[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your secret shame, /ck/? That dish that barely makes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 26
File: spaghettios.jpg (3 MB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
spaghettios.jpg
3 MB, 3872x2592
What's your secret shame, /ck/? That dish that barely makes the definition of food that nobody else likes but you eat and actually enjoy?

Pic is mine. Love those shitty, processed rat testicles.
>>
Bologna

I love a good Bologna sandwhich.

>"ew, how can you eat that.. You know what that's made out of?"
>>
>>7484522
McDonalds.

Those tiny-ass onions on the McDouble. Hngggg.
>>
>>7484547
Bologna on the shittiest white bread with ketchup just tastes like childhood. I understand anon.
>>
>>7484547
generic american bologna is shit unless fried, but real bologna is actually good
>>
>>7484575
Ugh. That makes me remember a friend of mine when I was in elementary school. His mom made him a sandwich for lunch every day, alternating between bologna and ketchup or mustard and cheese, on plain white bread.

Fucking gross.
>>
Old fashioned Pear Salad, the kind 50s housewives made. My grandmother used to make it all the time, and I make it for myself now, but only when no one else is home, so I don't get made fun of. Frankly, it's fucking DELICIOUS.
>>
>>7484547
>Be American
>Call Mortadella "bologna"
>Pronounce bologna as "ba low knee"
>Get shot
>>
>>7484575
Exactly 10/10
>>
Lebenon bologna.
Eat a metric shit ton of it when I go back to PA to visit.
Can't find it on the west coast.
>>
tuna mac. burger mac.

Yum
>>
>>7484584
I've never heard of it. How did your grandmother make it?
>>
>>7484578
White bread, mayo, Bologna, cheese

I'm in heaven.
>>
Movie theatre/stadium nachos. That processed cheese goo.
>>
>>7484582
Not all of us were privileged rich kids
>>
>>7484522
Like I care.
>>
>>7484625
here's a song about your life bruh
https://youtu.be/_1ezgx688Qs
>>
>>7484611
Same. They are decadent. I love them smothered in that processed cheese sauce loaded with jalapeño.

That last soggy chip that had been softened with cheese was the best
>>
>>7484634
people think I'm a wuss for not liking jalepenos on my nachos, but really I just hate the pickled ones, gimme some fresh diced ones to sprinkle on there and I"m golden
>>
>>7484637
We like what we like. I don't think it's weird at all.
>>
>>7484634
The real best is taking popcorn and scooping up the remnants of the nacho sauce with it.
>>
>>7484640
Yes!!! That or using the concession French fries. Jesus, it brings back memories.

So good.
>>
File: 1413420175902.gif (1 MB, 250x199) Image search: [Google]
1413420175902.gif
1 MB, 250x199
Kraft Dinner

As is, hot dog plebs need not apply.
>>
>>7484522
I agree with op except I'm more of a canned ravioli guy.
>>
File: 1445306292666.jpg (220 KB, 1012x1060) Image search: [Google]
1445306292666.jpg
220 KB, 1012x1060
>>7484522
Peanut butter and jelly. I probably eat one every day.
>>
>>7484602
Gotta add Doritos.
>>
>>7484587

Mercian here. Bologna is not the same as Mortadella. Mortadella is edible.
>>
>>7484697

Still Merican here. My shame food is really fucking dirty boxmade (velveeta skillets mothafucka) beef stroganoff, I use cream in it and a pound of cheese. Then I pile it into a popcorn bowl and go eat it in my closet.
>>
Potted meat on saltines
>>
>>7484673
You know it
>>
>>7484657
Nobody wants to admit they ate nine cans of ravioli

But I did, and I'm ashamed of myself
>>
>>7484587
I like to pronounce it as "blow me"
>>
File: SANY0314.jpg (2 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
SANY0314.jpg
2 MB, 3072x2304
Smoked dark meat turkey, sweet baby ray's bbq sauce and pulverized spicy sweet chili doritos.

Looks like a plate of vomit but my god is it good.
>>
>>7484720
>pulverized spicy sweet chili doritos
gtfo
>>
>>7484720
I'd eat it
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 517x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 517x600
Girl Scout cookies.

