[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on Fish Oil /ck/. Is it just a meme or does it actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: sn-fishoil.jpg (83 KB, 940x675) Image search: [Google]
sn-fishoil.jpg
83 KB, 940x675
Redpill me on Fish Oil /ck/.

Is it just a meme or does it actually provide health benefits?
>>
Fuck off /pol/
>>
>>7485718

>/pol/

you realise that "redpill" is a common expression right?
>>
>>7485926
Fuck off normalfag REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>7485714
It's snake oil. http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-fish-oil-just-snake-oil/
>>
>>7485926

It's not really

>>7485714

I actually have no idea, but I will say this, do not take them on an empty stomach

Its like a time bomb of vomit, took one with some water then 15 minutes later I have the worst nausea ever, pull over and vomit nasty fish oil water
>>
>>7485926
>hurr im not pedophile im ephebophile!
honestly, kill yourself
>>
>>7485714
the healthier alternative to smearing mercury in your face.
>>
>>7485930
>taking capsules of it

That shit turns rancid just from the process of putting it in gel caps. Buy a good quality bottle of fish oil and you won't have that problem.
>>
>>7485936

It had never been an issue because I took them with a meal, never felt queasy or had a fishy taste, but it all went to shit
>>
>>7485936
the pills are fine, you just have to look at the expiration date, buy based on published lab test results, and preferably keep it in the fridge. also the stuff with added vitamin e are more resistant to problems.
>>
>>7485932
Wrong thread, anon?
>>
>>7485714
If it has any health benefits, i feel flax seed will have the same, but i still like them.
>>
File: 1458404106187.jpg (183 KB, 1024x887) Image search: [Google]
1458404106187.jpg
183 KB, 1024x887
>>7485718
>>
So basically, it gives a bunch of shit because modern humans barely eat fish in proper amounts.
Since Fish oil is mostly just processed cod liver, its not all the fish oil. But its still pretty good in terms of coverage.

The main benefit is for joints. The notable secondary benefit is that it improves your vitamin enrichment when you bathe in sunlight.
>>
When my grandma was young, teachers used to stand infront of the school with a bottle of fish oil and a spoon, and every kid going in had to take it. back then there were no meals at school as food wasn't so available.
Since their fat intake was pretty low and they were all growing boys and girls they had to take the fish oil so their bones don't hurt and their muscles stay strong to keep up with the growth spurs. My dad gave me and my brother fish oil reguraly when we had growth spurs.
So take this as you wish..
>>
Why not just eat fish?
>>
>>7486298
I've never liked fish other than shellfish, I never liked the fishy taste, and now I don't even know where I'd start.
>>
I've had some joint problems and it definitely helps to alleviate that
>>
>>7486317
are you by any chance in a landlocked state?
>>
>>7486290
Wrong.
In early modern times(pre ww1) fish was a dietary staple because canned fish was insanely cheap
Post ww1, other things had gotten canned, and food transportation was improved.
So people ate less fish.
To the point where bone density and a few other things became shit.
So the counter reaction was literally Fish Oil, as a working counter measure.

It has nothing to do with dietary fat.
>>
File: 177357786_XS.jpg (24 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
177357786_XS.jpg
24 KB, 400x300
>>7485714
Fish oil is great for you. Canned sardines are even better
>>
>>7486290
Well how tall are you?
>>
File: kids-5-chicken-mcnuggets.jpg (50 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
kids-5-chicken-mcnuggets.jpg
50 KB, 600x400
>>7486317
>healthy food is icky

Put down the chicken nuggies and plain cheeseburgers and put on your big boy pants.
>>
there is a correlation between men who develop prostate cancer having high omega 3 levels

so, maybe not as healthy as people would have you believe
>>
>>7485714
Cod liver is cool.
>>
My ex-GF is studying Biomed and her research found out that fish oil helps to fight diabetes.
>>
>>7486180
I know my elderly dad has joint problems and takes the stuff.
>>
>>7485926
Based on some trannys' movie.
>>
>>7485929
Real snake oil was actually healthy for similar reasons of omega 3 oils and the current usage of the term evolved from scammers passing off fake concoctions of whatever they had available as snake oil.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.