[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a delivery driver for Pizza Hut. Ask me anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6
File: technical.jpg (4 KB, 151x151) Image search: [Google]
technical.jpg
4 KB, 151x151
I'm a delivery driver for Pizza Hut.

Ask me anything.
>>
>>7496935
Do you mess with the food if they don't tip? What if I paid in card beforehand but told the place I'll tip in cash, so before you got there you think I didn't tip?
>>
I always carryout my own pizza. I think you and your job are useless.
>>
>>7496938
No, because by the time I get the money (cash or card) it would be too late to fuck with their food because they would be right with me. But if it's a regular stiffer, most I would do is shake up their pop.

Ultimately I don't mind credit card tips because they help with taxes. I got 8,000 or so bucks worth of credit card tips last year and that all went to taxes with a nice 700 dollar refund.
>>
>>7496947
I hope you get cancer before a family member's wedding.
>>
>>7496959
I hope you get ravaged by black cocks and bullets this weekend.
>>
Do you ever go into people's houses?
Do you smoke weed?
What kind of car do you drive?
Do you cook pizza and drive?
>>
>>7496970
Too late

>>7496980
>Do you ever go into people's houses?

No, it's policy to stay outside

>Do you smoke weed?

No

>What kind of car do you drive?

86 Century

>Do you cook pizza and drive?

Used to cook but now I just drive
>>
>>7496935
Have you ever been invited inside by a client with a sexual intent.
>>
>>7496988
No. I saw a girl come to the door at a hotel once wearing an open robe but nothing too revealing.
>>
>>7496988
Not him but I used to deliver pizza and accidentally picked up a prostitute one time.
>>
>>7496996
Accidentally?
>>
>>7496999
Yes. It was a nice looking neighbourhood and she was dressed normal and looked nice. She asked if I could give her a ride to target and it happened to be on the way to my next delivery. I didn't think it through and said yea, get in I'll drop you off. Next thing you know she asks if I have $20 and if I want my dick sucked while I drive.
>>
>>7497070
Damn son, that's nuts.
>>
>>7497070
And did you accept?
>>
>>7496935
I always order online, so the tip is included with my credit card purchase.

What's a typical (average) tip? For a, say, $30 order?
>>
>>7497070
yeah right anon lol you so full of shit
>>
>>7497082
Actually no. It surprised me so much it took me forever to make up my mind, it felt awkward. I almost said yes right away because she looked good and I was lonely. My mind raced and I decided she was an undercover cop and it was a trap. I told her no and made her get out of the car. Looking back she was probably just a drug addict and I missed out on cheap road head but it wasn't worth the risk.
>>
So tips are there to reward people in the service industry for good service, what are some of your personal techniques for knocking on the door and handing over the pizza?

Any tips for an aspiring pizza delivery person to offer the best possible door knocking service?
>>
>>7496947
If he gets paid, it's not useless, Anon...
>>
>>7497111
knock quietly and remember to slip them the tongue.
>>
>>7497111
Be a cute grill, don't be black.
>>
>>7497111
Clean your face, brush your teeth, smile, say hello (do NOT say how are you), and repeat their order. But really if they didn't come to the door with a tip, they probably won't so don't ask.
>>
>>7496935
When do those silly looking cars with the pizza warmer make their debut?
>>
How do you deal with you and your car smelling like rancid grease
>>
>>7497093
Anywhere between 3-5 bucks or thereabouts.

>>7497111
Use the doorbell.

>>7497130
That's Dominos.

>>7497144
I drive with the windows down.
>>
Man I delivered 'za for the Hut about 12 years ago. First job. Goddamn I got so stoned all the time. It was like another life.

I can remember doing prep work on the pizzas--we'd squirt three HUGE squirts of oil into a pan and then place the frozen disc of dough on top, then put them in the fridge to be ready to cook. jesus.
>>
>>7497327
>I can remember doing prep work on the pizzas--we'd squirt three HUGE squirts of oil into a pan and then place the frozen disc of dough on top, then put them in the fridge to be ready to cook. jesus.

