[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Food to regulate bowel movements.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_0386.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0386.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
Moved to college recently so been cooking my own food (vegetarian). Have diarrhoea and stomach cramps. Losing too much weight.
Recipes? Need to regulate bowels. Been eating apples and rice. Not helping.
I think I haven't been eating enough vegetables.
>>
>>7486697
could also be from stress....are you stressed>?
>>
Chia seeds
>>
Some foods will constipate you, but that varies per individual anyway.

A more sensible thing to do would be to get some fermented foods in you to get your gut bacteria back in order. Try making your own kefir.

On a more serious note, I spent my first university year with some nasty gastro symptoms and never got them checked thoroughly, and it turns out that it was the onset of my Crohn's, which tends to materialize in young adulthood. Don't avoid doctors if it gets real.
>>
>Admitted to college
>Asks for a "recipe" to treat diarrhea with stomach cramps and weight loss instead of going to a doctor
America, everybody.
>>
>>7486697
You have IBS.
>>
>>7486697
losing weight makes regulating bowel movements difficult i find. i've lost 15 lbs in the last few months and my shitting clock is slightly out of whack. the things that help with regularity in addition to fibre are drinking plenty of water, exercise, and routine. what i like to do is make a trail mix with nuts, seeds, raisins, and oats in it. i also eat plenty of raw vegetables
>>
>>7486697
If diarrhea is constant and is causing you to lose weight you need to go to Dr. That's not normal. I said chia seeds. Don't eat those. I misunderstood the post initially.
Might wanna try BRAT diet. Banana, rice, applesauce, toast to help you with the diarrhea until you can make it to MD
>>
>>7486705
I don't think there's a university on the planet that thoroughly evaluates the life skills of its applicants. Funny how an academic institution places emphasis on academics. Americans do not spell it "diarrhoea," either.
>>
>>7486710
Apples and/or wheat can exacerbate diarrhea in the case of IBS, fructose/sorbitol intolerance and celiac, so that's not a good suggestion at all.
>>
>>7486709
just realized the severity of your situation. see a doctor. it could just be a bug that lasts a few weeks, but a doctor's visit is a good idea
>>
I can't help you but I can post my own college food related story for no reason

>doing culinary arts program at college
>we sell the food so we aren't allowed to eat it
>eat mostly rice and soysauce or canned soup for basically a year
>end of the year
>the chef instructors are throwing us a big BBQ party
>actually get to eat meat for the fist time in so long
>end up eating like 2 steaks, 5 sausages, 3 chicken breasts and a porkchop
>cannot eat another bite
>next day
>body goes into total shock from meat overload
>worst indigestion imaginable
>constant pain
>vomit maybe 9 times
>this goes on for 3 days
>finally take an all protein shit
>anus is splitting open and its still not coming out
>eventually get a spoon and use the handle to mash it up inside of me while I lay on the floor weeping

Good times
>>
>>7486704
This might be the morphine, ocycodone and fentanyl still in my system after getting anal abscesses incised and drained and repeatedly packed thanks to Crohn's talking,

but please don't have Crohn's, OP. It isn't worth it.
>>
>>7486710
I have been trying this, am eating an apple now and rice most meals.
I don't know if it is causing me to lose weight, because I am also not eating as much junk food as I used to because it is too expensive.
I just wake up every morning with stomach pains and then... you know... it kind of burns when it comes out, but I don't eat spicy food. I also am peeing frequently, sometimes multiple times an hour, and drinking way more water than I used to.
It only started after I moved in here, and has been getting worse.

Maybe I should go to the doctor, never even considered it until now.
>>
>>7486730
Maybe the water where you are sucks.
>>
>>7486730
Go to the Dr.
>>
eat more whole wheat bread and beans and low or non fat yogurt is good too. Avoid seeds, peanuts, and other nuts. Avoid cheese. Avoid rice.
>>
>>7486719
If OP has acute diarrhea It's absolutely a good suggestion until OP can get to Dr. Doesn't sound like these things have upset OPs stomach before.
>>
Jesus fuck you faggots, not everyone can afford to spend a thousand dollars to go to a hospital.

Just eat more vegetables. Eat some bananas, they always fix that sort of thing for me.
>>
>>7486784
Op here, doctor is free for me. I just hate doctors.
>>
>>7486787
then eat shit, use the resources provided for you you ungrateful little shit
>>
Boil rice in water with oil and salt. Eat the rice with the soup it produces.
>>
>>7486718
I don't think anon critcized his intelect, more his country poor social/medical coverage, forcing peoples to ask medical advices on a mandarin baduk strategy discussion forum.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.