[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Indian Recipes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 6
File: MSHWg.jpg (47 KB, 543x540) Image search: [Google]
MSHWg.jpg
47 KB, 543x540
I'm trying to impress an Indian qt with my cooking skills, any recipes you can recommend?
>>
Beef Wellington
>>
Put on some hallal approved music and wear a turban and take a shit in the cat box and wipe with your hand.

Shell be in bed in no time.

But really, just ask her what her favorite food is and then make it. Or something similar and offer it to her.
>>
Don't. Indian women are bred to be in the kitchen cooking for men. She will see you as a weak man and won't want to pursue you.
>>
>be foreign/ethnic living in america
>"oh, you're from X-place? i make a great Y-dish from there! you should come over for dinner."
>go over for dinner
>it's shit
Every time.
I'd rather someone cook me some whitewashed American food or soul food than attempt things they know nothing about as a first go and I bet she feels the same way.
Introduce her to something from your background and ask that she introduces you to something from hers next time and if she's not Muslim, I guarantee you'll get anal out of it. And a2m.
>>
>>7495243
hmm I never thought about it like that. Then she can give me all her good recipes.
>>
>>7495247
>complaining when people are making an effort cooking for you.

you should seriously go back if you're gonna have that attitude.
>>
Poo poo platter
>>
>>7495247
>American food or soul food
>implying they aren't the same thing
>>
>>7495324
Are you upset because you tried to cook pho for a Viet chick using Kitchen Basics™ beef stock and the wrong spices while she graciously tried to conceal her disgust for it and (by extension) you or something? Nobody likes people like you, white boy, least of all the ethnics. Just stick to your back-of-the-box recipes from Kraft™ and Betty Crocker™.
>>
Indians are nasty. Grey nipples and pussies. Bleghh
>>
>>7495342
Whitewashed American food, Anon. There's a lot more to American cooking than soulfood.

>>7495324
I don't complain. I appreciate the effort and try to show as much gratitude as possible. It's not even false gratitude. I really do appreciate the fact that they tried. All the same, that still doesn't make their failed attempt to cook a dish outside of their understanding suddenly taste good, though.
>>
>>7495346
>ethnics

u mad?

all girls love "white boys" btw.

the point is that when someone makes an effort for you you don't whine like a little bitch.
>>
>>7495350
okay I see your point.
>>
>>7495350
Not really. Everything else is just either European cuisine brought over by immigrants and toned down for the American palate, or Mexican food with an unhealthy amount of cheese rebranded as Tex-Mex.
>>
>>7495238
>hallal approved music and wear a turban
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTIIMJ9tUc8
>>
>>7495355
Or foreigners like me inventing things in America combining knowledge of our native cuisines with trends and ingredients available to us in the US.

For example, despite the Italian-sounding name, tetrazzini is an American dish and despite being named after the national dish of Hungary, American goulash is purely Midwestern. And I was introduced to chicken divan by an American who wanted to cook something for me I wasn't likely to have ever tried before, due to the dish being unfashionable nowadays and generally not available outside of home-cooking.
There are sure to be several other forgotten American dishes just waiting to be rediscovered.
And just because they're casseroles doesn't mean their not cuisine.
>>
don't fucking cook indian food

if you have to ask, you're probably shit at it, so the food will be shit on top of the fact you're being patronizing as hell

just cook your best dish
>>
>>7495409
This. No matter where the girl is from, I doubt you'll be able to recreate her cultural dishes the way her grandma used to make it. Just stick to what you know and take it from there.
>>
>>7495405
>their not cuisine
Err... they're not, rather.
>>
>>7495405
>american goulash
literally flyover bolognese
>tetrazzini
alfredo pasta bake
>divan
chicken soup casserole