We do that but it's just two squirts. It's alright I guess. It could be worse.
>>
File: gooseman.jpg (100 KB, 560x280) Image search: [Google]
gooseman.jpg
100 KB, 560x280
>>7496986
>but now I just drive
>>
If you worked in a country that wasn't the US would you still consider the job worthwhile (since no tips)?
>>
>>7496935
why aren't you a SAM yet?

are you PHI or a franchise?
>>
What's the shittiest complaint you got
As a former pizza hut manager I get hit by complaints all the time and the stupidest one I got was some guy's pizza was too 'greasy' to eat. He ordered like double pepperoni and meats.
>>
>>7497572
I thought other countries tipped, at least western europe.

>>7497625
The fuck?

>>7497637
I think the first month or so I started working, I accidentally dropped a lady's wings (since it was on top of the pizza bag and I was carelessly pulling the pizza itself out). I apologized and offered to get new ones from the store and she said not to worry about it. Then when I got back to the store, the manager chewed my ass out for dropping it. I don't mind the fact that I got chewed out for dropping the wings since I don't do it no more, but the stupid part was that she told me not to worry about it, and then underhandedly called the store to complain.
>>
>>7497643
>I thought other countries tipped, at least western europe.

You must be new here.
>>
>>7497646
When I went to Britain, tipping was customary, as well as Germany.
>>
>>7496935
With tips, do you earn enough to do this for a living? How long do you plan on delivering pizzas?
>>
>>7497126
>(do NOT say how are you)

Out of curiosity, why?
>>
>>7497656
Because people with poor social skills get uncomfortable and have panic attacks when asked to participate in friendly conversation with strangers.
>>
>>7497659
Even the most socially awkward person knows how to mumble "finethankshowareyou" while handing over cash and ignoring the lack of further response.
>>
>>7496935
Do you guys really use those weird ass bowls for wings as shown in the newer commercials?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7SJAR1LI-Y
>>
>>7497650
>With tips, do you earn enough to do this for a living

I make enough to pay my bills with my share of the rent. If you aren't supporting a family, it's the easiest thing you can do.

>How long do you plan on delivering pizzas?

Until I finish my animation degree, and even then the point is null since I'll just do animations about delivering pizzas.

>>7497667

Yes. It's more of a convenience thing for the people making the wings. This is how it works:

>get wings from fryer
>put wings into fancy looking bowl (we call them UFOs at work because we're all scifi loving losers)
>pour sauce (buffalo, bbq, etc.) in UFO
>close UFO lid and shake it around so you the wings get enough sauce

It's a lot better than the old way, where you just poured the wings into a bigass bowl after they're done frying, pour the sauce in the bowl, and shake the bowl itself around while risking the wings dropping out.
>>
Are you the guy that spams KTK in the AKB48 general on /jp/? He works at Pizza Hut too
>>
>>7497675
Those bowls totally make sense from a worker's standpoint, it was just odd seeing them on television. How are the new sauces/rubs? Bourbon bbq and rubs?
>>
>>7497688
No. The fuck is even KTK? Google just comes up a bunch of radio stuff. The only stuff I listen to while driving is new wave shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV5dbcOmw6I
>>
>>7497693
The bourbon one is spicy as fuck. I think it replaced the Honey Sriracha as being the hottest sauce there is. I tried the rubs but I'm not too fond of them. But I'm not saying that they're bad or nothing.

My favorite sauces are either the Bourbon BBQ or the mild buffalo one. Also Sweet Chilli back when we had it. Also my favorite pizza in case anyone asks:

>Pan dough
>garlic parmesan sauce
>banana peppers
>meatballs
>sausage
>either a pretzel or cheddar crust

with the crust dipped in blue cheese.
>>
why dont you work for dominos
>>
>>7497708
Because what the fuck does gambling have to do with pizza
>>
I drive for Marco's Pizza. How does it feel to have your dough come in frozen slabs and not made gloriously fresh in the kitchen every day? Also hot dogs as crust? Pizza hut is a joke.
>>
>>7497718
You never played dominoes?
>>
>>7497726
I only played Pai Gow.

>>7497720
feels good man.

>hot dogs as a crust

Stop being mad because you haven't thought of it first.
>>
>>7496938
Another driver for the same company; never. It's just not worth it, often I'll have 2-3 in the car and the shit tippers, if consistently stiffing (and an ass about it) will get their delivery last.

