[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't fat people just eat less food?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 9
File: burger.jpg (46 KB, 600x423) Image search: [Google]
burger.jpg
46 KB, 600x423
Why don't fat people just eat less food?
>>
>>7489067
why don't OP be less of a retarded faggot?
>>
Because they're fat and have low self-esteem, which often leads them to stop caring about what they do to their bodies.

Also, the guy in the OP image is a competitive eater, so eating less would be career suicide for him.
>>
>>7489067
I eat a lot because my parents raised me to eat or buy myself frivolous shit when I was sad, and I'm poor most of the time because my boss keeps cutting my hours.
>>
>>7489102
>a competitive eater

Make America Great Again!
>>
Well maybe the food companies shouldn't make their food so delicious
>>
Fewer food. It's "why don't fat people eat fewer food", anon.
>>
Why don't dumb people read more books?

Why don't alcoholics drink less?

Why don't people with OCD stop being so fucking weird?

Humans are fucking illogical senpai
>>
File: 1458409300992.jpg (55 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1458409300992.jpg
55 KB, 600x450
>>7489067
>>
>>7489188
Though, if people followed logic, they wouldn't be any of those things to begin with.
>>
>>7489067
Because they're poor :')
>>
>>7489175
Thanks Stannis
>>
because obesity is caused by the reward systems of our brains short-circuiting due to how our societal food habits change faster than our bodies can evolve, and all but the most extreme cases of obesity fail to kill in time to prevent reproduction, so we may never evolve out of it.

you don't still believe in free will, do you?
>>
Don't you think they would if they could?

If "You will literally die" isn't enough motivation then I think it goes in the impossible category.
>>
>>7489271
Aren't poor people fat from all the frozen shit they eat?
>>
File: food-addicts-big.jpg (104 KB, 702x475) Image search: [Google]
food-addicts-big.jpg
104 KB, 702x475
>>7490129
it's drugs to your body all the difference it makes
>>
>>7489067

I only gained weight because of all of the booze I drink.

Luckily I've lost most of it now, but shit.
>>
>>7489067
I've tried that, it doesn't work.

Exercise is more important.
>>
>>7490434
>alcoholics feel more pleasure than fatties and cokeheads
>being a cokehead is less pleasant than being fat
>>
>>7489067
>I'm not fat, I just gained a little weight because of Christmas, summer bbq, whatever
>My body needs nutrients to work, if I ate less I would become sick!
>I WOULD start dieting, but I have so much to do
>*sigh* you're right, I'm fat. I really need to start a diet [does not start a diet]
>I started this new diet where I eat nothing at all and already lost 200g since 2 hours ago! [stops doing the diet by evening]
>Some chocolate here and there is good for your mental health, some doctors in a medical journal said so!
>I can't do sports, I'm too overweight and my joints would break!
>I'm not fat, just look at <slightly fatter person>
>I ate nothing for breakfast and only had celery for lunch. Oh, and I ate a bag of chocolate bars as an afternoon snack, because I got cravings lol
tl;dr a mix of self-delusiuon, ignorance and lack of knowledge
>>
>>7490434
Makes me glad to be alcoholic. I still get a little bit of red, and the least amount of green. Normal brains have way more green than everybody else. I feel sorry for them. They should take up some sort of drug.
>>
>>7489102
>competitive eater
>fat guy
>not some skinny asian dude

doesn't stand a chance...
>>
>>7490693
this; exercise and moderation is better than eating less.
going for a jog then rewarding yourself with a donut is bad though
>>
>>7491086
Fug, I just remembered that even though I've cut nearly all junk food out of my life, donuts will always be my favorite.

I guess I'll have to work out just enough to allow donuts into my regular diet. You have no idea how much I love donuts. It's not just "Oh, it tastes good and I like it"; I have a genuine passion for donuts.
>>
I'm fat because I have crippling back pain that renders me immobile and I take a psych med that caused me to gain a fair amount of weight. I am hoping to get insurance soon so that I can have back surgery so I can exercise again.
The whole experience feels bad man.
>>
They wouldn't be fat if they did that.
>>
File: Schopenhauer.jpg (14 KB, 300x358) Image search: [Google]
Schopenhauer.jpg
14 KB, 300x358
Man can do what he wills but he cannot will what he wills.
>>
>>7491154

What is that even supposed to mean?
>>
They can't. For the obese, it's an addiction. Its like asking a crackhead to stop doing crack.
>>
>>7491161
You can choose what you want to do but you can't choose what you choose you want to do
>>
I don't eat that much and i'm 325lb. It about what you eat. Obese people put so much garbage into their body and never exercise so they can't lose weight. Eating carbs and fat together in every meal is only going to make you fatter.
>>
>>7491161
You can do what you want but you can't change what it is which you want
>>
File: 1406587503114.png (520 KB, 853x476) Image search: [Google]
1406587503114.png
520 KB, 853x476
>>7491188
>I don't eat that much and I'm 325 lbs
>>
>>7491188
>I don't eat that much
>i'm 325lb
One of those statements is false.
>>
File: 1445303001558.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1445303001558.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>7491188
>>
>>7491194
It's from beer and milkshakes.
>>
File: 1439608691583.jpg (10 KB, 295x378) Image search: [Google]
1439608691583.jpg
10 KB, 295x378
>>7491192
Did you even listen to what I said? I'm a fat fuck because I eat extremely unhealthy food. I went from 386 to 325 because I decided to control what I eat.
>>
>>7491154
Schopenhauer never said that. That was Einstein paraphrasing Schoppie.

