[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you eat your ramen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: chopsticks.jpg (40 KB, 728x487) Image search: [Google]
chopsticks.jpg
40 KB, 728x487
Do you use a fork or chopsticks? I heard that you're supposed to use chopsticks and slurp them making noise to achieve the authentic experience and don't know if it's a meme, but I've never managed to get it right. What do?
>>
Get out.
GET THE FUCK OUT.
>>
>>7505539
>unironically using meme-sticks

No thanks
>>
>>7505556
why?

>>7505559
Disposable chopsticks are quite convenient
>>
You're supposed to slurp it because it's supposed to be served piping hot, and that way you don't burn yourself.

Eating ramen with a fork is pretty fucking cringy.
>>
>>7505572
>You're supposed to slurp it because it's supposed to be served piping hot, and that way you don't burn yourself.

Oh so it doesn't adds flavor? You end up sucking a lot of air tho, so it doesn't seems very efficient. Why don't you just wait for it to cool down as everybody else?

>Eating ramen with a fork is pretty fucking cringy.

No it's not. It took me a long time to learn to hold them and still the only thing I can pick with them is noodles. I still use a fork from time to time.
>>
You're supposed to slurp because it compliments the chef. Let's them know you think the food is dericious. If you don't slurp it's considered rude.

Japan.
>>
We have a lot of ramen houses near us, and we eat there frequently, because it's cheap, delicious, and a pretty perfect meal in a bowl.
That said, slurping is just part of the ramen eating experience. You can't help but slurp a little. You eat ramen with both chopsticks and a spoon, the chopsticks are for the solids, the spoon for scooping up the delicious broth.
No one really cares if you slurp or don't slurp, it's not a big deal.
That said, the weirdest thing about eating ramen for me is the japanese people who inevitably take pictures of us eating, because we're usually the only white people in place, and I guess they think it's strange. But, the employees always remember us, which I guess is a plus, lol.
>>
>>7505732
Are you retarded?
>>
>>7505539
Chopsticks in right hand, spoon in left.
>>
>>7505755
Not OP, but...
Can't do it, I'm left handed. Have to use chopsticks with my left hand. My right hand is fucking retarded.
>>
Fork of course, I'm not a fucking savage
>>
>>7505539
>How do you eat your ramen
very carefully
>>
>>7505572
>>7505613
My wife (normie REEE) always brings me a fork when we have ramen.

I've told her a 1000 times I would prefer a spoon. That way I can eat my noodles then a quick sip of broth.

So you guys who use chop sticks sip out of the bowl? Bring the food to your face, not your face to your food.
>>
>>7505757
iktf, can't almost hold a cup of water with my right hand because of retardedness
>>
>>7505775
Dude, it comes with a spoon. Even so, slurping out of a bowl is fun.
>>
>>7505792

>it comes with a spoon

What? Not mine.

What brand comes with a spoon? We're talking home made from the little plastic container grocery store ramen. I'm not a weeb.
>>
>>7505764
Kill yourself
>>
>>7505539
>eating meme noodles
>>
>>7505539
If this was bait it's breddy good. If it wasn't you need to do something. I don't know what that something is but you need to do something to unfuck yourself.
>>
I always use chopsticks (hashi, in Japanese) and I only regret the 3 minute wait for my ramen!

#onlynarutofans
>>
With my hands
>>
When I make instant ramen, I have to break the noodles up somehow. Either break the brick into quarters, or if using cup noodles, take a knife and swish it through the cooked noodles a couple times. Not to cut them in tiny pieces, but just to make them more manageable.

That way, I can use chopsticks without slopping noodles all over my chin. My skin breaks out really easily, so I prefer to avoid any slurping mishaps.
>>
>>7505749
Are you? He's correct (in Japan at least).
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.