[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it with women and kitchenaid stand mixers? This is even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2
File: dscf1605.jpg (175 KB, 558x550) Image search: [Google]
dscf1605.jpg
175 KB, 558x550
What is it with women and kitchenaid stand mixers? This is even worse than men and their weeb swords.
>>
I love the one my mom gave me.
>>
Kitchenaid stand mixers are powerful, aesthetically pleasing, and reliable kitchen tools. they look cool and are very useful so you should not be surprised that people like them.
>>
>>7490240
i am a professionell Cook, i work with KitchenAid since 30 years and I have one at home too... so.no it's not a meme it's a robust (semi)professional tool depending which one you have
>>
>>7490240
Anon you got a serious case of a tunnel vision.
>>
>>7490240
what is it with cooks and their multiple knives? this is even worse than kids and their video games
>>
>>7490240
>What is it with women and kitchenaid stand mixers?

They used to be the Rolls Royce of mixers.
They are shit nowadays, but the legend and good name the Hobart built Kitchenaids created still lives on.
>>
>>7490299

Yo! Noid was the only video game I owned my entire childhood and my mom says that I grew up to be completely well adjusted.
>>
>>7490240
I can't imagine how painful it would be to have your arm torn apart from that machine.
>>
>>7490313
You know you're supposed to avoid the Noid, right? Domino's made all those PSA's
>>
>>7490305
not all of them are still shit. they make good ones and cheap ones, make more money that way. dumb poorfags get shitty ones, gentlefolk of means get great mixers.
>>
>>7490240
women aren't strong enough to do any kind of mixing, beating, kneading etc. for more than like 30 seconds
>>
>>7490240
Just say that you want to buy one.
it should have about 1000W, or that's 12,87
square socks per doorframe for you imperial system faggots.
make sure you have the extra equipment you want. planned obsolescence is a thing everywhere nowadays. you might not be able to buy the extra equipment later on and need to buy a whole new machine.
>>
>>7490345
They have always had lower end tilt head vs higher end bowl lift models.

Its just now that the modern tilt heads are so fucking garbage, the Pro lines are pretty much required if you were to buy a new one. A pro line is louder,weaker, and less reliable than they used to be.
They had slowly been getting lower quality, until shit finally hit the fan in like 2008, where they did a complete line change in motors and had a good 3-4 years of every lines blowing motors under moderate use.

They dont make them like they used to applies here, yet people are blinded by namesake.
>>
>>7490240
They come in cute colors.
>>
What's a good cheap stand mixer to get? Less that 250 euro.
>>
>>7492056
http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KSM150PSER-Artisan-Pouring-Shield/dp/B00005UP2P/
>>
>>7490240
You wouldn't believe the things they do to you in bed when you buy them one...
>>
i use a bread machine to mix things. it kneads dough better than a stand mixer because it has a heating element that warms the dough up.
>>
>>7490240
symbol of domesticity
also chicks love to bake. it's spending time in the kitchen easy mode
>>
>>7490240
>a tool actively used in preparing various dishes
>somehow comparable to katanas
>>
>>7491980
This, my mother has 2 kitchenaid mixers that are both about 15 years old and they both perform the same as the day she got them.
>>
My brother got one for xmas. I got a cheap plastic one my mom found at a garage sale. It wobbles a lot when it's mixing.
>>
My mom had one growing up. Those things are indestructible

Probably lots of people have them because they're actually good products, and lots of people who own cookwear in families are women.
>>
>>7492103
>bake
I hate this shit, like when women come over with "home made" cookies
here, I baked you these cookies!

oh you mean you opened the pillsbury package?
you didn't make cookies, you heated up cookies someone else made.
pouring a bowl of cereal is a higher level of cooking
>>
>>7490240
I'm a guy and I have one. It's pretty good, and a solid machine. Does what I need it to. I can also do all sorts of shit with it from whisking up sauces and dips, to using the paddle beater to make mashed potatoes, and the dough hook makes bread making a piece of piss.

I think the reason for KitchenAid is that it's a well known brand whose focus is primarily on their stand mixers, so you know they've put a lot into them.

tl;dr. Quality. I'm a guy.
>>
I wish I could afford one
>>
So for those of you shitting on KitchenAid, can you name competitors that do better at the various low, midrange, and high end price points? I'm not saying they haven't gone to shit necessarily but KitchenAid is pretty much the only name that comes immediately to mind when I think of a stand mixer.
>>
I used to assume they were overrated impulse purchases, until my grandmother died and I got hers. I'm almost glad she died.

