[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder it is more more moral to eat beef than eggs >che
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: Chart.jpg (85 KB, 716x200) Image search: [Google]
Chart.jpg
85 KB, 716x200
Reminder it is more more moral to eat beef than eggs
>checkmate egg eating vegetarians
>http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/want-to-kill-fewer-animals-give-up-eggs-not-meat/
>>
The number of animals killed is not a very good way to gauge morality. Eating billions of ants is more moral than killing a cow or a pig.
>>
File: hey wait a minute.gif (3 MB, 257x212) Image search: [Google]
hey wait a minute.gif
3 MB, 257x212
Morals go right out the window when you're hungry. After watching that movie about the Chilean rugby team crashing in the Andes and resorting to cannibalism, my friend asked me how long I could go without food before I ate another person. I said...

Lunch.
>>
You're not including the bacteria genocide I inflict every day on my yogurt, pickles, cheese, and beer.
>>
I dont think you understand the that these chicks would never hatch. They're not fertilized.
>>
I don't give a shit about animals, all of these city-dwelling assholes have apparently never experienced firsthand how fucking stupid and pointless chickens are. That doesn't even cover the monumentally retarded premise that you can quantify "morality" by counting deaths. "Ethics" is the most pathetic field ever concocted and a stain on philosophy.
>>
>>7485402
This.
>>
>>7485402
>>7485467
The animal death they are talking about with regards to egg production is the laying hen, not the actual eggs. Did you even glance at the image OP posted?
>>
>>7485253
Which episode was that talked about in?
>>
>>7485267

And to think I was debating about finishing these chicken nuggets...
>>
>>7485532
Relax those ones grounded up are males, we don't eat those
>>
Lacto-ovo vegetarians are like sewer mutants from the 80s.
>>
another chart:

http://www.animalvisuals.org/projects/data/1mc
>>
>>7485267
Damn I have seen so much gore over the years on 4chan but I've never felt quite so disturbed at watching a gif desu
>>
Reminder that is not moral to animal products
>>
>>7485267
Wh... what do they do with the meat :(
>>
>>7485239
>it is more more moral to eat beef than eggs
but mushrooms are the most morel food of all
>>
>>7486431
Didn't a dumbass chef kill a few people with raw amateurly harvested false morels served alongside alcohol?
>>
>>7486402
They use them for fertillisers, animal and other stuff.
>>
>>7486397
Reminder you're a faggot
>>
>>7485253
It was the uruguayan team.
>>
File: startrunning.gif (2 MB, 303x277) Image search: [Google]
startrunning.gif
2 MB, 303x277
>>7485239
this chart is shit. it just counts the calories for their eggs but not the laying hen meat, which is used for the same things as broiler chicken meat. if anything we should give up broiler chickens as they kill the most animals per calories, but then tell me, could you kill a cow or a pig and prepare the cuts? chicken is like fish, even amateurs can do it and they won't feel bad afterwards, because it still matters what animals we kill, if it didn't we would certainly eat dogs and cats too. with the new technology coming this year that can detect male chicks after 3 days in the incubator even killing the little male chicks will not be an issue anymore. but for me the most important factor is still quality of life for the animal, and free-range eggs are pretty much cruelty free and cheap enough for me to buy regulary, while organic meat is out of the question most of the time, so eggs it is. second factor is nutrition, meat is full of shit that will give you deseases, even the organic non-hormone stuff so with the exception of chicken and fish pretty unhealthy if consumed regulary. i like beef the most but i rarely eat it because of that. fish and eggs all the way if you want to be healthy. just skip the carnivourus fish like tuna and you're good. also don't listen to those pseudo scientists telling you eggs are unhealthy because colesterol or some shit.
>>
>>7485267
When will they breed hens to lay females only like Calico cats?
>>
>>7485250
this should have been /thread but hey, you people will argue about anything
>>7486402
they feed them to other chickens, then when the resulting horrifying diseases jump to other species including humans, meat industry shills go into full denial mode

reminder that shills who pretend that the only reason to want less factory farming is because "vegans want to save the cuddly animals" are just that: shills. they should be put into ovens where they belong.
>>
>>7485250
True but what other good measure is there?
>>
>>7491740

Calico cats don't have only female kittens anon.
>>
>>7485267
Very humane.
>>
>>7492264
Male calico are rare.. I don't mean that they'll be all female but less ground up male chicks sounds good
>>
>>7485560
>we don't eat those

What does? The other chickens? I can't imagine we just throw the baby chick paste out.
>>
>>7485250

Eating billions of ants is actually significantly more immoral than killing a cow or a pig. There isn't a measurable difference between the value of an ant's life and the value of a livestock animal's life.

There are people who wouldn't blink while killing a spider but would cry if they were to kill a mammal just because we can better see a mammal's facial features and emotional responses. Have you ever tried to kill an ant and missed? They scurry furiously so you know they're scared as shit. No different if you tried to kill a cow or pig and missed.
>>
>>7485239
I eat em both, fuck y'all.
>>
>>7493863
There is a valid argument to be made for the idea that arthropods, especially small ones like ants, do not have the brain capacity (when they have something that can be properly categorized as a brain at all) to feel emotions in a way that is comparable to the human experience.This isn't to say they don't have nocioception or a fear response, but there doesn't really appear to be a mind to actually be traumatized by the experiences. This is harder to make for vertebrates, especially for mammals whose brains all share the same basic structures as ours.

If we're making the moral assumption that eating animals is bad because it causes them pain, and we're making the assumption that pain is bad based on our own experience of it, we don't have a particularly valid way to extend that to ants.
>>
>>7485239

So dairy cows and hens aren't used for meat when they've fulfilled their use?

I figured they'd at least grind them up and use them for McDonald's tier beef and chicken.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.