[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I cook black beans? I made some today and they turned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: black-beans[1].jpg (21 KB, 700x468) Image search: [Google]
black-beans[1].jpg
21 KB, 700x468
How do I cook black beans? I made some today and they turned out brown and tasted like water
>>
Ham hocks.
Salt.
Spices.
Onion.
>>
>>7504336
This. Although I personally don't like ham hocks, but not the point.
>>
>>7504330

Don't soak
Boil water or stock
Add some animal-derived ingredient if not using stock (Ham hocks or so)
Add aromatics (Onion, garlic, herbs (bay leaf is popular), orange)
Add pepper and salt
Add beans
Boil until the right texture
>>
>>7504330
You dont need to put spice on anything. Just time and salt

-Clean the beans (rinse em w water)
-Pour said beans on to pot
-Fill pot w water
-Turn on the heat on low
-Add salt (be generous with it though)
-Keep watching the beans every 15 mins to check if they need water(water must be covering all of them. Its okay if the beans float, as long as water covers most of them) for the first hour
Beans take a lot of time to cook so be patient, as time passes they flavor the water with... I dont know, bean esscence?

After done, maybe 2 spoons of sour cream and side with bread ( i prefer flour tortillas)

Not complicated anon. Trust me, im a certified mexican
>>
>>7504371
>Turn on the heat on low
You're a certified idiot since cooking legumes on low doesn't denature the toxins but in fact makes them even more toxic
>>
>>7504330
Black beans
Two garlic cloves
One half onion
Cilantro
Chicken and vegetable stock
Tomatoes
One sliced and seeded jalapeƱo
One crock pot

Wash beans, place in crockpot, add the stock to where you have about 3 inches covering beans, add chopped onion garlic and peeled tomatoes, just a shake or two of Worcestershire sauce and some fresh ground black pepper. When all the beans are soft, allow to cool and add the cilantro. You can also dice some chicken up and add it to the mix when the beans are almost done.
>>
>>7504371
my nigger! Bean broth is the best, I've been tempted to make bean just for the broth before
>>
soak at least six hours, pressure cook in elevated pan with grains and stuff 10 minutes, natural release.
>>
>>7504466

black beans retard
>>
>>7504330

bay leaves also impart a nice flavor
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.