Thin Mint and Samoa's
>>
File: riblets.jpg (38 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
riblets.jpg
38 KB, 450x450
I fucking love these.
>>
>>7484656
>not putting chopped hot-dogs in your KD
Shameful.

At least, tell me you eat it with ketchup. Please.
>>
>>7484584
Recipe?
>>
>>7484598
>>7485095
Sorry for the late reply, I was out.
Anyway, my grandmother would make it using fresh pears during pear season, but used canned pear halves the rest of the year. Now, before I type this out, bear in mind this was a mid-century recipe, and you know what those are like. But, the combination of flavors is delicious. I'll give you the basics.
>either canned pear halves or ripe European pears (because you want them to be fairly soft, so they are easy to cut, but Asian pears taste delicious with it too), cleaned, cored, and halved
>mayonnaise (it's better with homemade, but otherwise use a good quality mayonnaise
>sharp cheddar cheese
>green leaf or butter lettuce
>salt

Lay leaves of green leaf or butter lettuce in a circle on your plate, and sprinkle lightly with salt. Place drained canned pear halves or fresh cut ripe pear halves on the plate, cored side up. Put a small spoonful of mayonnaise in the depression left from the core, and then sprinkle with grated sharp cheddar cheese.
You can also sprinkle with a bit of paprika, some people used to put a maraschino cherry on top (but who eats those anymore? Formaldehyde anyone?) Or half a pecan or walnut on top (this would be my preference).
That's it. It's like a weird 50s version of a Waldorf salad, but using pears and cheese instead of apples and grapes. (I love Waldorf salad, too, so I guess I'm a weirdo.)
>>
>>7484701
>Then I pile it into a popcorn bowl and go eat it in my closet.

Okay.....huh....THAT'S the really fucked part.
I mean, yeah, that's some shit tier junk food....but eating it in the closet? That just makes you freaky.
>>
>>7484828
On-Cor sounds like a company that sells chemicals. Or maybe they do logistics for oil drilling. But they certainly don't make food. At least not the kind for humans
>>
>>7484828
Had these a lot growing up,but they used to come with thick barbecue sauce that was red in color and then in the last few years changed it to some brown see through thin runny sauce shit. I think they're the same company that makes the chicken patties with cheese inside and marina sauce? Still like those.
>>
>>7484587
Mortadella is mortadella, never experienced anyone mix the two up. One has bits and pieces of shit in it and actually can be eaten alone, the other needs the cheapest shittiest white bread and some mayo to be edible, cause my childhooood. I buy a variety of coldcuts to make large sandwiches, guilty of adding a bit of bologna to them, but you know there's so much ham, salami, turkey, headcheese and other cold cuts, just does it for me with a little bologna.
>>
el monterey burritos in the freezer section

heat it up, let it sit in the microwave a minute, then nuke it another minute to get rid of that cold spot in the middle

good stuff
>>
>>7484590
I lived in pennsylvania too and I also miss lebanon bologna

I will also fill up the car trunk with peach nehi whenever I visit friends down south. I live in minnesota and nobody here has heard of peach pop. maybe 1 convenience store in 100 will carry peach faygo here. and forget about nehi. I asked a clerk once if she could order it in, she made a note of it and spelled it "knee high" like it was a sock.
>>
>>7484657
My boi chef bouyardee got your back man
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 450x450
Maruchan spicy chicken ramen noodles.

I love these things. Also, like many others a bologna and cheese sandwich on white bread.
>>
>>7485802
these surprised with with how fucking spicy it was
>>
>>7485806
Yes, me too. I only eat this flavor. I usually have to have a glass of milk whenever I eat these because of the spice.

I used to eat just the plain chicken flavor but I don't like them anymore...the spicy ones are the best IMO
>>
>>7484547
Fried Bologna and an over easy egg sammich on white bread.
>>
Peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwich
Usually about half as much mayo as peanut butter
>>
>>7485802
An oriental Pocky shop has this and Shin noodles and I was not sure if they were much different than the store brand dry noodles. Are the wet ones worth getting? They're in a pack
>>
>>7485823
I would love one of those right now.

