[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tips for tuna? Besides drowning it in mayo.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8
File: ddd.jpg (11 KB, 232x125) Image search: [Google]
ddd.jpg
11 KB, 232x125
Tips for tuna? Besides drowning it in mayo.
>>
File: 4L_iccK0j50.jpg (123 KB, 850x1278) Image search: [Google]
4L_iccK0j50.jpg
123 KB, 850x1278
>>7499748
Mix it into some mac n cheese
>>
use plain greel yogurt instead of mayo
>>
>>7499748
Red onion, diced tomato, maybe some olives, salt, pepper and drown in mayo
>>
>>7499752
you forgot to mention the frozen peas
macNcheese, tuna, and peas is tuna casserole
>>
>>7499772
No way shut the fuck up i mad
>>
>>7499779
but Y u mad tho?
>>
>>7499752
How poor are you
>>
>>7499748
Tuna croquettes: cheap, don't take that long to make, delicious.
>>
What's the equivalent if tuna for people who aren't poor?
>>
>>7499748
throw a couple cans into a pot with a can of cream of mushroom soup and frozen peas, cook, serve over toast.
>>
>>7499748
Throw it in the trash. I would've give a can of plain tuna to a homeless person much less eat it myself. Save up for a jar of store brand mayo you poor fuck.
>>
>>7500049
Swordfish.
>>
>>7500055
/fit/ here, i eat plain tuna to hit my protein.
>>
>>7499748
Stay with the rest of the school, hunt in packs. Herd your prey and strike. DO NOT go for the brightly colored bait fish with hooks sticking out of it. Don't hangout near Japan. Lastly, reproduce.
>>
>>7499748
Tuna, chopped tomatoes, minced onion, sliced olives, capers, olive oil, wine vinegar, minced fresh herbs, fresh ground pepper, lemon zest - and eat on toasted sliced baguette.
>>
>>7500050
On egg noodles is better.
>>
>>7499748
Tuna with mustard is bretty gud.
>>
>>7500116
Or my other favorite, kinda resembles what the fish stew my mother used to make.
Any kinds of finely diced vegetables you might like, 2 bouillon cubes, i.e. for 0.5L boiling water, a 200g can of tuna and 25-50mL of 32% fat cream (depending on how much kcal I want). It no momma's fish stew, but for the time invested it's pretty comfy food.
>>
My classic tuna salad recipe. Can also be made with eggs only, or substitute shredded chicken. I also make a version with diced ham which includes red onions and cheese.

1 can tuna in water
2 eggs, hard-boiled and shredded
2 stalks celery, diced
1 tbsp mayo
Salt and pepper to taste

Simply combine all, chill, and eat on bread or crackers. Great as an open-faced sandwich with lettuce and tomato, maybe with a slice of cheese broiled on top.
>>
>>7500158
I forgot to mention that I drain the water from the can of tuna.
>>
>>7499748
Tuna on crackers with sliced cheddar is great, Also tuna helper pasta is good too.
>>
>>7500049
I like the can style of tuna not even poor. There is canned salmon that's basically better tuna
>>
>>7499748
Throw it in the trash and buy some real food
>>
My mom always used to mix in corn, tomatoes, celery, avocado, mayo, onion maybe some cilantro and salt/pepper.
And i drowned it in habanero sauce.
You have to let it chill in the fridge though, tastes way fucking better after it has sat for a little while.
>>
>>7500062
hello fitizen, I think you'll find sardines are more tasty and just as protein packed as tuna
>>
don't drown it in mayo you fat lard.

Drown it in guacamole. Avocado = good for you + tasty
>>
Mix it with white rice, boiled eggs and mayo, drop a dash of lemon juice before serving and wa la!
>>
Mix 1tbsp of curry, tumeric and cumin each. Add 2 tbsp mayo and some fine chopped celery or apple. Eat it as a sandwhich or with crackers, but not saltines.
>>
>>7499772
Yes, but you need extra cheese for this. Like some shredded cheddar or some velvetta.
>>
File: fisherman's eggs.png (523 KB, 1092x612) Image search: [Google]
fisherman's eggs.png
523 KB, 1092x612
I find this acceptable
>>
>>7500408
Also /fit/ here, is this true? Plz be true, I haven't checked macros for sardines, but would they taste good mixed with mustard?
>>
Mix some mayonnaise, soy sauce, tuna, and bread crumbs together in a bowl. You want the consistency to be solid enough so that you can form shapes out of it. Roll them into balls and then slightly flatten them out. Sautè them in a pan coated with olive oil until golden brown.
10/10 best tuna cake things you'll ever have. It's also good with either Italian dressing or a raspberry sauce made from preserves.
>>
>>7500601
Quite a few brands actually pack some in mustard.
>>
Tuna
Curry powder
Sriracha
Little mayo
Onion

Put on toasted bread with some melted cheese you got a damn good curry tuna melt
>>
Toss with soy, sesame oil, toasted sesame seed, furikake and green onion. Serve with white rice.

