[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's the big deal with sprouts right now? Are they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: jimmy-johns-sprouts.jpg (146 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
jimmy-johns-sprouts.jpg
146 KB, 500x375
So what's the big deal with sprouts right now?

Are they really that big of a risk to eat?
>>
>>7485837
Is this something recent?
Haven't heard about that.
What's the risk supposed to be?
>>
>>7485837

Wait, what? I thought JJ's got rid of sprouts years ago. Damn shame too, they made the giant veggie club worth eating.
>>
File: slowpoke.png (103 KB, 342x279) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke.png
103 KB, 342x279
>>7485843
They did.
>wah wah e. coli scare
So, they just got rid of them and went about their way
>>
>>7485841
nothing that big lately. http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/25/health/alfalfa-sprouts-e-coli/

but it seems like these stories pop up pretty frequently.
>>
This reminds me of when Taco Bell got rid of black olives and green onions. Bring them back :(
>>
>>7485837
I buy sprouts exclusively from Brussels.
>>
>>7485843
Yeah man, fuck that. Ruined beach club too.
>>
>>7485843
i had jimmy johns last week and there were sprouts, you just have to ask for them and they give you a warning
>>
>>7485858
Bring back the people who got rid of them?
>>
>>7485837
One processor wasn't sanitizing stuff properly.
This sort of thing happens on almost a yearly basis with all kinds of vegetables.
>>
>>7485837
If paranoid Americans would irradiate their foods this wouldn't be a problem.
>>
File: 1458343327042.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1458343327042.gif
3 MB, 200x150
>>7485837
>Jimmy Johns
>>
so easy to just grow yourself http://www.instructables.com/id/Toilet-Tank-Bean-Sprouter/
>>
>>7487354
Most likely the grossest thing I've seen this side of 2016.
>>
>"Like any fresh produce that is consumed raw or lightly cooked, sprouts may contain bacteria that can cause foodborne illness. Warm and humid conditions used for sprouting are also ideal for the growth of bacteria, including Salmonella, Listeria, and E. coli. Any bacteria present can multiply dramatically during the sprouting process."

So what the story really is about is shitty food hygiene practices? Okay.
>>
>>7487354
What the actual fuck.

We aren't living in the God Damn wasteland post nuclear apocalypse this shit is unnecessary.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.