>>7485827
My brother eats these. I've tasted it but don't understand the appeal. It tastes awful to me. I'll eat a peanut butter and marshmallow cream sandwhich tho. ( peanut butter and fluff is what we call them)
>>
These greasy devils
>>
>>7484714
Go home Ricky, you're stoned.
>>
>>7485829
Sorry, Never had the wet ones so idk. The dry spicy chicken noodles that you add water to and cook are good though.
>>
>>7485115
My mother made this exact same thing, something about the sweetness of the pear and the mayo.... Nostalgia!
>>
File: not a pizza.jpg (493 KB, 2000x1349) Image search: [Google]
not a pizza.jpg
493 KB, 2000x1349
layers from top to bottom
>sauce
>jalapeno and green bell pepper
>ground beef
>mozarella
alternatively thick crust pizza with beef, red onion and bbq sauce
I'm not a lardass
>>
Hot Italian sausage and Ragu sauce over spaghetti. I eat it once per week. Thinking about stopping though, because there is a fuckton of disgusting fat and grease that cooks out.
>>
>>7485852
I actually enjoy the Ragu Old Style mixed with pasta and a bit of butter. Reminds me of days when I had little to no money.
>>
>>7485830
>I would love one of those right now.

They are quite good, especially of you can get bologna that isn't pre sliced and you can make it as thick as you want. The egg oozes into the bread. Rather messy, but in a good way.
I think I will make one now.
>>
leftover meatloaf sandwiches
>thick slices of meatloaf
>ketchup
>mayo
>kraft singles
they're the shit
>>
File: miracle.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
miracle.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>7484575
This is the only condiment that should be on a bologna sandwich
>>
>chicken filet, croquettes, applesauce
>deliberately cut sloppy during meal
>scrape hard fried pieces of chicken/spices, croquette shell bits, leftover applesauce together
>add a bit of mayo, mix, enjoy
Or even better, save a croquette, hollow it out, and fill it with the mix.
>>
>>7485831
one of the best things to get from ihop
>>
>>7484522
Pickle juice popsicles
>>
spaghetti/tagliatelle with chopped bacon, crispy fried onions and a shit ton of olive oil and parmesan
>>
Microwave nachos motherfucker
>>
>>7484661

That's not a guilty pleasure, literally everyone loves PBJ.

Especially if you toast that shit.
>>
File: sedge-grass-stems.jpg (104 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
sedge-grass-stems.jpg
104 KB, 750x563
Grass stems. Maize is delicious
>>
>>7484673
My sister used to make Doritos sandwiches. White bread, Doritos, and ketchup. It always disgusted me.
>>
After frying food I don't wash the pan but leave it for a few hours. When I'm hungry later I get a piece of soft white bread and wipe the all fat and meat juices with it and eat it.
>>
File: 2016-03-19-11-11-30--19992629.jpg (7 KB, 220x229) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-19-11-11-30--19992629.jpg
7 KB, 220x229
>>7486254
As a landscaper I must say, fuck sedge
>>
>Grandma has alzheimer
>Because so many ppl live here we are "Poor as fuck"
>Government program gives grandma shitty milk and soups
>Nobody wants that shit so its always in the pantry
>prepare the soups whenever i'm high and having munchies