Credit card tips make my life easier, less cash to deal with at the end and less to worry about losing if some spic tries robbing me again.

>>7496980
Manager never said which way to go on that, and to just use our discretion- I avoid it as best as I can.

No, but I've been offered half a gram as a tip before. Never took them up on it because the first (and last) time I smoked, some asshole put something in it that made me trip the fuck out.

'98 Explorer 3-door.

And no, but I end up doing everything else in the store.

>>7497111
Don't be a jackass, and just don't blink at any of the weird shit you see inside behind that door. Believe me, you WILL see some weird shit. But other than that, I knock hard- not breaking the door down hard, but hard enough to be audible across the house since here like 90% of people either have no doorbell or it doesn't work. Other than that, don't drop the goddamn pizza.

>>7497126
You can tell from their tone when they answer the door or not if they're gonna tip or not. I've actually had people run inside yelling "WAIT WAIT I FORGOT YOUR TIP" and come back out with a couple dollars before.

>>7497701
imo the buffalo hot is hotter, the bourbon BBQ is just nasty as sin. Tastes like someone took a bottle of KC barbecue sauce and added a bottle of JD alongside enough cumin to season the world's food for a year.
>>
>>7497740
I remember the Sriracha staying with you longer than the Buffalo Hot. Bourbon BBQ's just a Flavor of the Now thing though, it'll come and be replaced with something else.

I forgot we had Teriyaki as a flavor too. Fucking thick but good.
>>
>>7496935
Do you guys really not get the delivery charge? What does the charge go to?
>>
>>7497740
Another pizza hut driver here
>It's just not worth it, often I'll have 2-3 in the car and the shit tippers, if consistently stiffing (and an ass about it) will get their delivery last.

I'm not doing anything that risks me having to run to the same place twice. Not to mention if they find out somehow you're in big shit. No one ever fucks with food at these places people, that is a myth. If anyone saw you do that you would be out of there in a second, and most people aren't shitbags that would do something like that. Maybe at like 3am at some shitty Taco Bell but I've never once seen anyone fuck with food

>like 90% of people either have no doorbell or it doesn't work

Only delivery drivers know this pain. Seriously like no doorbells work, I don't even try. And a bunch of people don't even know their address or don't give you their apartment number and all kinds of annoying shit

>You can tell from their tone when they answer the door or not if they're gonna tip or not

Yeah I am so in tune with body language now I might as well be psychic. The main giveaway is if they're black

>the bourbon BBQ is just nasty as sin

I think the taste is okay I guess, but its smell is obnoxiously strong
>>
>>7497756
It goes to the store to either cover insurance or help pay for the gas. I don't know what specifically but it doesn't go to us.
>>
File: technical.jpg (346 KB, 1000x1600) Image search: [Google]
technical.jpg
346 KB, 1000x1600
>>7497761
>like 90% of people either have no doorbell or it doesn't work

What I do is ring the doorbell and immediately knock. Then after a minute I ring/knock again. 30 seconds after that I start to call them. Seriously. It's very well thunk out.

>The main giveaway is if they're black

This.

1 out of every 30 black people tip good.
>>
>>7497763
>It goes to the store to either cover insurance or help pay for the gas. I don't know what specifically but it doesn't go to us

These are jew lies. I don't know where you are but I used to get about half the delivery charge and now we are down to a few cents out of the total based on mileage. They are pocketing most of that shit, don't let them give you their excuses. Whatever bottom dollar insurance they have and the small amount they give for gas doesn't cost $50 per 20 runs daily
>>
>>7497774
I get my gas money at the end of the night based on how many miles I drive. My model of car coupled with the gas being 1.99 here is enough for me not to think twice about how I'm gonna pay for my gas.