The only problem is if I just want to stiffen a couple of whites, because it only does well with large quantities, or if I'm making something that requires a couple of bowls, because extra bowls are expensive and I'm not paying for one.
>>
>>7490240
My dad got one a few years ago and he loves that somnabitch.
>>
>>7493357
Fucking this. All the women i know don't do it from scratch because its "too messy"
>>
>>7490282
This, those mixers are fuckin' good.
>>
>>7493878
Broaden your social circle. It sounds like you've limited yourself to people from the wrong end of the gene pool.
>>
What's with Americans and the use of mixers for everything? Why do Americans have pointless multitaskers for everything?
>>
>>7493906

I use my kitchenaid to mix drinks, knead steak, wind yarn balls.. really everything.
>>
>>7493906

>why do americans
>kitchenaid is a pointless multitasker

Could you bait harder?
>>
Maangchi because that girl knows how to make the most bomb diggity korean food and I've learned so much
>>
>>7490240
>he doesn't know about the auto-dildo attachment
>>
File: n.jpg (8 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
8 KB, 125x125
>>7493357
>>
>>7493826
>I'm a guy..

"guy"

>>7493850

I don't understand why you need one to do the things you can do with your hands.

Is kneading bread really that difficult for you people?

Are you incapable of using a spoon to cream butter and sugar together for cookies?

I just don't get the need for one in a home kitchen. They rank right up there with rice cookers, microwaves, and bread machines for most needless piece of shit in your kitchen.
>>
>>7494217
>>I just don't get the need for one in a home kitchen. They rank right up there with rice cookers, microwaves, and bread machines for most needless piece of shit in your kitchen.

Why do you need a range if you can just build a cooking fire yourself? Why do you need a house if you could just keep the rain off with a tent. Why do you need a bed when you have a perfectly good floor. Being able to do something does not equate to wanting to do it.

Also you forgot to add toaster to your list.
>>
>>7494217

>why you need one to do the things you can do with your hands

It would take all day for a devoted grandma with a lifetime of experience to do what a kitchenaid is capable of doing in 20 minutes.

Some kitchen tools are dumb, but a good quality stand mixer isn't one of them, even aside from all the attachments you can get for it.
>>
>>7494259
So what you're saying is yes, kneading bread and creaming butter and sugar IS too challenging for you all.

Got it.

>Also you forgot to add toaster to your list.

Agree.
>>
>>7494294

You sound like you're just trying to go along with the OP and make some kind of a troll "argument" about women not being able to do anything without using an easy bake oven or a kitchenaid.

A good quality stand mixer is an absolute monster in the kitchen, and if you're serious I feel honestly bad that you're too poor to have ever had the opportunity to use one.
>>
>>7494294
Too challenging? Not really. Irritating (which you could consider a form of challenge if you wish) enough that I would do it a lot more if I had a machine that could do it for me? Definitely.

Did a robot steal your factory bakery job or something?
>>
>>7494336
So what are all you people making that is so difficult that you require a mixer like that, anon?

Just some bread dough?
>>
>>7494354

Anything and everything, in whatever quantities you want, with virtually no effort aside from washing the bowl/paddle(s).

For someone whose claiming everyone who buys a stand mixer can't cook you should at least have some idea of the things you use them for. Do you think restaurants don't use stand mixers? Because they do, and most places wouldn't be able to get by without them.
>>
>>7494368
I can understand using one of the industrial mixers for restaurants due to the sheer volume of the serving sizes, but home recipes don't call for that much.

So you're just too lazy to do things by hand. Got it.
>>
>>7494381
If you actually used one, you'd find out how useful they are. The anon talking about winding yarn wasn't kidding. There's loads of uses for it, and you get a consistent product every time. If you do ever need to cook a lot of something for whatever reason, they're amazing at saving time.

I don't understand why you're being so combative about it. I ride my bike instead of driving most days, but that's because it's convenient for the distances I have to travel and the weather here allows for it. I use my mixer because it saves me time and keeps things relatively clean (saving more time) and allows me to easily produce a large amount of food for other people.
>>
>>7494680

>i ride my bike instead of driving most days

I was actually going to make the analogy earlier between mixing by hand as opposed to using a stand mixer being somewhat similar to the difference between riding your bike everywhere as opposed to driving a car.

Some people can get by with just a bike, but when it comes down to it it's apples and oranges.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.