[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is not good BBQ
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 1458532237278s.jpg (4 KB, 250x140) Image search: [Google]
1458532237278s.jpg
4 KB, 250x140
Can we end this smoke the meat , then add sause at the table meme?

If the sause is not cooked in, it might as well be ketchup.

What food fads make you angry angry/ck/?
>>
not autistic so none of em really
>>
>>7503647
Shut up.
>>
>>7503647
You're retarded.
>>
>>7503691
>>7503703
SAMEFAG
>>
Nice pic faggot.
>>
File: MGTOW GOATMAN EXEC.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
MGTOW GOATMAN EXEC.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
>>7503666
>>7503691
>>7503703
>>7503728
soooo, no one wants to refute the claim that sause needs to be cooked into the meat?
>>
>>7503847
>sauce doesn't need to be cooked in the meat,

Mate it depends on the cut of meat and the style, some ribs have rub and sauce mopped on, some styles are dry with just rub, some purists wouldn't inject the meat some would some wrap in foil/Texas crutch some dont .
There's no right or wrong when trying to make some BBQ taste delicious. However if your aiming for a traditional flavor profile then traditions need to be adhered too.
The wood, and BBQ and fuel have a massive influence too
>>
>>7503847
I wot refute it because I agree that smoking is just a fad. there's a time and place for it, but not for literally everything BBQ. it's just people on here trying to justify why they purchased a smoker
>>
File: rudys-bbq-logo.png (35 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
rudys-bbq-logo.png
35 KB, 400x200
>>7503866
No
The uncooked sauce , with no fat and no camelization is just plain wrong.
That Rudy's place that is so popular in the west?
That Place sucks.
>>
I prefer to have it put on after

not everyone wants the same amount of sauce or even the same kind of sauce
>>
>>7503916
That could be said for all kinds of food.
>>
>>7503887
>>7503847

it doesn't need to be 'cooked into the meat', no. sauce doesn't even penetrate large pieces of meat like that, it would just inhibit smoke penetration and adherence to the surface. learn to cook.
>>
>>7504579
the proper way is to BBQ the meat with a rub then lower the heat and add sause for the final cooking.
the sause must thicken and absorb that final resting liquid that leaves the meat.
This was howbit was done until the 90s when BBQ places got lazy and pretend they were giving the customer more choice .
>>
You made this thread already you cuckold
>>
>>7504579
You're correct that it doesn't "penetrate into the meat", but there is a point to cooking the sauce: it carmelizes the sugars in the sauce. It's really no different than when a French chef glazes a roast in the oven: a sugar-containing sauce is applied and then set via the heat.
>>
>>7504840
i am full MGTOW anon, no cucking here
>>
>>7503847

Refute what? There are some styles of BBQ that don't use sauce, some that drench the meat in sauce from the that start and some that only finish with it. And yes, people eat dry smoked BBQ with sauce. Amazing.

>>7503877

What the fuck are you talking about? The majority of American barbecue is smoked. You don't necessarily need a smoker to smoke either.
>>
>>7503887
rudy's sucks for real
>>
>>7504835
>the proper way
If i could have a dollar for every time I've heard this
>>
>>7505160
>And yes, people eat dry smoked BBQ with sauce
This is the problem.
This is not how it was meant to be.
This is a recent development and it needs to stop.
>>
>>7506969
It isn't a recent development, people have been adding sauce to smoked bbq for decades.
>>
>>7504835
Everytime you say "sause" I cringe.
Keep saying it pls
>>
>>7506993
If by decades you mean since the 90s then yes.
>>
>>7506997
That is the proper spelling in canada
>>
>>7506969
You actually need to get your head checked if you're being elitist about putting sauce on barbecue.
>>
>>7507061
1890s perhaps. but this whole thread is a shitpost bait. so shrug.
>>
>>7503647

>posts beef ribs
>talks about sauce

sauce is only neccesary when used on pork ribs or topped on chopped/pulled pork
>>
>>7507720
that is because you do not understand about real BBQ.
This dipping crap is not it.
>>
>>7506997
never go to Vancouver
>>
File: 4634988936_c7bdd17d7e (1).jpg (177 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
4634988936_c7bdd17d7e (1).jpg
177 KB, 500x375
I have been going around and around with this one guys and I cant seem to find any way to work the word "cuck" into this conversation.
Anyone else having any luck?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.