If they're pocketing that, so what. What I'm more concerned about is getting the message across that the delivery charge doesn't equal a tip.
>>
>>7497779
If we just got the delivery charge or like 75% of it we wouldn't be so reliant on tips. They make just about as much money as us for doing absolutely nothing while we put miles on our cars and take the risks of being out on the road. Its not some huge problem but they just get a bunch of money for absolutely nothing and it makes a lot of people think they don't need to tip because they already paid a charge. Pizza hut could make things a lot easier on the drivers but they would rather make a bunch of free money for themselves.
>>
>>7497783
But if people knew the delivery charge went to us, would that make them more hesitant to tip? I'd rather get varied amounts of a tip per delivery as opposed to 2.25 or thereabouts per delivery. Especially when, like one night, a nice Indian lady gives you 100 bucks for a 64 dollar order and tells you to keep the change.
>>
>>7497790
I'm sure we would still get tips either way unless pizza hut was pushing it as a marketing opportunity. If they didn't draw attention to it I think people would still tip as they would usually or maybe just a bit less, its part of culture.

>a nice Indian lady gives you 100 bucks for a 64 dollar order and tells you to keep the change.

And I don't know where the fuck you live but I need to move there. Maybe I just live in a shitty area but usually I would much rather have 2.50 per delivery with extra here and there than varied random amounts.
>>
>>7497795
I live in a tourist town in Florida. We get a mix of the following people I'm going to rate best - worst as far as tips go:

>Big parties
>The working class
>regulars
>the rich
>tourists
>the poor
>BLACKS
>college kids
>BLACK college kids
>>
OP here,

I'm off to sleep so all of yall have a wonderful evening, I hope I answered some questions and if anyone else has any, maybe one of the other pizza drivers can pick up.

It's been fun and I look forward to doing this again.
>>
>>7497802
I live in a shitty city in Indiana, here are my tips from best to worst also with percentages:

>employed white males 10%
>employed white females 15%
>employed black males <1%
>trailer trash whites 30%
>niggers 45%

The trailer trash and unemployed blacks also call and scam the store constantly and make us run them double orders of their food so they can feed their 10 kids in their shitty hotels they live in. And corporate won't let us stop delivering to them because they are frightened of statistics drops even if it fucks over all their employees.
>>
>>7497720
Marco's is pretty good, but you need to order extra sauce. They really skimp on that for some reason.
>>
>>7497646
'straya here. We don't tip many service workers, but we do tip pizza deliverers. You're a /ck/unt if you don't.
>>
>>7497821
Your comment makes no sense
>>
>>7496935
has there ever been an instance of a pizza delivery man/woman going to the house of a person who doesn't tip, break in, and murder them in their sleep? i only tip out of fear of this happening to me
>>
>>7497844
No we don't. Maybe immigrants do. Are you an immigrant?
>>
>>7496935
Do you ever clean your turban I can smell it from the doorway.
>>
File: M3p6OHq.jpg (26 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
M3p6OHq.jpg
26 KB, 600x450
>>7497790

If the delivery fees went toward the tip I would never tip again. That would be amazing.
>>
>>7496935
How did your life go so wrong?
>>
>>7497790
If the delivery charge goes to cover your gas, why should anyone tip at all?
>>
>>7497649
>Britain
>tipping the delivery guy
Not at all, for any of the pizza chains or local places.
>>
>>7496951
Aren't they just taxing you on those tips though? You probably ended up with less than what you actually would have made if the tips were unclaimed.
>>
>>7497104
>an undercover cop and it was a trap
She wasn't. Cops establish that there will be sex acts in exchange for money before entering the vehicle and NEVER enter the vehicle. As soon as the solicitation is established you get rushed by the unmarked cars waiting nearby.
>>
File: 1433867816499.jpg (118 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1433867816499.jpg
118 KB, 396x385
I delivered pizzas part time for years.

It was always my experience that poor and lower middle class whites tip the best. Niggers do not tip. It's beyond a stereotype, it has to be close to 99% of nogs that do not tip period or will just give you the coin change. That being said, rich fags are all jews too

>deliver pizza to some white guy in million dollar mansion
>order was like $19 or something
>gives me a $20
>take and notice that it's new and there are two more 20s stuck to it
>tell him and give back two extra $20s
>fag doesn't even say thanks then asks for his 30 cents change back and doesn't give me a tip
>>
>>7496935
Sorry, I always carry out pizza. I also never order from pizza hut, the local italian restaurant does a much better job.
>>
>>7496938

absolutely. if i have to use my money to deliver you food then i spit all over your food, get your food cold, etc.
>>
>>7498516
Thats how the rich stay rich nigga
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.