[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So these memes just arrived in the mail. Who else uses them?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (825 KB, 2426x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
825 KB, 2426x1936
So these memes just arrived in the mail.
Who else uses them? Tips and experiences?

Also, yet another coffee thread...
>>
>>7492865
>using aluminum

Enjoy your alzheimers just to meme on an anime image board
>>
>>7492865
i like french presses because you can use slightly cooler water than you would in a pourover and just use more beans and let it steep longer for better flavor. it takes a minute to figure out and you have to readjust for each new coffee you get too. also if it is very important for you not to have sludgy coffee let the coffee settle in another container after brewing so the particles settle to the bottom, then pour.
never used a moka pot
>>
>>7492888
>complaining about memes
>posting the aluminium / mercury meme

I'd probably have to drink a thousand liters of coffee from this pot a day...
>>
>>7492865
The moka pot makes a strong overcooked espresso like coffee that goes well with milk, less well on its own if you drink it like espresso.
>>
>drinking memeffee in the first place

might as well throw some bacon and sriracha in the pot
>>
>>7492916
How do you make your coffee?
I have a regular filter machine as well, I just wanted to try something new. And they cost under 50€ so it's really the only alternative to buying a 1000€ machine...
>>
>>7492893
you can also settle the particles in the press, just don't pour it immediately
>>
I use both. I prefer the moka pot overall but I use the push press more often simply because it is easier and makes a larger quantity of coffee. French press is pretty hard to fuck up, but with the moka pot I do suggest pre-boiling your water before putting it into your moka pot. Also filtered water does make a difference with the moka pot, not so much with the french press.
>>
I'm new to coffee, I recently bought a pot looking identical to the OP but not a bialetti.

I use coarse ground espresso beans (nothing fancy). The result tastes good but it's pretty much just regular coffe, not Espresso at all.
Am I doing something wrong? I don't think I use too much water or too little beans, the instructions are pretty clear.

I should mention that unlike coffee I only ever used to drink Espresso at cafes before...
>>
Cheap as chips and better coffee than OP's memes.
>>
>>7493358
Espresso needs to be fine so just try finer beans
>>
>>7493757
Really? But the instructions specifically stated to use a coarse grind. Or does that only apply to coffee?
>>
>>7494008
>>7493358
It does need to be coarse. And a stovetop pot is incapable of making espresso, or anything resembling espresso. You won't make half decent espresso cheap.

If you're in a major city and very lucky at finding used equipment a budget espresso setup is around $400 machine and grinder. $600ish if you're lucky with ebay. If you don't buy used, much much more.

You can get away with less if you're making milk drinks, but not for straight shots.
>>
>>7493358
espresso comes from an espresso machine. beans dont matter.

i'm so surprised how many people don't know this
>>
>>7492865
>Who else uses them? Tips and experiences?
The stovetop mokapot is great for espresso moods, or to add to hot milk. Cuban espresso is cheap! Get your daily colada fix now.

I have a plastic sleeved french press. I heat the whole thing in the microwave, then stir in my coffee grounds. It's okay...you need to have the right grind, or you get a lot of dissolved particulate that makes the last cup or two kind of like greek coffee. So without a grinder, you should be buying it somewhere they grind it to the right size (slightly coarser than for drip)
>>
You guys will wear out your fedoras if you keep on tipping them constantly.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 640x720
>>7494053
>>7494076
So my meme machines will only make coffee, no espresso?
That's a bit dissapointing. Well I guess I'll just have espresso when I'm out as usual then...
>>
>>7494124
That's correct. The moka can make something close enough to a latte where milk is the focus with coffee in the background, but the coffee it produces is more akin to strong brewed coffee than espresso.

If you get an espresso almost every day from a shop it's really easy to justify dropping (what most people would call) a lot on a home setup though. I can help out at any budget past a certain threshold.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.