Or form into knockoff crab cakes with an egg and some flour or breadcrumbs and season, pan fry.
>>
>>7500601
two sardines equal about 24g of protien, vs a tin of tuna which is 25g of protien, and sardines usually come four or five to a tin, and also come packed in a variety of different flavors, the most common ones being, packed in oil/mustard sauce/tomato sauce, and can be eaten straight from the tin with no doctoring or anything and still taste bomb
>>
File: IMG_0013.jpg (184 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0013.jpg
184 KB, 1600x1067
>>7500049
canned crab
>>
>>7499748
Tuna melts,
Mix Cilantro, onion, lemon juice, salt, pepper, oregano, few dashes of tobasco and mayo then throw onto some bread pop into the oven at 450 for 5-6 minutes add cheese another 3-4 minutes done ez
>>
>>7499748
Mix and stir-fry it with some saffron rice, broccoli flouters, onions, peppers carrots, etc. and some spices and lemon juice.
>>
>>7500535
When i make it the eggs always go crispy brown on the top like it's been cooked too long in oil. They never come out soft like the pic
>>
Cook pasta
Cut bell peppers (red ones work best)
Toss everything in a bowl, add some corn and the tuna
Add salt pepper

Add etiher olive oil or mayonaise, but not too much

>>WA LA
>>
My go-to tuna sandwich (apply in this order):
1 slice of bread
Mayonnaise (yes, I know you said no mayo but I don't care)
Tuna
Curry powder
Salt
Black pepper
Sliced red onion

You could top it off with another slice of bread but I'm a yuropoor so it's against my culture.
>>
Throw it in the trash and buy canned salmon instead.
>>
I just remembered that starkist tuna was supposed to mail me $25

what ever happened to that
>>
apples god tier
>>
Olive oil, crushed red pepper.

A good bulking recipe:
Barilla protein pasta
3 serving can of tuna
A couple garlic cloves
Olive oil
Crushed red pepper

Boil noodles, set aside and add tuna.
In another pan, or the same pot desu, heat up a decent amount of olive oil. Add in minced garlic cloves and crushed red pepper, cook til garlic is nice and brown, dump over pasta and tuna.
WA LA
>>
>>7501433
Nice fazolis, brother
>>
File: 1458215851009.jpg (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1458215851009.jpg
6 KB, 250x250
>>7501517
>>
>>7499754
Oooh im going to try that sounds good
>>
Capers. So good.
>>
>>7499748
Lemon pepper
>>
>>7501659
Capers, olive oil, 1/4 chopped red onion, the juice from half a lemon and salt and pepper to taste.

Simple and delicious.
>>
>>7500071
I like you
>>
I have an economy sized (huge) can of tuna from at least over one year ago.
If I open this thing and it isn't rancid, I'll be eating tuna at least one for days. Is the mercury going to kill me?
>>
>>7499748
red onion
dill pickle
mayonnaise
avocado
black pepper
lemon/lime
cilantro/coriander
paprika or a small very finely chopped chili (if you want some heat)

serve on rye with lettuce
>>
>>7500049
Canned salmon
This shit is delicious

As for tuna I just crack open a can, drain it (I always get the brine ones) put on plenty of black pepper and sometimes hot sauce then mix it and eat it out the can
>>
Oil, olives, pickled peppers, super fine onion, couple of anchovies, put on toasted loaf. You can add shredded carrots of cheese too.
>>
buy albacore

sautee it with veggies, season with stuff
>>
>>7502408

canned salmon is awesome, as long as it still has the bones.

and you can actually find it super cheap at aldi. like $1.99 per can, which has 7 servings.
>>
>>7499748
I boil it along with my rice when I make rice, boil it with my pasta when I make pasta. I eat alot of tuna, but rarely eat it in a sandwich. I find cooking takes away that rubbery texture canned tuna tends to have.
>>
File: 101.jpg (751 KB, 1000x664) Image search: [Google]
101.jpg
751 KB, 1000x664
I don't have any pictures to hand but my fav way to eat Tuna is my signature dish 'Overfishing is killing our peas! The Tuna Dip Surprise'

