[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which order according to /ck/ are you supposed to apply ingredients
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_nbevuzf14C1tjryj4o1_500.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbevuzf14C1tjryj4o1_500.gif
2 MB, 500x500
Which order according to /ck/ are you supposed to apply ingredients to a pizza?

Is it sauce, topping, then cheese?
or
Is it sauce, cheese, then topping?

I'm being told two different things at work.
>>
Don't care. Tastes the same.
>>
Whichever way you prefer.

Don't let random internet neckbeards dictate to you how to prepare or enjoy your food.
>>
I would think sauce cheese then topping
>>
>>7482081
Depends on what style of pizza you're making, BUT middle of the road 'Murican style pizza is sauce, cheese, toppings. Some extreme mongs insist that more cheese is necessary to spackle on the toppings or something.
>>
>>7482081
I do topping, cheese, then sauce on top
Im use to doing this way since forever.
>>
File: 1457595707126.gif (2 MB, 374x254) Image search: [Google]
1457595707126.gif
2 MB, 374x254
Sauce, vegetables, cheese, meat, light sprinkle of more cheese
>>
Sauce should always be the base layer.

It's okay to put certain toppings under the cheese (like caramelized onions), but for the most part pizzas where the toppings are under the cheese are shit.

I'm looking at you, Chicago thin crust. If any of the toppings have fat in them it will come out when it cooks and create a lubricated layer so that the entire sheet of melted cheese slides right off on the first bite.

People like to talk shit about deep dish/stuffed crust not being real pizza, but I'd take it any day before those moronic toppings-under-the-cheese abominations.
>>
>>7482081
When I worked at a pizza place, the order was pretty specific. It was from left to right in the cooling table.

>sauce
>ham
>sausage
>ground beef
>cheese
>pepperoni
>diced green pepper
>onion
>olive
>hot peppers
>banana peppers
>mushroom

Sausage being under the cheese, and pepperoni being the first thing on top of the cheese with mushroom blanketing the top of everything else (because its the cheapest and takes up the most space) was the most important rule.
>>
>>7482136
this nigguh knows whats upp

but really do it however you want. since living in chicago i've taken to applying cheese before the sauce as well. obviously i account for this by applying less cheese elsewhere because i'm not a fatass
>>
It goes like this..dough..sauce, sausage (they have to be touching which is why they are spelled the same in the beginning) then some cheese, then pepperoni then more cheese, then bacon, then sprinkle parmesan and bake it. While it cooks, warm up more sauce and pour into a dish for dipping into.
>>
pepperoni under the cheese is a fucking abomination, that's all i know
>>
File: PizzaInfographic4.png (331 KB, 525x549) Image search: [Google]
PizzaInfographic4.png
331 KB, 525x549
>>7482081
Obligatory
>>
Sauce, small amount of cheese, toppings, a little bit more cheese.
But I put it in a press anyway, so don't take my word for it.
>tfw you go from 1 to crispy in five minutes
>>
>>7482665
by what do you mean a press? I have never heard of such a contraption for pizza. Like a waffle maker or something? George Foreman grill? Panini maker or whatever?
>>
Sauce, mozzarella, toppings, jack cheese.

The mozzarella melts better than the jack, but the jack doesn't brown as fast as the mozzarella. Comes out perfect.
>>
>>7482675
who the hell puts jack on pizza?
>>
>>7482689
YOU have probably had jack on pizza before without even knowing it if you have had more than a couple in your lifetime from chain places.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.