sub Britain-tier dishes t b h
>>
>>7495430
yeah OP, in other words, just make some grilled cheese or a PB&J
>>
>>7495535
Though wrong, especially on the point of divan, none of that contradicts the other post anyway, so what was your point in posting this?
>>
>>7495214
>I'm trying to impress an Indian qt
dont make the food any ethnicity that the girl is to impress the girl
they grow up eating that shit their whole lives barring the amerilard woman grows up eating donuts and doritos
>>
>>7495214
Cook something you're actually good at cooking, do not try to cook Indian food if you aren't actually good at doing it authentically. She's almost certainly had much better. Not saying that she wouldn't appreciate the effort but if you're aiming to impress on any grounds other than willingness to learn about Indian culture you'd be better off going with a cuisine you know well.
>>
>>7495549
The first two aren't American dishes; they're CliffsNotes versions of classic European meals. The third one is a chicken soup casserole.
Attempting to hold these up as examples of American cuisine makes you look like a spastic.
Soul food is America's only contribution to the culinary landscape.
>>
Indian women are nasty. One time I knew a really hot one and I ended up in my car kissing up on her and she had my whole car smelling like a rotten wet onion garden. I didn't even try to finger her after that. Also many of them are degenerate.
>>
Just make whatever you are best at making. And be confident about it. Oooohhhhh yeah.
>>
>>7495881
How are they degenerates? Curious really as I married one.
>>
>>7495247
>ask that she introduces you to something from hers
>I guarantee you'll get anal out of it. And a2m.

>Curry before anal
>A good idea

Pick one
>>
File: 1458491580667.jpg (36 KB, 480x359) Image search: [Google]
1458491580667.jpg
36 KB, 480x359
>>7495881
>degenerate
>>>/pol/
>>
>>7495888
This. Even if it's not great, act like it's the best fucking thing in the world. Cooking doesn't get you laid, confidence does. And, if you really present a shitty dish as amazing, her womanly reflexes might kick in and she'll feel obliged to cook decent food for you.

If you're planning on having sex, keep the food light, though. Seafood is easy, has a luxury vibe, and gets digested pretty fast, for example.
>>
>>7495891
Not all of them are. Many of them who have traditional immigrant parents will rebel against them and turn into huge degenerate party sluts.
>>
If you cook indian food for her, it may seem to her that you are trying too hard to please here.

That will put pressure on her and make her uncomfortable. In addition, men trying to please women appear beta in the eyes of women.

What I recommend? Don't try to please her.
>>
>>7495214
Cook something that you like and you are good at. If you try to do Indian it will be fail.
>>
that seems racist
>>
>>7495906
>not using bangalore butt blasts as lube
Amateur.

>>7495863
Except American goulash has literally nothing in common with its Hungarian namesake which is why it also goes by other names, such as 'American chop suey' and 'beefy mac.'
Hungarian goulash is a soup. American goulash is a casserole. Hungarian goulash is made with chunks of bone-in beef. American goulash is made from mince. Hungarian goulash is made with paprika and spices. American goulash has no spices in it at all. They're entirely dissimilar.

As for tetrazzini, see >>7495405
>Or foreigners like me inventing things in America combining knowledge of our native cuisines with trends and ingredients available to us in the US.
It's no different than Chinese cooks in the nations of the Malay archipelago creating char kway teow by combining knowledge of their native Chinese cuisine with the trends and ingredients available to them in the archipelago.
>>
>>7495214
indian qt's are crazy in bed; just get to that fuggin.
>>
>>7495942
American goulash is the CliffNotes version of Italian bolognese. Do try to keep up.
>>
I've never understood why you'd try to cook the other person's culture's food for them. At best, you'll serve something they're completely used to and they think is unremarkable. At worst you fuck it up completely and insult them. Cook something from your own culture and introduce them to something that's new and exotic TO THEM.
>>
>>7496061
Agreed 100%.
>>
>>7496050
Oh. Good for you. You made one point out of the three you tried for. That's still less than a 34% score and a failing grade.
Also, just because they share ingredients doesn't mean one is analogous with or even descended from the other as the techniques are different as well as the composition of the ingredients themselves (diced, stewed tomatoes in goulash, purée or paste in bolognese, for one example).
It's like saying that because both pasta and bread are made primarily from flour and water, the two are somehow interchangeable. It's just wrong.
>>
>>7495243
Some of them have major daddy issues and like to pretend to be "liberated" though

