[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /ck/ think of hummus?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: sabra-hummus.jpg (50 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
sabra-hummus.jpg
50 KB, 300x300
what does /ck/ think of hummus?
>>
Tastes pretty good
>>
hummus + carrots = #1 snack
>>
will hummus make me fat?
>>
great when there's no soybean oil

make your own
>>
>>7490236
ate about a pound of it once then drank all the booze and puked it back up

that was four years ago and i cant even smell it without retching

prior to that i loved it, delicious cheap healthy easy to.make
>>
I've never had hummus before. How do you eat it?
>>
>>7490236
I think hummus is tasty nutritious and exotic. I also think it can be made in a blender with one can garbanzo beans, EVO, lemon juice, and cumin. Cant imagine why anyone would by prepackaged version og this filled with all them cancerous preservatives. Making this yourself is cake.
>>
>>7490269
use hummus + healthy baked chips or veggies to replace other dips and shitty chips and it will actually do the opposite
>>
>>7490329
I eat it with torn up pita bread or spread on rice crackers. Also those small pretzels but I find them a bit too salty these days so I can't eat a ton like I used to.
>>
>>7490337
I was reading this earlier:

http://www.seriouseats.com/2016/03/the-food-lab-how-to-make-great-hummus.html

Now I have to go out and buy the ingredients to try and make this myself
>>
hipster food
>>
>>7490329
Smear inside of pita pocket with hummus, stuff with falaful and tabuleh. Do you even towel head?
>>
>>7490365
chinaman in bongland, literally never had any middle eastern food. Falafel looks fucking awsome though
>>
>>7490236
It's jewish food. I will only stuff it in the wounds of stabbed israeli children that libtards kill for their palestine frendos.
>>
>>7490372
It's good food. After 911 I felt I needed to understand my nation's enemy better. Too isecure to read Koran I familiarize muhself with their cuisine. Woefully devoid of meat, however. Poverty factor I guess.
>>
>>7490236

sabra hummus is fucking shit-tier, I'll buy literally whatever else is on the shelf as long as it's not tribe
>>
>>7490329
my lazy breakfast when i can't be arsed to do anything is just to spread it on some bread, toasting optional

helps if it's on a really nice bread of course, something like pic related goes down a treat
>>
>>7490372
How can you not? It's practically little Baghdad in the cities.
>>
>>7490236
I don't care what anyone else thinks. I love it. I buy their roasted garlic. If Sabra isn't available then I get Central market olive hummus. Yes, I could make it and I have but it costs more and I don't eat it enough to be cost effective.

When I'm in the mood for hummus, Sabra is my first choice.
>>
Yum yum. Halved eggplant/bell peppers filled with hummus and baked are awesome. Also plain with a side of salads.
>>
File: hcmp54785_98650_s3.jpg (22 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
hcmp54785_98650_s3.jpg
22 KB, 500x281
Do any of you put beetroot in your hummus? I had this beetroot hummus at Vega in Madrid.
>>
It's good, but store bought stuff sucks, but only as much as anything else really....comparable to a fresh made pizza to a frozen one, it's edible if but it just isn't as good
>>
>>7490236
Seriuosly, why it's like the only thing israelis eat?
>>
>>7490605
Sabra is truly one of the best tasting brands. I've tried quite a bit of them,including organic ones. It also has a good consistency that doesnt get watery and slimy in the fridge after being opened. There was organic kind I got,I believe it was called Lillys? It became completely disgusting after being opened for a day. Had the consistency of muddy water. Even stirring it up didnt make it much better. Fuck that.
>>
>>7491973

Do you actually want to know? I did some research myself and I like sharing fun facts.
Jews can't eat meat with dairy or dairy with meat, so as I understand it they either have dairy-based meals or meat-based meals, and hummus, being creamy and neutral both in flavor and meat-v-dairy-wise, can go well with either type. So it became a staple to accompany any style of food.
>>
>"oh you should just make it yourself, it's so cheap and easy"
>tahini is very expensive and spoils relatively quickly making bulk-buying even less viable

How

I just buy the Aldi brand, it's half the price of Sabra or other brands and just as good if not better. Now they changed their toppings to ape Sabra though, with the neon orange oil. I miss the old style, standing on its own two feet.
>>
>>7490391
Do you even Kabab, Shawarma or any of their rice based meals?
>>
>>7492835
I make it with peanut butter.
>>
>>7492835
i like oasis brand. it's less expensive than sabra but i have only found it in whole foods or small natural markets
>>
>>7492816
Pretty interesting. Thanks anon!
>>
it's like tuna but for vegetarians
>>
>>7490236

I enjoy it sometimes with some pita chips or carrots/celery. But I'm not a huge fan of Sabra.
>>
I'll buy a kilo bucket of it every couple of weeks or so. Sesame is great for your skin and I dont get enough fat in my diet.
I mix in either my own tumeric, or paprika, sundried tomatoes, cayenne or whatever to shake it up

>>7490269
>>7490343
I have raw green string beans or carrots with mine. I've been thinking of raw brocc though

>>7490329
My favourite is a herby Turkish bread. Put it on sandwiches, wraps or just dip.

>>7490337
>cancerous ingredients
>uses canned brand
I just checked my bucket, it's preservative is lemon juice.
>>
>>7490954
I tried a hummus with pomegranate and walnut, was good. Will try beet next.

>>7492835
>tahini spoils easy
Now? Have some black tahini sitting on the bench for months, not even rancid.
>>
File: PxXpNzt.jpg (28 KB, 540x394) Image search: [Google]
PxXpNzt.jpg
28 KB, 540x394
I made my own first with canned chickpeas and then by cooking from raw chickpeas and the difference is immense. Biggest tip I'd give for making it taste better is to buy dry chickpeas. I think sprouting them also helps the taste but that could be placebo
>>
>>7490394

sabra is literally the best. You mad Mehmet that Israelis make the best hummus?
>>
>>7490236
I think it is a disgusting slop primarily consumed by trend following self-proclaimed foodies that don't realize how much of a faggot they look like to normal adults.
>>
File: 1457126940970.jpg (182 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1457126940970.jpg
182 KB, 1024x1024
>>7493892
This man knows. I also fucking love Sabre and would eat it every fucking time I shopped, if it weren't just outlandishly expensive.

>>7494447
This guy is pretty much right. I agree with him, except about the disgusting part...Moving on

>>7492816
I'm not 100% convinced on the validity of those statements, but thats real fukkin neato. Thank you for sharing Anon. What else do you know?
>>
>>7493699
This is true - canned chickpeas have a canned taste. Also, the secret to super creamy hummus is peeling the chickpeas, which is a huge pain in the ass, but makes a big improvement in the texture of the result.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.