weeks then tell her. Hopefully she will see her error.
>>
File: 1458773305850.jpg (17 KB, 421x399) Image search: [Google]
1458773305850.jpg
17 KB, 421x399
They're great except for when you cut them
>>
>>7506112
This tbqh famalam
>>
File: tones.webm (807 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
tones.webm
807 KB, 300x300
>>7506160
Only absolute madmen condone the practice.
>>
I cook often for friends at events but they could not be pickier eaters. I have to hide half the shit i use to get them to fucking eat. Fucking manlets.
>>
>>7506013
I was like this growing up, learning to cook fixed it.

Still don't much like the things raw though.
>>
>>7506013
Fucking love onions. I could eat a red onion like I would an apple. Mildly sweat, sharp, and pungent—I love it.
>>
>>7507079
I just tried that again about half an hour ago after reading previous comments here. Not bad.
>>
>>7506203
How about you shut the fuck up?
>>
>>7506112

this sadly

I'd probably end up beating my wife if she didn't like onions, sue me :/
>>
>>7506336

This. It's like calling rice or bread a shit tier food. It grows reasonably fast and many countries rely on it.
>>
>>7506181

heh, good scene from a comfy movie
>>
Fuck you guys. Do you call people freaks for preferring to dice and brown garlic or to dilute it with other ingredients as opposed to eating a bunch raw in a dish? No, you have them add the ingredient *to taste*.

That ethos of cooking to taste carries the heavy connotation of needing to explore your palate to understand what you prefer in a dish. Some people prefer to consume an ingredient the way they think tastes good. If you don't like pan fried garlic cloves, you put them to the side. I don't see why you can't do the same with slices of onions.

So make a mirepoix for chicken stock and strain. Grate it or finely dice it and let it disintegrate into a stew. Let it be present, but not prominent in a salsa. Then feel superior for thinking you manipulated someone into liking onions, and come back tomorrow to beat off to someone else posting this exact same thread again just like every other day.
>>
>>7507031
the mad cunt
>>
>>7506013
Would not date someone who doesn't like onions.
>>
>>7506013

Just force her to eat the fucking onions. Tell her you'll leave her if she doesn't eat them, just fucking yell at her if she bitches about onions, force the onion down her throat if you have to, hit her if she tries to spit it out.
>>
>>7507781
>explore your palate
>put them to the side

hehe
>>
>>7507781
You shouldn't really fry garlic lest you want an awful bitter taste. You should lightly sweat the flavour into the fat then remove it before frying whatever else, or you should add it when your pan gets cooled by adding sauce or whatever.
>>
I hated onions for a long time. I'd attribute it to a bad encounter with White Castle sliders as a child. Shit was like 90% barely warm onion. At least start with dishes with minimal onion and work your way up. I recommend Philly Cheese Steaks.
>>
I didn't know how faggoty white people were about
onions until I started working at a restaurant.
>>
I don't like onions but I fucking love garlic.
>>
>>7506013
I started hated them after I was kidnapped by alliums
>>
Onion flavor is awesome, I just can't eat a raw onion. Shit is disgusting

Grilled/fried onions though, amazing on sandwiches
>>
>>7506013
im guessing you have never tasted how bad onions can be when cooked improperly or eaten raw in salads, its this sharp, acidic taste that makes you want to puke.
>>
>>7508207
Raw onions are good on burgers though. I guess not in salads as there would be no fat to cut through the acidity.
>>
>>7506348

Same here. Hate them raw, but like them cooked. Just has a more subtle flavour.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.