[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>frying an egg >always that little bit of egg white uncooked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 1444438252807.gif (516 KB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
1444438252807.gif
516 KB, 371x209
>frying an egg
>always that little bit of egg white uncooked

im so fucking bad at cooking how do i stop this shit
>>
>>7485931
Put a lid. When you stop the cooking put a lid on the pan and let it rest for 1 or 2 minutes.
>>
>>7485931
cook it longer
>>
Fucking hell /ck/, doesn't anyone here even know how to fry an egg?

>cook the egg
>at the end, tilt the pan and with a dessert spoon or a spatula pour or flick the oil over the yolk until the remaining white cooks completely.

>option 2, easy over
>>
>>7485972
is a lid not even easier than splattering oil allover because les-fat-fingers?
>>
>>7485931
flip the egg
>>
>>7485972
>use a spoon

just flip in using the pan? damn guys get it together
>>
>>7486004
Yes, you just spoon the hot oil over the yolk a few times and it kinda goes white which means there's no runny white to gross you out while you eat
>>
>>7485978
You might overcook the yolk that way
>>
>>7486004
Yes also, because the less experienced chef might flick hot oil over himself if he uses a spatula. And that wouldn't be nice.
>>
>>7485983
Yes, that's easy over
>>
>heat pan
>use butter stick to form a little circle wherever you're going to put an egg
>crack it in
>use the corner of a spatula to break apart the cooked white on the bottom, allowing the uncooked to flow into the hole
>salt and pepper
>toss in an ice cube
>put on a lid

Wa La!
>>
>>7485931
Put your egg 3 minutes in boiling water. It's the best way to cook an egg.
>>
>>7485931
Wait until that bit of egg white finishes cooking before removing it from the heat.
>>
For tomorrow's breakfast I want to bake an egg in the oven inside a polenta box, is 30 minutes at 350°F/180°C a good estimation?
>>
>>7485931
put a lid, let steam for a min
>>
>>7486222
>Wa La
Voila, ftfy

It's also easier to just turn the thing over in a nonstick pan and let the other side cook that way.
>>
>>7488420
"wa la" is a forced meme.
>>
File: 1454205563469.jpg (99 KB, 858x622) Image search: [Google]
1454205563469.jpg
99 KB, 858x622
>>7488426

Being aware of "wa la" and yet correcting it is also a forced meme
>>
>>7488632
Jack
The ultimate forced meme.
>guise, guise, he left the burner on, OMG LMAO rofl kek
>>
File: 1428441095205.jpg (24 KB, 436x462) Image search: [Google]
1428441095205.jpg
24 KB, 436x462
>>7488420
>>7488420
is reddit down?
>>
>>7486194
I hate when retards ask for their eggs easy over rather than the standard over easy
>>
Has anyone else tried deepfried eggs? You just put the whole egg in a fryer and watch very closely for it starting to sink. As soon as it reaches about midway down through the oil, it's ready and you can pull it out (don't use your bare hands). You have to watch them very carefully, if they reach the bottom then they can come out overcooked.
>>
Cut it into four quarters and season it before you cook it. That way the heat will be more evenly distributed while you're becoming a master flavourer.
>>
>>7489046
>Don't use your hands

Gosh, why?
>>
>>7488426
I don't know the meme "wa la" personally but isn't that just a poor attempt to spell "voila"? Or is that the idea of it and I am retarded?
>>
>>7489031
I actually appreciate you clarifying this because I have never heard "easy over" before (and it makes no sense) so when I read that as "option 2", I completely missed what was being described.
>>
>>7489046
What does this even amount to? Oily egg pieces?
>>
>>7489429
>Or is that the idea of it and I am retarded?
this
>>
>>7489434
well i lived and worked in restaurants on the west coast for for most of my life.
eggs were always "over easy" "over hard" "over medium"
recently had to move to flyoverland and i now have customers asking for "easy over" or even more retarded they dont know what "sunny side" means. they dont even understand "over hard" when they want the yolks set and not runny. 90% of the time they just ask for "fried eggs"
i basically have to play 20 questions with them to get their order correct.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.