[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /ck/ hate bacon? It's delicious.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (750 KB, 2056x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
750 KB, 2056x1536
Why does /ck/ hate bacon?
It's delicious.
>>
We don't.
Why do you assume we do?
>>
>>7486043
I love it.
Makes almost any dish better,
>>
>>7486043
I actually don't like bacon that much. There are cuts of pork I think are way better however, garnishing anything in bacon or putting in something will make it sell ten fold, I've come to find that after multiple menus I've worked on
>>
its meme food for redditors. every millennial worships bacon because its "epic xD".

basically its popular so its trash.
>>
>>7486096
is that how it works around here?
>>
>>7486061
>We
Fuck off redditurd
>>
>>7486105
unfortunately, that is EXACTLY how it works around here. everything new, old, popular, obscure or even just existing is a "meme" and that is enough reason for it being bad.
>>
>>7486115
Nice blog post
>>
>>7486115
>my opinions represent all of /ck/
No
>>
I like it, but I fucking how big of a meme food it is with all the retarded fucking XDDDD BACON XDDDDDDDD XD bullshit it spawns.

It's good, but god damn can we stop the memeing already?
>>
>>7486155
this desu senpai
>>
>>7486155
I refuse to eat bacon now just because of all the meme spouting retards
>>
i can't understand why brits think their bacon is better?

it's fucking ham

"american" bacon is one million times better and i'm not even american
>>
>>7486155
I agree with this. Bacon is good, but people are fucking retarded about it as if it's some kind of thing that makes you more interesting or cool.
It's the same thing the internet did to beards, people act like it's some kind of lifestyle when in reality it's one little thing.
>>
>>7486270
Ugh, like I can't even be bothered right now to give a serious response to this
>>
>>7486265
I'm not so sure they do. Although it's not ham. It's back bacon, which is a cut from the loin, and part of the side. Ham is the hind leg of the pig. Side bacon, aka, streaky bacon/pork belly is pretty fucking delicious because smoked/cured pork fat is the shit. Pigs have the same parts everywhere. I don't know what the British do with their pork bellies, but I think American butchers usually separate the fatback into fat for sausages and sell the tenderloin as a lean cut for roasting. Any Brit butchers out there who can tell me where their pork bellies go?
>>
The only bacon that matters to me is Benton's Bacon. Some rural Tennessee guy makes the best bacon and other cured pork products in the world. It's about a 30 minute drive from my grandma's house and you can smell that shit 10 miles out.
>>
>Americans
>thinking they invented anything
>>
>>7488798
we invented the a-bomb, commie scum.
>>
>>7488815
Not strictly true.
>>
Pigs are filthy animals.
>>
File: pepe.jpg (27 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
27 KB, 600x600
>>7488820
>4 or 5 pieces tops
Diabetic, lardy Amerifat detected
>>
>>7488827
>he only eats 4 pieces of bacon
haha I bet you eat other foods with it too, faggot.
>>
>>7488820
>meme
>>
>>7486043
/ck/ is a shithole full of autistic pseudohipsters that worship obscurity and shun anything remotely popular
>>
>>7486115
Nice meme post shitlord
>>
>>7488863
>meme
>>
>>7486043
I have to agree with the other anons. I love a bit of back bacon every now and again, but the food's been memed to hell on the internet, Epic Meal Time being the worst in my opinion.
>>
>>7488798
They invented AIDS. of course they deny everything while claiming to be the good guy. Truly a villain in every sense of the word
>>
>>7488827
>not cooking for all your friends and visitors
I'd get lonely living like you do.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.