[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
butcher tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Okay i want to start going to butcher to get my meats, mostly just the really cheap cuts like tripe tongue and so on. What are some tips to get the good cheap stuff? Basically how do i talk to a butcher with out looking like an autistic pleb?
>>
?

say hi

ask what's on sale

ask what they recommend/ how they recommend cooking it

stop being autistic
>>
Never trust a butcher that lacks a waxed handlebar mustache.
>>
>>7505909
You're a fucking joke, kid.
>>
File: 1452492375685.png (6 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
1452492375685.png
6 KB, 284x177
>>7505909
okay thanks XD
>>7505912
you TRUST a hipster? no thanks
>>
>>7505898

>cheapest

Buy animal that you want the meat of. Breed it. Raise offspring. Kill them.

Srs. I have cows. I get one butchered bout every 12-16 months. Bout 1.80 per pound for enough beef for a family of 4 a year and a half.

I'd ask around or speak with butcher. I don't like tongue or organ meats other than liver. I give the head ( for tongue and barbacoa) and most sweet meats to a neighbor for free everytime I have a cow butchered. I also give the butcher 60# of meat and I get a sweet deal.
>>
>>7505932
thanks for the help but i dont own any land or property.
>>
>>7505947
Just go every week and buy something. Build relationship with butcher is the best way to try an get deals and the pieces you want.
>>
>>7505917
>XD
>le hipster hate

I don't want to be cliche, but...
>>>/reddit/
>>
Is the guy working the meat department at my local supermarket considered an actual "butcher" or do I need to actually go to a butcher shop?
>>
>>7506032
kill ur self feg
>>
Ask a butcher about a cut popular in another country but relatively unknown in yours.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.