Should i feel bad?
>>
File: Cool-Cat.jpg (80 KB, 319x500) Image search: [Google]
Cool-Cat.jpg
80 KB, 319x500
>>7486023
Mein nigger......
>>
generic canned cream of mushroom soup with like practically a whole package of plain unsalted crackers mixed into it. love that shit even though it has like no nutritional value.
>>
File: fuckoff.jpg (127 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
fuckoff.jpg
127 KB, 400x400
>>7485911
>>
I freaking love these things so damn much.
>>
Toast with mustard. Give it a try
>>
>>7484522
Fish bun from a Chinese bakery. Basically a sweet, soft yeast bread sandwich with a fried fish fillet (probably trash like tilapia), a slice of cucumber, a lettuce leaf and a dab of mayo. Sold wrapped in plastic wrap for $1.95. Fucking love them.
>>
>>7486023
>>7486362
Corner store up the road sells these in little solo cups for 50cents. People are always buying them.
>>
>>7486326
i did too but replace ketchup with mustard and/or mayo
>>
File: k-bigpic.jpg (257 KB, 970x546) Image search: [Google]
k-bigpic.jpg
257 KB, 970x546
I put these in my drinks instead of ice cubes (plastic off)
>>
>>7486378
You even picked the best flavor. There's something about that crispy crust and shit grade quality of ingredients that gets me coming back.
>>
>>7484522
Liver
Fuck me, I love liver, especially Reindeer.
>>
>>7484590
>>7485341
What is Lebanon Bologna? I mean how is it different than regular store or deli Bologna? Never even heard of it.
>>
>>7486254
non-native english speaker here. so maize is the stem of corn? or what?
>>
>>7486495
Kind of like summer sausage, but less fatty and more powerfully flavored.
>>
>>7486454
Pop ice are addictive. I go thru phases of eating them. When I'm in the mood for them, which is usually hot summer pool side , or cotton mouth stoned, I'll eat like 10 in a row.
>>
>>7486500
Maize is the non-merrican way of saying corn.
>>
>>7486502
Man, that sounds good. I'd love to try it. I'm in Texas and have no idea where I could even find it. I'll keep an eye out at meat markets for it now. Thanks.
>>
>>7486519
It's pretty regional to PA, but being a smoked, fermented beef sausage it's very much in line with Texan taste. You can buy it online and have it shipped to you. Get a few friends together, some bread, mustard, beer and pickles and have a fucking party.
>>
>>7486537
Oh cool, thanks. I didn't know this. I'll totally order some online. Is there a certain brand I should look for or is Lebanon Bologna just Lebanon Bologna?
Gonna search this out now and order. Can't wait to try it, lol. Thanks again, anon.
>>
>>7486544
Just called my bro in PA, and he recommends Setzer's.

Fuck, now I want some, too, and the stuff isn't particularly common where I live.
>>
>>7485831
oh fuck do i love those things, hate to eat them but my god are deep fried shitty susug deluicous
>>
>>7486565

>first Google result

Just ordered some from Seltzers PA website, fuck I can't wait to try it. I know ima love it. Thanks mang!

Incase anyone else wants to try

http://www.seltzerslebanon.com
>>
>>7484575
oscar-mayer bologna on wonderbread with land o lakes yellow american and yellow mustard for me. I have a friend who swears by the ketchup though. He still eats it to this day despite being a software engineer/solutions analyst who will probably out earn me to my dying day
>>
File: image.jpg (270 KB, 1800x1012) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
270 KB, 1800x1012
>>7484522
The one and only Twinkie is my secret shame. Processed sweet goodness filled with processed cream. Yes please!
>>
Hamburger helper. I grew up poor and ate it alot now I find it oddly comforting.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 450x450
This. I use it as coney sauce, substitute for spaghetti sauce, a nacho do if you add cream cheese and onions and bake it, and as an upgraded version of the Chilto/chili cheese burrito.

Not sure where all the hate comes from. I suspect it's eurofags pissing on all the unique items they have no access to, and therefore no legitimate opinion of. Or maybe chili trolls, but they are just as retarded since Skyline in fact meets the definition of chili. Meat, spices, and no beans.
>>
I'm 27 and still love blue box mac'n'cheese. fight me.
>>
a classic hotdog on a shitty bun, cooked on a pan with some mustard and mayonnaise is my favorite all time food
ive been to a couple of meme shitty overpriced DINERS DRIVINS N DIVES that charged me 30+ $ on some meals that i didnt like as much as a nice hotdog
>>
>>7487479
This and I also really like corn dogs.
>>
>>7485863
>Ragu Old Style
soybean oil
>>
>>7485852
>Ragu sauce
soybean oil. literally the worst ingredient next to sugar.
>>
File: sprinkles.jpg (525 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
sprinkles.jpg
525 KB, 1600x1200
I like to eat straight up sprinkles when I'm sad or stressed.
They make me fell fine and remind me that all's good.
>>
>>7485337