What Schopenhauer said was: "Du kannst tun was du willst: aber du kannst in jedem gegebenen Augenblick deines Lebens nur ein Bestimmtes wollen und schlechterdings nichts anderes als dieses eine."
>>
>>7491184
>>7491190

Correct.

It's basically the foundation Schopenhauerian ethics.

If you can't tell just from looking at him, he's the father of modern pessimism, and actually argued in defense of suicide.

He's definitely worth reading; only problem is that almost arguments rest on his metaphysics, were considered bat shit crazy even at the time they were written.
>>
>>7491203
It pretty much doesn't matter at all what you eat. It matters how many calories you eat-- that's it.
>>
>>7489067
They can't, they've taken the joy out of life from over consuming and putting weight stress on their bodies. A normal person can sit and not lose their breath or break out in a sweat, a fat person can tire out and breath heavy stationary, just all that extra weight. Ever see a fat person get up, they make this blowing steam sound almost always psssssssshhhhhhh uuuuuuuuuuh and take twice as long as a normal person to get up, requires more energy and easily ticks them off as simple things become a chore, now imagine this is your life 24hrs a day, it's hell.
>>
>>7491219
I suspect you're a lot fatter than you look. Most of the fat is where your brain is supposed to be.
>>
File: 1439177993034s.jpg (3 KB, 125x98) Image search: [Google]
1439177993034s.jpg
3 KB, 125x98
>>7491219
i can't tell if this is bait or autism
>>
>>7491225
>>7491242

Time to pull out the "Guy Who Ate A Bunch Of McDonalds For A Month And Lost Weight Because He Counted His Calories And Ate At A Deficit" article again
>>
>>7490427
The joke is that you can always eat less of anything, and if anything doing so will save you money.
>>
>>7491245
Well my diet actually works and it has nothing to do with calories to suck a cock
>>
>>7489067
because then they wouldn't be fat?
>>
>>7489215
rofl nice man.
>>
>>7489067
>Why don't fat people just eat less food?
That's what I'm doing, and it's insane how much I've changed. Instead of eating an entire pot of soup (serves 6), I eat a single bowl and save the rest. Saves me money, allows me to be lazy on the days I don't feel like cooking, and I'm looking/feeling a lot better. Not pooping as much, though I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.
>>
>>7491210
English, mother fucker.
>>
they have larger stomachs so they need to consume more food to feel full
>>
>>7491407
Not sure how to. Something like "you can do what you will, but can at any moment convey only one will and nothing other."
>>
>>7489067
I would but I just love food so much.
>>
>>7490434
>normal brain
>most green, less yellow than obese brain

guess I'll stick to the big macs. Rather have a little pleasure all the time than 50% sheer joy and 50% despair
>>
>>7489114
>ITS NOT MY FAULT!!!
>>
>>7489067
MUH GENES

actually it's just a lack of self control, they are the same kind of people who impulse buy, can't stand physical pain and are easily upset
>>
why don't alcoholics just stop drinking.
why don't smokers just stop smoking.

it's 'cause i'm addicted to food.
>>
why don't dubs just checkem?
>>
>>7491898
but not just food

ithe either addicted to junk food, addicted to eating heaps, or beign unable to go any length of time without eating
>>
>>7491895
Self-control is genetic, so you just killed your own attempt at satire.
>>
>>7491242
>I am a marvel of physics
>I eat way under my TDEE and somehow create energy to gain weight
Someone give this man the Nobel prize
>>
>>7489067
we know that being fat causes depression, and that depression in some cases causes excessive eating.

So it's a tough spiral, eating cause you're depressed and it "feels good", and being depressed cause you are eating.

Being fat lowers your self esteem, so going to the gym is really harsh (if not impossible for some)
And alot of people who get their arses to the gym stop, because they don't feel they understand the "how to", are too afraid to ask the other people who goes to the gym, and because the gym charges a fortune to tell you how to do it properly.

But some do actually do it, eat less and work out more.
>>
>>7489067
Fat people are mentally addicted to food. They literally can't stop over-eating. It's the only mental addiction that society moves to accommodate.
>>
>>7489236
ocd is genetic

>m-muh bootstraps
>>
>>7490696
No you retard, the alcoholics and coke addicts have burned out their frontal lobes from continuous abuse because both of those substances induce downregulation and neurotoxicity in excess (look at the fucking coke user's brain)

obesity is quantitatively less damaging to the brain (no shit being fat is less damaging for the brain than being a crack user) so obese people have a more intact reward system compared to controls
>>
>>7492639

>obese people have a more intact reward system

Too bad the rest of their bodies are suffering.
>>
>>7489067
>Why don't fat people just eat less food?

