[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you makes deviled eggs? I add a bit of Worcestershire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: deviled eggs.jpg (212 KB, 1280x600) Image search: [Google]
deviled eggs.jpg
212 KB, 1280x600
How do you makes deviled eggs? I add a bit of Worcestershire sauce to the filling, but I know some people do a little relish or Tabasco.
>>
>>7501426
Is this stuff tasty? And is it easy/quick to make? Looks like something that could be good for gains
>>
>>7501426
"deviled" eggs are called that because they are supposed to have something spicy in there, you should always have something spicy added.

I prefer adding very finely minced shallots and cornichons alongside horseradish or jalapenos depending on my mood. heavy on the paprika.

>>7501601
i could easily eat a half dozen eggs (12 halves) in one sitting. deviled eggs are the tits.
Very simple,
>medium boil egg
>peel
>cut in half
>remove yolk halves and put in bowl
>mix in mayo, dijon mustard (i always do something spicy) + any extras(hot sauce, relish, onion/shallot, horseradish)
>put yolk mixture back into egg halves
>sprinkle paprika
>>
File: 4803840324735.png (369 KB, 809x536) Image search: [Google]
4803840324735.png
369 KB, 809x536
>tfw I always called them "doubled eggs" until I graduated high school

It's a doggy dog world, isn't it?
>>
>>7501426
I feel like there are a million variations out there but I prefer mine with cayenne pepper and a spicier dijon. I've been meaning to make these but never had a good excuse to.
>>
Fine dice pickled or fresh jalapeño, Louisiana hot sauce, Tabasco if not, good mustard the spicy grainy one, sometimes mayo if I fuck up the consistency. Top with green onions or just spread that shit on toast and top with the sliced egg, if I'm lazy.
>>
>>7501645
Mistakes like this are a diamond dozen.
>>
Who the fuck even eats devilled eggs anymore. It's a mediocre app. Make something better.
>>
>>7501426
To the filling I add:

Grated carrot
Grated onion
Garlic
Salt
Pepper
Mayonnaise
A touch of dijon

I then top them with a sprinkle of paprika, and either a sprig of dill or a few capers.
>>
finely diced pickles
finely diced capers
chives
mayo, mustard
a few drops of maggi
a few frops of woostersheersauce
curry powder and paprika powder
salt & pepe
>>
>>7501629
I thought they were called Deviled Eggs as a kid because every single one I ever had was sprinkled with a bit of paprika, giving it that red hell colour.
>>
>hard cooked egg yolks (obviously)
>pinch of dry mustard
>minced dill
>minced scallions
>dab of horseradish
>pinch of turmeric
>splash of hot sauce (Louisiana)
>minced tarragon or chervil or parsley
>enough mayonnaise to bind
>salt and pepper to taste
>>
Split ten, de-shelled, boiled eggs and remove their yolks.
Blitz a 100g/3.5oz tin of tuna in oil with 2tbsp of mayonnaise, a splash of lemon juice or vinegar and the yolks.
>instead of vinegar/lemon juice, you can finely chop very old, very sour sauerkraut and stir that in, instead
Stir in fresh ground white or black pepper (as in most times when you're given the choice between white and black, white is better here) and/or pungent paprika and salt to taste. Also a handful of finely minced parsley and/or dill (dill is not traditional, but I like it).
Stuff the albumens with the yolk/mayo/tuna mixture and dust with sweet paprika or finely diced roasted paprika/pimento.
>>
>>7503356
lel forgot the mustard.
1tbsp strong prepared mustard, too.
>>
File: Deviled-Eggs.jpg (281 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
Deviled-Eggs.jpg
281 KB, 1600x1067
>>7501426

Don’t go mixing all kinda weird shit into your deviled eggs, (this applies to any food) unless you want to piss off your guests.

Nothing more annoying then taking a bite of something you’ve had a 100 times, only to discover that it tastes completely different then expected (i.e. like shit).

“Yum, deviled eggs!”
*takes a bite*
“BLAAARG!”
“How do you like my special deviled eggs recipe, anon? I added jalapeno, caterpillars and sauteed kraken testicles!”

Deviled eggs should consist of and ONLY consist of eggs, mayo and mustard with paprika sprinkled on top.

That is all.
>>
>>7503311
"The term "deviled", in reference to food, was in use in the 18th century, with the first known print reference appearing in 1786.[2] In the 19th century, it came to be used most often with spicy or zesty food, including eggs prepared with mustard, pepper or other ingredients stuffed in the yolk cavity."
>>
>>7503532
thats a fucking dumb attitude
>>
>>7503532

Get the fuck outta here, you can put tons of shit in a deviled egg that pairs well. Its fucking eggs and mayo they are hugely adaptive ingredients.
>>
>>7504935

IT's also inaccurate. Deviled eggs are supposed to be spicy. That's what the term means. Unless he's using some kind of special hot paprika there's no way that recipe even qualifies for the definition. There needs to be something hot/spicy in there like red pepper, mustard, etc.
>>
>>7501645
>It's a doggy dog world, isn't it?

Uh, that would be "dog eat dog" world
>>
>>7504995

newfag
>>
>>7504995
Sup reddit
>>
>>7505001
>>7505006
>>7504995
samefag
>>
File: deviled eggs.jpg (1016 KB, 1176x3272) Image search: [Google]
deviled eggs.jpg
1016 KB, 1176x3272
>>7504935

Your dumb.

>>7504963
> Deviled eggs are supposed to be spicy. That's what the term means.

People have been making deviled eggs since forever and during the time, they were called stuffed eggs and only acquired the name “deviled” in the U.S. in the 1800s.

Also; the mustard and paprika is the spice but if you’ve got to have all kinda unnecessary additional ingredients, then put those chopped pickles, jalapenos, kraken testicles, etc. in small serving bowls and let your guests decide for themselves if that want include that shit on their deviled eggs.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.