>el monterey burritos

Yup.
>>
File: image.jpg (250 KB, 1077x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
250 KB, 1077x1600
One can Beefaroni and one box of Kraft Mac and Cheese. I've only done it like 3 times in my life because it's so insane but god damn is it good
>>
>>7487960
are those considered sprinkles? i thought they were nonpareils
>>
>>7484596
>>7484522
I make a box of mac n cheese and add half a jar of tikka masala and 1/2lb ground beef.
I would never serve it to anyone, but it fills me up and tastes good!
>>
>>7487960
You're not alone, bro. It's like eating your childhood. I know that feel.
>>
I microwave pepperoni and eat them like chips.
>>
>>7487406
but bre, chili NEEDS beans.
>>
File: bacos.jpg (23 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
bacos.jpg
23 KB, 355x355
Those Baco Bits the facke bacon kind that are some kind of soy product. I used to eat spoon fulls of them
>>
Breakfast sandwiches at convenience stores. They're fucking great when in a pinch.
>>
>>7488101
>tfw mom used to make this really unhealthy shit
>take pepperoni(has to be hormel pepperoni)
>take townhouse butter crackers
>take shredded sharp cheddar cheese
>put in oven for 10 minutes
>take out and cut it into sections preferably square like brownies

it was like a pile of grease and probably clogged our arteries real good as kids but damn it was good
when i got older i experimented by doing that and covering each section with a slice of turkey lunch meat and it was bretty gud
havent made it since though since dieting and trying to be healthy and all that
>>
>>7484828

on-cor is my poverty rival

that exact product makes me so fucking mad
>>
>>7486356
Dude bought this same exact box to kill the sedge on my summer home lawn. You can dig up the nut like bulb that sedge has a few feet underground and eat it, thinking about doing this cause it pisses me off to no ends.
>>
File: 0007790033531_A.jpg (49 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
0007790033531_A.jpg
49 KB, 380x380
Who /GOATsnack/ here?

>tfw covering them in syrup
>>
>>7488164
i wish i knew how to make the batter for these things
>>
>>7488186
wow if only you could some how look up this information
>>
>I’m tired of people acting like they are better than McDonald’s. It’s like, you may have never set a foot in McDonald’s, but you have your own McDonald’s, maybe instead of buying a Big Mac, you read Us Weekly. Hey, that’s still McDonald’s. It’s just served up a little different. Maybe your McDonald’s is telling yourself that Starbucks Frappuccino is not a milk shake or maybe you watch Glee.

It's okay to like bad things as long as you're not trying to tell people they're super perfect or something. Honesty. I figure everyone has some bad habits.

I've got a weakness for Chef Boyardee for sure, Spaghettios, Ravioli, and Beefaroni all alike. And I'm fucking italian.

I also genuinely like those orange marshmallow peanut candies. I don't get the hate but I can't explain their appeal either. I just like them.
>>
>>7488194
;_;
>>
>>7488197
This.
Everyone has their own weird shit they like, but the difference is knowing you like shit and somehow trying to justify your weird shit.
>>
File: puritan.jpg (61 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
puritan.jpg
61 KB, 800x800
I post this in all of these threads.
I love it with some vermicelli or rice.
>>
>>7484547
weirdest thing...
bologna sandwich: not good
lettuce: not flavorful
bologna sandwich + lettuce = great sandwich
>>
I've eaten this when I have absolutely a budget funny thing the say 25% more meat and real ingredients!" Woopie on the box.
>>
>>7488243
>real ingredients

it must suck being american.
>>
>>7488271
Kek all American dinner right here
>>
Campbells Cream of Broccoli soup

I'm devouring a bowl right now
>>
>>7487402
With you on this one. It's shit tier, but every once in awhile I buy a box and fuck does it taste good.
>>
Those deli rotisserie chickens you get at grocery stores. No matter how I roast my chickens they never come out the same damn way.

I suppose I should just ask the deli employees what spices they're using the next time I get one. Like they give a fuck if I replicate it.
>>
ramen noodles, they're just fast and easy when I'm too lazy to make pasta
>>
meatball speghettio is awesome, OP

pic related is my favvie "guilty pleasure"

ive gone through 4 in one sitting before. would have had more if i wasnt worried about having a heart attack if i did
>>
>>7488350
They use a lot of salt and sugar. Likely MSG as well.
>>
White bread, Tabasco, then quite a bit of pepper.
>>
>>7488659
Almost forgot the Vegemite
>>
>>7485821
I often have the plain chicken ones but add soy, mirin, trice wine vinegar and sesame oil
>>
File: 1458349087875.jpg (68 KB, 521x499) Image search: [Google]
1458349087875.jpg
68 KB, 521x499
>>7484522
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.