[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can hot dogs be boiled without them tasting like rubber? Things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
Can hot dogs be boiled without them tasting like rubber? Things have always been nast unless I take one right off the grill.
>>
>>7483842
Sure.

1) you don't want them to actually boil, just keep the liquid hot (at a bare simmer). cooking them at an actual boil will make the texture rubbery.

2) don't use plain water, cook them in something flavorful like broth or beer. If you don't have either then at least season your water or toss in a bullion cube.
>>
>>7483842
Wtf type of hotdogs you buying? Some like boars head are precooked and just need to be heated up. I do remember as a kid Oscar Meyer dogs turning rubbery and tasting like crap when I'd boil them up, but wtf did I know, was like 10yrs old.
>>
File: 1432958289426.jpg (40 KB, 500x417) Image search: [Google]
1432958289426.jpg
40 KB, 500x417
>>7483842
Maybe you boiled them too long.

I have a question, does boiling hotdogs in beer with onions make any difference flavor wise? Some people say it doesn't do shit.
>>
>>7483853

Aren't pretty much all hot dogs cooked? "boiling" is just a common way of heating them up.
>>
>>7483855
>I have a question, does boiling hotdogs in beer with onions make any difference flavor wise?

Of course. You can easily taste the difference. Try it and see for yourself.
>>
Theres more processed food on /ck/ than real food. I came here with the impression that you guys eat filet mignon and drink wine everyday. Fuck this board.
>>
>>7483877
>I had a misconception.
>THIS IS YOUR FAULT, FUCK YOU!
I share in your frustration that a lot of shit is posted on this board, but calm your tits mate.
>>
>>7483842
what is the purpose of cooking hot dogs in water anyway?

I always just toss my doggos in a frying pan
>>
>>7483911
No splatter
>>
>>7483936

They don't splatter in a pan either.

Oh wait, you're too retarded to know that you need to wipe foods dry before putting them into a pan with oil in order to prevent splattering.
>>
>>7483874
I have tried them, but I've never taken the same brand hot dogs and tried both ways to see the difference. The only plain boiled ones I've had were from shitty hot dog carts. I usually eat the boarshead hot dogs with the thick casing, preferably grilled.

I can't imagine the beer significantly penetrating the casing. I've just seen a lot of people say it makes very little difference. Some people grill them first and then let them sit in the boiled down beer and onions, I'd like to try that sometime.
>>
>>7483944
Meat releases water when heated. Have you ever cooked?
>>
>>7483867
Not all, no, usually says so on the package.
>>
>>7483842

Hot dogs are just barely food. Grilling helps a lot but they're still just barely food.
>>
>>7484008
Wow it's almost as if you have zero reading comprehension

You must be a typical amerilard
>>
>>7483944
Is that like degreasing a pizza?
>>
>>7484027
>If I wipe an object's surface, it automatically removes all water from inside the object
OK mate whatever you say
>>
>>7484041
Thanks for being so humble with your humiliating defeat
>>
>>7483842
i usually just stick a bunch of hot dogs in the oven and bake them taste pretty good desu
>>
>>7483842
I boil them and grill them afterwards.
>>
>>7484084
>grill then boil

FTFY Ja/ck/
>>
>>7483842
Beef broth with all beef dogs. Bring to boil then simmer.
>>
>>7484100
Who even allows you in a kitchen?
>>
they go great with rice pilaf
>>
File: dogs-on-grill-jpg[1].jpg (124 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
dogs-on-grill-jpg[1].jpg
124 KB, 640x425
Grilled dogs are infinitely superior to boiled ones
>>
>>7484104
My family prefers boiled hotdogs. When I'm not with them, it's grilled only.
>>
>>7484117
You family prefers Tyrone's nigger cock more than your cooking
>>
who the fuck boils hot dogs unless you're using them cut up in a poor man's soup?

just steam them you cuck
>>
>>7484126
Mmmmmm....steamed cuck
>>
>>7483842
You just want to heat them up, boiling overcooks them since they're most likely already cooked, and that's why they're rubbery. Just put them in hot water until heated, but broiled is usually better.
>>
>>7483877
>Theres more processed food on /ck/ than real food. I came here with the impression that you guys eat filet mignon and drink wine everyday. Fuck this board.
Unless money is tight.
>>
I have one of those Trager grills. I smoke the hot dogs for about an 1/2-1 hr and that's that.
>>
Frying > Grilling >>>>>>> Boiling
>>
>>7484548
so what if money is tight, wine comes in a box and you can trim and cut your own filet out of tenderloin
>>
Just buy bratwurst.
Frankfurters are for plebs.
>>
Grill them. Or if you can't steam them.
>>
>>7483867
Hot dogs are always pre cooked. Other types of sausages aren't necessarily.
>>
File: wut.jpg (10 KB, 300x285) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
10 KB, 300x285
>>7484564
>money is tight
>tenderloin
>>
File: 1413052514119.jpg (31 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
1413052514119.jpg
31 KB, 300x450
I like to cook my hotdogs in the oven. I start at 425 degrees for 45 minutes. Then I turn it down to 350 for about 4 hours. Delicious hotdogs everytime!
>>
>>7484662
I simmer brats in shallow beer for about an hour before searing them. A+
>>
What the devil am I reading? ck can't even cook meat that's already cooked. Jesus fuck.
>>
BBQed > Baked >>>>> boiled.
>>
File: photo-Footloose-2011-16.jpg (261 KB, 1002x1500) Image search: [Google]
photo-Footloose-2011-16.jpg
261 KB, 1002x1500
>>7485164
welcome to /ck/ newfriend
>>
You can not be an psychopathic asshole and buy hot dogs to begin with?

That's just me though
>>
>>7483853
I thought they wete genrous
>>
Try different brand of hot dogs.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.