[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frying tonight!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 41CuVuWkyZL.jpg (29 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
41CuVuWkyZL.jpg
29 KB, 500x422
Just got myself a deep fat fryer, what delicious things can I cook in it?
>>
>>7489248

Fries, fried chicken, fresh doughnuts, spring rolls... Literally everything can be deepfried, start off with some tempura shrimp and sweet potato, mm mmm
>>
I would recommend doing your own fries and also frying some mars with batter around it.
>>
Semen
>>
French toast
>>
>>7489248
You can also make homemade funnel cakes and stuff. Kaarage. Everything else was already mentioned by someone else.

Just keep in mind that the quantities you are able to fry at a time are likely VERY limited. You are supposed to change oil between wings too, if I remember correctly.
>>
>You are supposed to change oil between wings too
As in, one full fryer of oil per chicken wing?
>>
>>7489248
Deep Fried Pizza, you have to try it at least once in your lifetime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rsj79pyQcU
>>
File: schmalzgebaeck.jpg (62 KB, 390x265) Image search: [Google]
schmalzgebaeck.jpg
62 KB, 390x265
Make Oliebols or Schmalzgebäck before winter is over, they're basically deep fried lard balls
>>
>>7489320

>everything else was already mentioned
>you are supposed to change oil between wings

No, and no.
>>
File: 1447217694684.jpg (61 KB, 721x960) Image search: [Google]
1447217694684.jpg
61 KB, 721x960
>>7489330
>Out to eat with parents for mother's birthday at shitty tex mex place
>order fried ice cream
>it's just ice cream rolled around in crushed corn flakes

Can't believe i paid $7.50 for that shit
>>
File: fried-ice-cream-11A-600.jpg (191 KB, 600x391) Image search: [Google]
fried-ice-cream-11A-600.jpg
191 KB, 600x391
>mods deleted my fried ice cream post

but why
was it an accident?
>>
Make your own crab rangoon, do a scotch egg, make fried mashed potatoes, beer batter and fry up a shitload of smelt
>>
>>7489248
battered cod and french fries
>>
>>7489248
Fuck that. It's gonna be great for three weeks, then your lazy ass will never clean it properly and everything after will taste like rancid fat. The fate of 98% of home deep fryers.
>>
>>7489274
>frying some mars with batter around it
what
>>
>>7490447

It's a Scottish thing.

They're even more obsessed with deep fried foods than Americans.
>>
>>7489248
Don't forget to check the temperature with an ice cube before frying
>>
>>7490481

One of my old dishwashers would occasionally chuck a small handful of ice cubes over the line and towards the fryers when people were standing close to them.

He was an okay guy.
>>
>>7489248
Hope you enjoy having your entire kitchen caked in a layer of grease.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.