Particularly the ones who would consider sex with a white
>>
>>7495891
Generally speaking you can disregard the opinion of anyone who uses the word "degenerate" unironically.
>>
>>7496120
>tomato purée or paste in bolognese
Thank you for confirming your ignorance. Out of interest, were you aware that bolognese sauce doesn't have to come out of a jar with Dolmio written on it?
>>
>>7495346
nice serving of ember man.burn. :)
>>
I'd agree that unless you're a master at it don't attempt Indian to impress a chick you haven't fucked yet. Seems desperate. Once sex is out of the way it's a much more meaningful gesture. And when you do make a dish that YOU love. So, what's your favorite Indian dish?
>>
>>7496309
That's nice, but you're still 0 for 3 with those points you tried making. Don't lash out angrily just because you lost an argument, Anon. It's quite an ugly look.
>>
>>7495909
Well, that escalated quickly
>>
>>7495238
>Indian
>halal
>>
>>7496469

>i know so little about india that i don't even realise i know little about india
>>
>>7496475
Not him, but only like 10ish% are Muslim, right? I've met dozens of Indians but only two were Muslim, though neither of which were actively practising. They just didn't eat pork.

Albania is more Muslim (75%), yet for some reason, idiots think Albos are Catholic. Know why? Skin colour. They look white, so they /must/ be Christians! Similarly, Indians are brown, so they /must/ be Muslims!
>>
>>7496475
>82% Buddhist
>N-no anon, they're all halal mudslims, no /pol/!

I'll say it again

>Indian
>halal
>>
>>7496504
>buddhist
You mean Hindu.
>>
>>7496506
I do.

For some reason I started thinking about Thailand, possibly because people seem particularly keen to confuse it with Malaysia.
>>
>>7496510
>Thailand
Buddhist.
>Malaysia
Muslim.
>>
>>7496517
Yes, well done, you got the point I made.
>>
>>7496527
I want a cookie.
>>
File: condescend7eb.jpg (38 KB, 444x500) Image search: [Google]
condescend7eb.jpg
38 KB, 444x500
>>7496435
Your attempt to patronise would be much more likely to succeed if you hadn't repeatedly demonstrated your ignorance throughout this thread.
Now scurry off back to middle America where tipping a tin of chicken soup over some chicken and baking it is considered the height of culinary creativity and leave the adults alone.
>>
>>7495350
wait, there's american cooking?
i always thought it was "bbq" aka burning meats on a grill or just processed "food" like mac'n'cheese
>>
>>7496577
>gets destroyed
>tries to deflect and derail
Typical.
>>
>>7495214
Indian food is pretty complicated spice-wise. If you don't have access to hella fresh spices i wouldn't bother.
Maybe I'm just spoiled because i new a kid who's family ran an indian place. They imported all their shit fresh, killed their own chickens etc.. it was delicious
>>
>>7496594
>I have peculiarly unique definitions for the words "destroyed", "deflect" and "derail", much like my fellow flyover brethren do for "goulash": the post
>>
>>7496692
:^)
>>
>>7495214
Cow urine
>>
check Vah Chef on youtube

i ain't indian so i can't speak to the authenticity or quality or whatever, but the man probably has a video on any dish you could want. it all seems relatively straightforwards
>>
>>7495324
Don't serve people garbage and then expect them to appreciate it. You could take a dump on my lawn for free but I still have a right to get pissed at you because I don't want goddamn shit on my lawn.
>>
>>7495214
Don't cook her Indian food, unless you're trained in a region of Indian food that she doesn't regularly eat. She'll know what's good and what isn't.

Indian and Italian fusion food is becoming more popular, if you can make anything like this she might appreciate it.

