[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many calories does there tend to be in a pound of buffalo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: buffalo-wings.jpg (161 KB, 655x480) Image search: [Google]
buffalo-wings.jpg
161 KB, 655x480
How many calories does there tend to be in a pound of buffalo wings? I've been counting my calories to lose weight recently, and I've had a craving for these.
>>
you can ask google things like that
>>
>>7490472

Too many factors

How much oil stuck to meat
Amount of breading
Amount of sauce

Just eat thenlm
>>
I would roast the wings in the oven and then make your own sauce without a lot of added sugar or fat. They'll never be the leanest/healthiest thing to eat but they'll be better than deep-fried restaurant wings.
>>
>>7490478
this

just have an off day, and go hard on the diet for the next day or two to balance it out. dont overeat, and make sure its not like an hour before bedtime. serious, just keep everything simple and in moderation. thats the hardest part.
>>
File: 830248324023.png (146 KB, 306x373) Image search: [Google]
830248324023.png
146 KB, 306x373
1800 calories approximately, if we take into account one meal size of chicken, 8 ounces of hot sauce used, half a cup of ranch dressing for dipping, and 100 or so calories from celery.

Add 100 or so if you think the meat is extra oily. Another 300 if you put breading on them.
>>
Switch to Atkins Diet, gorge on wings breakfast lunch and dinner, lose 60lbs in 2 months. Problem solved.
>>
>>7490548
and as an added benefit, die of kidney failure
>>
>>7490553
You can't substantiate that slander. But I'll play along; "everyone's gotta die of something, at least you wouldn't die eating like a faggot."
>>
>>7490553

Don't be ridiculous. You'll die of heart failure far before that, due to the unnatural and fattening sugars found in most wing sauces.
>>
Honestly. Wing sauces truly contain zero sugars almost always. Why all the Atkins hate?
>>
>>7490540
You're either retarded or anorexic.
>>
People of 4chan listen and be not faggots! If you are a lardo, you need not be any longer! Atkins Diet enables you to eat indulgently while shedding pounds in hyperdrive!
>>
>>7490597
Even if you die young, you will die mean and attractive!
>>
>>7490599
There are worse things.
>>
Lean, attractive, and able? Thats good enough for me; we all dying of something anyway.
>>
>>7490540
>8 ounces of hot sauce used, half a cup of ranch dressing for dipping
those numbers sound ridiculously high
>100 or so calories from celery.
How much fucking celery would that be? Sounds like a lot
>>
>>7490572
>unnatural sugars
what the fuck does this even mean? You are saying we are putting sugars not found in nature in wing sauce, and that these sugars will kill you?
>>
>>7490540
>half a cup of ranch dressing for dipping
The cup of ranch you get at most restaurants is like less than 1/3 of a cup
>100 or so calories from celery.
How much fucking celery would you need to eat?
>>
File: food enthusiast.jpg (183 KB, 1842x1227) Image search: [Google]
food enthusiast.jpg
183 KB, 1842x1227
>>7490540

>if we take into account one meal size of chicken

Apparently we have different ideas on what "meal size" means.
>>
Real mean don't dip their wings (which already have been sauced) in any dressing. Afterall, the practical purpose of dressing is to cool the heat. Now tell me what the friggin point is to eating hot shit if you're going t I cool it down? There's no bro honor in that.
>>
>>7490646
The true face of /ck/
>>
>>7490676

real men don't give a single fuck what you think.
>>
>>7490723
I don't know man, he sounds so hardcore, he might be onto something.
>>
>>7490723
You have created a false dichotomy between me and wing eaters. It is a principle that men eat hot wings to display their tolerance for pain and discomfort. Dressing usage does Mark you as a flitter. This is the code. If you're not privy to it, If you don't observe it at your own table, you are a weak failure.
>>
>>7490738

I fucked your mother.

Good day.
>>
So I've been trying to get the perfect crisp to my wings, which I normally bake/broil because it's too cold outside still to girll/broil. A person on /ck/ told me to use baking powder since it draws the moisture out and creates a strong crisp. I tried this tonight, and while they did make a great crispy wing; as though they were fried. But they were ruined as it tasted almost powdery texture once you got into them. I'm sure I fucked something up, I think maybe I used too much baking powder.

Thoughts?
>>
>>7490750
My mother is large old unatractive and generally unpleasant to be around. I'm kind of happy for the old girl of she broke herself off a piece of young beta dad like you.
>>
>>7490750
Can I have some money, dad? Keys to your Kia Sonata?
>>
>>7490756

Marinate them, bake them until they're just done, move them to the walk-in, throw as many as you want in the fryer until they're as crispy as you like. Toss/dip in sauce of choice.

Why fuck with something that both works and is simple?
>>
>>7490782
Because I've never tried bake then fry before. Guess that'll be next.
>>
>>7490789

That's restaurant style cooking, where everything is ready and you just throw the wings in the fryer for a minute or two to heat them up and make the skin crispy.
>>
>>7490756
Look, dude... preheat pot of veg oil to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, introduce carefully dried wing pieces to oil. Dry til wings float. Harvest, temp, toss in sauce and serve. This ain't rocket science. You're over thinking it.
>>
>>7490646
>yeast donuts
fucking gross
>>
Want bamp
>>
>>7490489
This, if I'm having buffalo wings I'll have it as the only meal of the day and follow it up with two days of vegetarian food like lettuce and carrot snacks.
>>
>>7490756
cover them with a mix of bread crumbs and cornstarch for maximum crisp.

flour and cornstarch might work best for covering them tho.
>>
>>7492088
>flour and cornstarch
This. 50/50, or 60/40 favoring the starch. It's how they fry chicken in chinese joints too, unless it's a western-style fried chicken place that is.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.