[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>buying anything less than a whole chicken do you just hate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: raw-whole-chicken.jpg (95 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
raw-whole-chicken.jpg
95 KB, 425x282
>buying anything less than a whole chicken

do you just hate money, anons?

i just butchered a pasture raised chicken which yields meat for breaded chicken breast for two tonight, bbq chicken quarters for two tomorrow, 4 4 pints of chicken stock, 2 chicken breast filets that i will freeze until i have enough for a nice dinner of beer battered chicken strips and about two cups of shredded cooked chicken which i extracted from the stock that i haven't decided what to do with yet

that's a lot of food from one fucking chicken

why would you pay someone to butcher a chicken for you and keep all the good bits?
>>
>>7503923
>buying a raw chicken when you can get a roast chicken for half the price
>>
>>7503928
i'm not obese
>>
>>7503923

Most people don't know how to butcher, or don't want to.

You're right, you can save money if you're willing to do the work.

Most people pay more for the convenience. Personally I get my chicken from a butcher shop because local grocery store chicken is shit. Plus I'm addicted to the beef jerky they sell.
>>
>>7503935
yeah i get mine from mennonites and other farmers that let them live on the grass and seem happy

supermarket chicken is fatty and disgusting
>>
>>7503934
>beer barrered chicken
>breaded chicken

>thinking roasting a chicken is somehow unhealthy

>not just tearing off the skin if you're that much of a pansy

op you're an idiot on so many levels
>>
>>7503923
Good thing you took the time to look your nose down on people on an anonymous image board.
>>
>>7503937
all i said was i'm not obese, i've seen the people who flock to the supermarket roast chickens

i baked the breaded chicken in yogurt, home made bread crumbs and corn meal

what's in your "healthy" chicken
>>
>>7503945
i'm bored, the weather is bad
>>
If you don't eat breast, it's cheaper to buy the pieces.
>>
Them chicken oysters.
Chefs bit.
>>
>not raising your own Quail
It's like you never had quail jerky
>>
File: 1400348315121.jpg (52 KB, 251x233) Image search: [Google]
1400348315121.jpg
52 KB, 251x233
>>7503945
>look your nose down
>>
>>7505162
no i'm pretty it's cheaper to buy the whole chicken and throw away the breast, retard
>>
>>7506375
I buy whole chickens too.

I still don't have a use for the giblets that come inside though, and always toss em'.
>>
>>7506398
make chicken giblet soup
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.