[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last nights experimental dinner: Beef Wellington w/ Sorghum Glazed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 2.jpg (323 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
323 KB, 1280x960
Last nights experimental dinner: Beef Wellington w/ Sorghum Glazed Carrots and Zesty Creamed Einkorn & Buckwheat
>>
Nigga the fuck is beef wellington?
>>
>>7500599
Why the small portions?
>>
>>7500613
New Zealand dish, comes from the town Wellington.
Pretty good actually
>>
>>7500625
1100 calories of food is only small portion to Amerifats
>>
>>7500599
...why?

"A new take on a classic!"

Yeah, beef wellington with slightly sugared carrots and creamed spinach seems pretty standard, but as a dinner club type of dish, not some deconstructed reinvented high end tasting menu fare.

But what the fuck do I know, I'm not the kind who would be willing to pay fifty bucks a plate for a chef to try and be creative.
>>
>>7500640
OP here; how is the deconstructed or reinvented

The only "experimental" things I did was use sorguhm instead of sugar or maple syrup and used Einkorn/Buckwheat instead of a rice....also that is cilantro; not spinach
>>
>>7500599
didn't you post this last night? Also, your wellington is falling apart
>>
>>7500599
the mushrooms in your duxelle look very chunky, use a food processor or chop them more and you'll get more of a pasty mush, but it will stick the pastry to the meat nicely and it wont look as ragged. Also maybe some sauce for the meat? But yeah look nice, I love beef wellington.

>>7500599
>deconstructed reinvented high end tasting menu fare
Did you look at the picture? It's not high end dego at all, it's very simple. Also it's not deconstructed, or reinvented, it's simply the dish as it always has been on a rectangle plate.
>>
File: shygddtiranpres.png (107 KB, 270x251) Image search: [Google]
shygddtiranpres.png
107 KB, 270x251
>>7500640

50$ is a lot to you?
>>
File: tips redditor.png (193 KB, 668x552) Image search: [Google]
tips redditor.png
193 KB, 668x552
>>7500632
>muh calories
>>
>>7500662
>didn't you post this last night? Also, your wellington is falling apart

I tried to, but it just spinned while uploading
>>
>>7500665
>the mushrooms in your duxelle look very chunky, use a food processor or chop them more and you'll get more of a pasty mush, but it will stick the pastry to the meat nicely and it wont look as ragged. Also maybe some sauce for the meat? But yeah look nice, I love beef wellington.

OP here, I actually hate wellington but my wife wanted it and the "new thing" is apparently to use big chunks for the mushies.

I actually made a pan sauce but burnt the fuck out of it because I was drunk
>>
>>7500665
the second part was ment for >>7500640
>>
>>7500645
Maybe we're having a misunderstanding. The plating seems a bit obnoxious for a standard dinner meal of steak, carrots and vegetables. Also, thought you were going for a creamed spinach substitute instead of a carb side.
>>
I could swear I was watching this exact thread and it 404'd earlier today.

It wasn't that interesting the first time, so there's no need to repost it.

Submit an entry to the /ck/ challenge if you're this starved for attention. Nobody gives a shit about baby carrots without even providing the steps.
>>
>>7500713
>The plating seems a bit obnoxious for a standard dinner meal of steak, carrots and vegetables.

How is it obnoxious? The only other option would be to pile them on top of each other which wouldn't make sense for a steak?

I'm genuinely confused but would love your input.
>>
>>7500727
I tried posting it yesterday and it kept spinning and never said it posted
>>
>>7500728
The plating seems almost like a tasting menu, where you need separate dishes and to go from one to the next. Usually for classic dinners or steakhouses, they're on large round plates with every dish included. I guess it gives the implication of separate dishes instead of a complete meal.
>>
>>7500732
Yeah, I get the tasting menu thing. I always thought that is what you are supposed to do with steak dishes though.....more than happy to admit being wrong.

Usually at steakhouses, they are on round plates but still seperated though right?
>>
>>7500748
They're placed in separate areas of the plate, but not separated like, say, a paper picnic plate.

By the way, never eaten creamed einkorn, buckwheat, cilantro thing. What is that, and where are you from?
>>
>>7500759
I'm a southern amerifat that cooks almost every night. I try to use and experiment w/ a new ingredient at least once a week, but usually more
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.