Ingredients

2 Tins of Tuna
1 bowl of frozen garden peas
30g of hard milk chocolate
10 Gummy Bears

Recipe

1. Take the Tuna and Peas and stir together on a high flame skillet until well combined
2. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a saucepan
3. Take a Waffle Iron
4. Pour the chocolate into the waffle iron so it forms around the squares in the waffle iron and put in the fridge to set
5. Once it sets pull the chocolate out, it will have formed a 'net' shape
6. Put the Tuna and Peas into a bowl on the floor
7. Put the gummy bears on a plate around the table
8. Use the chocolate net to 'fish' for the tuna from the beautiful briny peas by scooping it into your mouth

It is delicious- I like to pretend the gummy bears are fisherman.
>>
>>7502388
I've eaten multiple cans per day of Albacore tuna for the last 12+ years (just made a thread about it actually) and I have seen no ill effects. You'll be fine.
>>
>>7502836

probably because canned tuna contains enough selenium to offset the effects of mercury poisoning.
>>
>>7502844
That's good to hear actually. I'm guessing this wouldn't apply to non-canned tuna?
>>
>>7499748

No mayo.

Lots of pickle relish and chopped celery, a bit of black pepper.
>>
>>7502849

i'm pretty sure non-canned tuna contains selenium as well, actually.
>>
>>7500071
I got to try that
>>
>>7499748
Mix 2 cans tuna, 1c minced celery, 6 minced boiled eggs, and 1 (6oz) can minced black olives with 1/2 c mayo, and 2 tbs dill pickle relish or hot chow chow. Mix it all together. Salt pepper to taste
Stuff it inside a med/lg hollowed out tomato. It's delicious.
>>
Tuna casserole.

Tuna, mushroom soup, and whatever fucking pasta you like (macaroni is the usual, but other shapes like penne or shells work fine. Even leftover spaghetto is good)
>>
>>7499748
dont buy it and buy something less awful and overfished. catfish seems like an easy choice.
>>
>>7499748

Put it in a spicy tomato sauce. Gives awesome texture, and you can put it on anything you'd like, or eat it alone.
>>
Albacore in olive oil, dont drain, toss with finely chopped red onion, roma tomatos, cilatros, lime juice, salt and pepper

Eat with tortilla chops or on a tostada

Also delicious with guac
>>
Try adding diced onion and cucumber.
>>
>>7499752
Kawaii Turkroach!
>>
>>7499748
Cayenne, garlic powder, pepper.
>>
>>7500062
So you're fucking poor and probably unhealthy. Typical canned tuna consumer.
>>
>>7502726
I hate canned salmon, all those fucking bones are such a pain to get rid of... any tips on how to get them separated from the meat?
>>
In spain they make this really thin pie slice out of tuna, tomato, onions garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper (cook all that shit first) and pastry. Its great and lasts.
>>
>>7505063
>tomato, onions garlic
i hate all those things, holy shit just end my LIFE
>>
Tonno con fagioli
>>
>>7505234
are you fucking 14?
>>
Yo watch out, a bunch of tuna just got recalled in the US
>>
>>7506037
Reminder to eat Chicken of the Sea tuna instead of Starkist.

Starkist buys form the Chinese and the Chinese have atrocious fishing practices that destroy the ecosystem.
>>
Pasta with tuna is god tier.

Some tuna
Onions
Tomato
Salt and pepper

Fry onion until it's translucent. Ad tuna and cook a minute or two, ad tomato and let it cook for 10 mins or so. Salt and pepper to taste.

Pour it over pasta and let it take you to flavour town cheaply.
>>
>>7506543

>tuna
>cheap
>>
>>7499748
Green Olives (Goya variety) N Salt
>>
>>Canned Tuna
>>Egg
>>Breadcrumb
>>Onion/Garlic
>>Butter

Saute onion garlic mix, throw into bowl with tuna, egg, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper + your favorite spices. Form them into burger like patties, add butter to a skillet and brown them on both sides. Add chopped cilantro on top, with hot sauce and sour cream. Lemon/lime juice
>>
>>7500058
enjoy your mercury
>>
>>7506606
Canned, as in OP's pic, isn0t it cheap where you live?
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.