It feels so fucking good to eat, it can mask all sorts of bad emotions like being bored or sad. Its a oral fixation, we have overeaten so much you trick your body into wanting more and more.
The smells, the taste, the textures, the glowing warm feeling of being full and floating off to sleep for a nap.
Food is everywhere, its so accessible and accepted anywhere at any time. Its not like having an addiction to a drug or alcohol which can be hard to act on.

Im fat, right over 200 pounds at 5'11. Honestly its such a big part of my life that I am OK with being fat. I dont want to stop, being /ck/ is the one thing that actually makes my life bearable
>>
>>7492359
There's like, 10 coffee shops on my to work.
>>
>>7492639
Sure is I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about in here.
>>
I haven't been overweight since I was a teenager, but I never ate out of boredom, or whatever, I ate because my appetite was absolutely fucking ravenous.

I basically eat shitloads of carrots, celery and broccoli all day to stay satiated.
>>
>>7492705
>I never ate out of boredom, or whatever, I ate because my appetite was absolutely fucking ravenous.

The feeling of "boredom" can easily mimic the feeling of being hungry. It can get very confusing to someone who lives a sedentary lifestyle.
>>
I don't feel full. I literally eat 2 pizzas and 6 snickers back-to-back on some days. My hunger is infinte. I'm pretty scared of getting diabetes someday.
>>
>>7492716
I've never been sedentary either. I play varsity football, and lacrosse in college, and worked construction before I settled into my career. I'm simply hungry all of the time. I can eat a huge meal and feel like I'm starving an hour later.

I'm not advocating people give in to their desires instead of trying to maintain a healthy bodyweight, or suggesting a lot of people aren't eating because they're of low will, but I would imagine I'm not much of an outlier and some of folks are simply hungry much of the time.
>>
I've been dancing between 190 and 200 for over 2 years.

I already know what my problem is. When I was a kid my parents made a big deal about movie Nights on Fridays and the weekend and would always buy chips and cookies and donuts, rent a couple of Flicks, and order a pizza to top it off. That tradition has just stuck with me and I get myself a treat on the weekend.
>>
>>7492766

How about feeling healthy and having a better quality of life vs giving into indulgences

You're an adult, not a child that needs rewarded with a tasty treat
>>
>>7492766

You can treat yourself at the weekend without over eating.
>>
>>7492772
I'd bet money you're obese
>>
>>7492785

;^}
>>
Cause food too good
>>
>>7492766
Calorie in calorie out.
Overeating one day a week is not going to topple you into gaining weight if you were truly maintaining a calorie deficit the rest of the week.

You stay a certain weight because you feed your body enough calories to maintain that weight all week.
>>
>>7489067
Because fat people lack impulse control
>>
>>7492766
Yeah pass the buck why don't you. It's your parents fault. God forbid you take control of what you shove down your gullet.
>>
>lost 55 kg since last September
>Around 80 kg now as 175 cm tall

I still get the urge to just absolutely gorge myself on 2 pizzas or similar. I fear that will never change and probably end with me being fat again. There's just this fucking constant battle with my urges and it's difficult as fuck to keep winning. I cannot really explain this to anyone who hasn't tried it.

Although I have lost the appetite for sweets and chips though, which is nice. At least it's not something I crave.

Alcoholics can stop drinking alcohol and smokers can stop smoking, but you cannot stop eating. An eating disorder is serious business.
>>
>>7489102
>the guy in the OP image is a competitive eater, so eating less would be career suicide for him.

I think his career is career suicide
>>
>>7493141
Yeah, I've been dieting for a while now. At literally any moment apart from right after dinner I could eat a 2000+ calorie large pizza to myself. I sometimes wish that literal hunger was the only thing that would make me have food.
>>
>>7492044
>being fat causes depression

So are those "proud to be fat" people actually depressed too?
>>
>>7492766
It was my parents who had a weird issue with slim kids, so they made sure I had enough weight at all times in case of hardship.
When I became a teenager I took it my responsibility to change my grown habits. It'd be my fault for not changing myself. You the same. Only you can change yourself.
>>
>>7493280
Yes. They will only say they're depressed because of everyone around them bullying them.
>>
Because fat people usually have no self control when it comes to that sort of thing.
>>
fat people need to do two things:

1. eat less often
2. eat no fat and less sugar.
>>
>>7492725
Try keeping less food in the house. When you go to check out, make sure you keep your eyes only on the register and not the candy they put there specifically for impulse buyers. That, or replace all your junk food with healthier alternatives, like celery or whatever. Just swap out your snickers for delicious and nutritious veggies.
>>
Bitch, get some o dat Apple Cider Vinegar in to yah

Makes u shit liquid shits, cleans out ur intestines.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.