[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /ck/ think of Julia Child?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: julia-child-620[1].jpg (61 KB, 620x566) Image search: [Google]
julia-child-620[1].jpg
61 KB, 620x566
What does /ck/ think of Julia Child?
>>
>>7486541
She was a great teacher.
>>
wasn't she a cia agent?
>>
>>7486541
Hate her voice and manly body and face. Great cook tho
>>
File: 6052906302_7583dcb879_b.jpg (526 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
6052906302_7583dcb879_b.jpg
526 KB, 1024x768
>>
Meh
>>
>>7486541

10/10
I trust her recipes. Every single recipe of hers that I have made has been fantastic.
>>
File: julia_moot.jpg (6 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
julia_moot.jpg
6 KB, 251x201
>>7486541
Anyone notice a certain resemblance?
>>
Been watching the marathon on twitch nonstop the past few days. She's pretty based.
>>
Homophobic
>>
>>7486767
Source?
>>
File: learn_to_cook__faggot.jpg (74 KB, 298x320) Image search: [Google]
learn_to_cook__faggot.jpg
74 KB, 298x320
>>7486541
FTFY
>>
>>7486541
She's Dead
>>
>>7486541
6'2
>>
>>7486541
My girlfriend of six (6) years was named Julia and my last name is Childs.

This thread makes me sad.
>>
File: Hotel Kyle Question.gif (51 KB, 192x224) Image search: [Google]
Hotel Kyle Question.gif
51 KB, 192x224
>>7486767
And this is a problem because...?
>>
>>7486541
She was brilliant, adventurous, hilarious, and a great chef.
I quote her all the time, she said the best shit. My personal favorite is from one episode of "In Julia's Kitchen with Master Chefs", where she's cooking with someone (can't remember who), and they are adding bourbon to the dish, and the guy says something about it tasting better with the bourbon and Julia, in her warbly, old lady voice says "EVERYTHING is better with bourbon, ah ha ah ha ah ha....." and then dumps a bunch more bourbon in her dish.
>>
>>7490325
Good thing her name is Julia Child.
>>
>>7486547
Dr Goebbels! I'm OSS.

basically.
>>
>original overrated celebrity chef
>never cooked a thing before turning 30
>never worked in real restaurant
>looked like a man

DROPPED
>>
https://youtu.be/RThnq3-d6PY

Watched this again and was reminded of her voice. Jesus did anyone check to make sure she didn't have a penis?

>8 minute video about making omelette
>2 and a half minutes talking about what pan to use
>concluded with "just use a nonstick pan"
>fuckinggenius.jpg
>stuttering like an autist
>tried flipping omelette onto plate so it looks nice
>failed
>try again
>failed
>gave up and just use a fork to fix it
>see how quick and easy that was?

So bad it's almost comical.
>>
Remember that movie with Meryl Streep (sp) and Stanley Tucci? The flashbacks to Julia's time were amazing, but kept getting interrupted by some vapid, neurotic and narcissistic hipster couple.

Should have been a straight up biopic, it would've won Oscars
>>
>>7490325
>My girlfriend of six (6) years

sick pedo fuck
>>
Kinda meh
I mean, she'd be nice to have for a grandma. But I didn't really care too much for her show
>>
>>7486541
I fapt to her in a respectful way.
>>
>>7490320
She's a big girl
>>
>>7492328
for you
>>
>>7491877
this

ZERO experience working in a kitchen under a chef.

but don't take my word, watch these two videos..

Disregard the first segment and focus on the second 'French omelet'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s10etP1p2bU

Then watch Julia making Omelets.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWi3NwDrQok

One worked in a real kitchen cooking hundreds of omelets a day, the other likes to tell you all about how to do it, but cant.
>>
File: This Debones the Chicken.jpg (29 KB, 680x440) Image search: [Google]
This Debones the Chicken.jpg
29 KB, 680x440
>>7486541
Move over bitch
>>
>>7493652
Lol if you think every professional chef does omelettes like Jacques Pepin.
>>
Fat crazy bitch who you would never even know about unless some youtube video came out and memed her up. Bitch had boring recipes too like the rich upper crust snobby cunt she was was.
>>
>>7493652
Kek
Great post my friend.
The difference is so stark it's funny.
So many plebs on this board
>>
>>7494427
You are young. Decades ago after WWII, there was a huge push by food companies to mass market the consumption of prepackaged prepared foods. Almost all cookbooks and information on cooking relied solely on combining prepared ingredients dumped out of a box or a can. Generations of people grew up not knowing how to cook, and not having parents to teach them how to cook as a result. The skill of cooking was no longer considered a commonplace and integral aspect of human culture, but an esoteric activity only the professional could practice. Sadly, a lot of the effects of this persist today. So many people rely on only take out, fast food, microwaving TV dinners, and dumping shit out of cans. Now imagine a world without any home cooks, without cooking TV shows, without cooking youtube videos to counterbalance this. That is the world in which Julia Child never existed. Whatever your personal opinions on the woman are, she deserves our collective respect for helping preserve one of the most fundamental aspects of human civilization in a very large part of the world.
>>
>>7494805
Wow.
This brought a tear my eye.
>>
File: 0168476468.gif (907 KB, 150x113) Image search: [Google]
0168476468.gif
907 KB, 150x113
>>7494805
>>
>>7491948
Julie and Julia. Yes, all my friends agree that the Julie parts ruined the movie. What a cunty person she was/is. It doesn't mention her cheating on and leaving her poor husband as soon as she gets her publishing deal.
>>
>>7493652
It really doesn't matter what you think. She had an amazing presence and took joy in what she did. And she did it first. She made no pretense of being a "chef." That's why the viewers could relate to her. She was at her best when she dropped things and messed up.
>>
>>7494902
>It really doesn't matter what you think.
Those weren't opinions dumbass. They are facts.
>She had an amazing presence
Looked like a man, talked like a man. Yeah great presence alright.
>and took joy in what she did.
Hey I'm sure Michael Bay also takes joy in what he does.
>And she did it first.
Did what first? Was born first? Becomes a celebrity first?
>She made no pretense of being a "chef."
Are you nuts? Her show is literally called "The French Chef"
>That's why the viewers could relate to her. She was at her best when she dropped things and messed up.
Kek yeah just dumb everything down and do a really shitty job so the viewers can relate to you. It's like she created modern television.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.