[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are slow cookers a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 71HhHE-0k3L.SL1500._CB325098653_.jpg (251 KB, 1500x1160) Image search: [Google]
71HhHE-0k3L.SL1500._CB325098653_.jpg
251 KB, 1500x1160
Are slow cookers a meme?
>>
>>7496132
OP, I think you should kill yourself for making this thread.
>>
its one of those worse meme utensils used by the most pretentious of faggots.

>xD its good for simmering food xDDD
literally the reddit of cooking utensils. explain how that isn't reddit as fuck?
>>
>>7496154
I'm inclined to agree that it's a meme utensil

It's completely replaceable by a pan with a lid
>>
salsa chicken
>>
>>7496132
Do you have an oven or stove top that can hold a temperature? If so, you don't need a crock pot.
>>
>>7496132
No, but calling things a meme is a meme.
>>
>>7496228
Crockpots use less electricity than an electric stove or oven and can be easily transported to a different location for pot lucks and similar gatherings, unlike your household stove.
>>
>>7496254
>Crockpots use less electricity than an electric stove

That's largely moot since both contain a thermostat and turn the heat on and off as needed to maintain the temperature you set. Sometimes the oven actually uses less energy overall since it is much better insulated than the average crock pot. (I did a science fair project on this years ago back in grade school).

>>easily transported
For dishes that simply require cooking that's no big deal since you can just as easily transport a normal pot with a lid on it as you can a crock pot. However the crock pot is great when you want to keep things warm for an extended period of time.
>>
>>7496136
/thread
>>
Why the fuck are people against new cooking devices? Recently got a up scale rice cooker(doubles as a slow cooker) and that thing runs circle around my Stove. Easy to use, portable and smarter than most other electronic devices in my house. Fuck all of you for trying to seem pro by not using it. The fact that you can't identify what is useful about it makes you useless. Fuck off man-child wannabe faggots.
>>
>>7496478
lmao why you so mad tho
>>
>>7496478
>he fell for the rice cooker meme

Just put it in a pan with boiling water. It's so simple
>>
>>7496496

Very simple, I agree. But if I'm cooking a big meal I'd rather use the rice cooker since it frees up a much-needed hob on the stove, and it also can do it's thing with zero attention from me. It turns off automatically while I'm busy reducing the pan sauce for the fish I just fried and keeping an eye on the veggies in the steamer to make sure they don't overcook.
>>
>>7496136
Suicide is a meme. Not joking though
>>
I actually stopped using mine after I discovered I could just put shit in a dutch oven and leave it in the oven at 200F and accomplish the same thing.
>>
>>7496261

What if I have a propane stove and want to use electricity so I preserve propane for household heating... Faggot.

Also you can leave a slow cooker unattended without it being a potential fire hazard.

How poor are you fucks you need to justify not owning something.
>>
>>7496530
>buttblasted because he spent all his wages on a meme slow cooker

How poor are you if you use a propane stove?
>>
>>7496539

Ummm OK junior.

Different regions of the country use different ways to heat their houses and stoves. Where I live it is considered the norm. It has nothing to do with being rich or poor.

Out in the country you want a system that is more closed so if you lose electric in winter you don't freeze to death.

Carry on being 15.
>>
>>7496530
>How poor are you fucks you need to justify not owning something.
not him, but there are other reasons for not owning something than being too poor to own it. I don't own a slowcooker because it's unnecessary clutter in my kitchen.
>>
>all these redditors who fell for the slow cooker meme

LMAO BTFO
>>
>>7496132
I use mine like 3-4 days a week. I'd say it's a meme if you don't use it more than twice a month 2bh

I have a pretty physical job and when I get home I am usually too tired to cook and just want to shitpost and watch some tv. If I prep a slow cooker meal before work and turn it on right before I go to work then I have a hot meal ready as soon as I get home

I suppose I could put the stuff in a dutch oven and cook it at 200 in the oven but I don't like being out when the gas is on, habit from my mother
>>
Everything is memes if you hang out here to long.
>>
>>7496597
>My negro

I do what you do. I prep a lot on sunday. Put meals together that I can throw in the freezer. Night before take whatever meal out to thaw, morning throw all that thawed out meat/veggies in the slow cooker, come home to a good done meal.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.