Otherwise just cook whatever you're good at making.
>>
Some chicken tikka masala with a poo flavored brown sauce

Make sure you wear a sari and draw a large red dot on your head and talk with a thick Kashmir accent
>>
>>7497588
>hating free fertilizer this much
>>
>>7497612
Why should the plants in my yard get to be happy and healthy when I don't?
>>
>>7496577
>tipping a tin of chicken soup over some chicken and baking it is considered the height of culinary creativity

You forgot the bag of preshredded cheese you philistine.
>>
>>7498220
I thought you were supposed to put a layer of Kraft plastic cheeselike product slices on top like a grotesque parody of a lasagna sheet.
>>
>>7495214
Shit on her front doorstep
>>
>>7498312
Nah. When you're talking the whole "recombinant cuisine" thing with casseroles using cans of condensed soup (generally Campbell's Cream of X) as a sauce base it would be bagged shredded cheese. This is an actual type of cooking. You also often have a topping of bread crumbs, or some other thing that will bake up crunchy on top to give a contrasting texture.
>>
>>7495214
Show her that your own an indoor toilet, that will really impress her.
>>
>>7499150
Nothing to do with cooking skills you meme loving faggot.
Go back to /v/.
>>
>>7495214
what species are you? cook food from you're own species, guy
>>
It's funny how many people assume OP intends to make Indian food. He just asked for recipes to impress. They can come from anywhere in the world.
>>
>>7499262
Yeah it is really funny how people can fail to read the subject you self satisfied prick.
>>
>>7499634
>trying to represent self satisfaction as a negative trait
Why do people need to romanticize anxiety?
>>
>>7499645
It is negative. It shows lack of empathy. And the condition of not being self satisfied is not anxiety.
>>
>>7499710
>It shows lack of empathy
You're spiraling out of control, anon. Time to hit those emergency brakes.
>>
File: 1454872172417.jpg (21 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1454872172417.jpg
21 KB, 600x600
lots of nice recipes itt desu senpaitachi!
>>
>>7495233
>Extremely underrated post
>>
>>7495350
What is your ethnic background anon?
>>
>>7495214
Baigan Bharta or Navratan Korma. Easy and delicious.
>>
>>7495352

>all girls love 'white boys' btw

t. virgin
>>
>>7495214
just poo in loo that will blow her mind.
>>
File: 1458699396653.gif (865 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
1458699396653.gif
865 KB, 500x277
>>7496517
>asian muslims
>>
>>7495214
Cooking indian food for an indian qt..? Lol fgt

Her bibi gee cooks indian food all day every day and it's all she eats at home, you will not cook better than bibi gee and the qt doesn't want indo food.

As an edumacated fellows I suggest you cook something light, consider prawns or 'Hakka chinese' Indians love that shit
>>
>>7497596
>Don't cook her Indian food, unless you're trained in a region of Indian food that she doesn't regularly eat. She'll know what's good and what isn't.

Pretty much this.

OP, whatever you do, if you *do* manage to make a good impression, and if she's into cooking, your obligation here is to learn from her. And then teach us, senpai.

I can make edible things with Indian spices but I still have no idea what the fuck I'm doing. Euro, I can eat something and decide whether I want moar garlic or oregano. Indian, I'm like "Fuck, I dunno, it's okay, but it still doesn't hold a candle to the stuff I had in that restaurant last week..."
>>
>>7495247

Came here to say this. I've never been unlucky enough for anyone to try, since white people barely know how to eat Ethiopian food, much less cook it. But if a person who'd never been to Ethiopia/had no history growing up eating the food, tried to make it for me, I'd probably gag, just because the typical american style of ingredient substitution doesn't work the same way, and I'd doubt they actually took the time to go to a market to get the proper spices.

I'd literally rather a date order takeout, or make me a frozen pizza. It's not about the 'thoughtfulness' of cooking something for your date, it's about being thoughtful enough to feed them something you know they'll like. How do you know she even likes the particular dish that you'll cook for her? Just because it's 'from her country' doesn't mean she can't have preferences.
>>
>>7495567

As an 'ethnic' person, I can tell you there's a fine line between a person's genuine appreciation for the culture, and delving into cringeworthy weeb-type behavior (making a person's entire identity rest on your limited perception of their culture). What op suggested seems more like the latter.
>>
>>7495233
And the dubs
Great post
>>
Anything other than indian food, I reckon.
>>
File: file.png (555 KB, 576x396) Image search: [Google]
file.png
555 KB, 576x396
TAKE
>>
>>7504029
Man do I love injera with suki wot tebbs, or however you spell it.
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
>>7495233
This post deserves my (you)
>>
>>7504383
SHITTING
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.