[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here managed to cut processed sugar out of their diet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10
File: 1456966466155.jpg (56 KB, 636x564) Image search: [Google]
1456966466155.jpg
56 KB, 636x564
Anyone here managed to cut processed sugar out of their diet?
>>
>>7482035
For the most part. I still use white sugar occasionally for baking, honey and molasses as well. I also put some turbinado sugar in my coffee in the morning, but that's it.
>>
Yeah, for the most part.

It's pretty easy if you just cook your own food and avoid processed shit. Everything tastes much better once you cut it out of your diet.
>>
I always try it but the sugar cravings get too strong after a few days. Maybe one day I'll manage.
>>
>>7482067
Don't cut it out all at once. Just slow down and cut back little by little.
>>
>>7482067
Ive tried before too, and its crazy. The cravings and the headaches come on hard after only a few days.

Ive heard there are real withdrawals from it if you cut cold turkey.

Maybe ill just slow it down and see if I can ween myself into a better level of intake over the course of a year or something
>>
>>7482067
My advice is eat nothing but sugar for 3 days. Just sugary foods, deserts, sweets, drinks whatever. Just live off sugar for 3 days straight and then by the end of the third day you'll want actual nourishment so bad you'll never want to eat sugar again. I find excessive indulgence is always the best way to kick an addiction.
>>
File: gucci-mane-burgers.jpg (99 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
gucci-mane-burgers.jpg
99 KB, 480x320
>>7482035
I work in an ice cream shop and have eaten nothing but sugar for almost 8 months str8 ama

captcha: select all the food
>>
>>7482153
You're meant to serve it, not eat it you fat fuck.
>>
File: banana-ice-cream.jpg (33 KB, 283x424) Image search: [Google]
banana-ice-cream.jpg
33 KB, 283x424
>>7482180
i am not fat ama

pic related: best kind of ice cream
>>
File: carton.png (332 KB, 609x470) Image search: [Google]
carton.png
332 KB, 609x470
>>7482121
Like smoking a whole carton of cigarettes.
>>
The problem with processed sugar is that, essentially, to live without it, you have to audit your entire lifestyle. It's in everything. You can't eat in restaurants; you can't suck down an energy drink; you can't escape fuckin sugar. Sorry. I'll go back to /x/.
>>
>>7482465
Moderation is key, Anon.
>>
I've cut back considerably and now my tolerance to it has dipped.
>>
After dieting and switching to 0-cal artificial sweeteners, I can no longer eat or drink anything with sugar. It tastes too sweet and I can't stomach it.
>>
>>7482121
Should I drink a gallon of whiskey tonight?
>>
>>7482628
Yeah, I remember having a Coke when I went to a Kebab shop last week and it felt really sugary
>>
>>7482465
Oh no you have to cook your own food and drink water or tea like a normal human bean
>>
>>7482035
yes
>>
What is processed sugar anyway? Do people eat unprocessed sugar, like chewing sugar canes?
>>
>>7482709
Processed sugar, as opposed to natural sugar in fruit etc.
>>
I've never really liked candy or sweets, but growing up I was addicted to soda. My parents were very lazy and never really bothered making me drink anything else, so I pretty much never did. I think the only time I drank any water at all was from the fountains at school.

After I finally cut them out in college, while trying to get healthy and lose weight, and switched to only drinking water for a year or so, I took a sip of one at a restaurant and instantly felt like I was going into diabetic shock or some shit. It was like a whole body revulsion, I couldn't even swallow it.

At least now I know why I was constantly feeling like I wanted to rip my skin off and run screaming into the night as a kid.
>>
I've been on Keto for 6 weeks now and honestly feel amazing all of the time.

Fall asleep easier, wake up easier, increased cardio and mental focus.

Look it up faggot
>>
>>7482219
start puffin boy
>>
>>7482724
Placebo at work
>>
>>7482724
>Look it up faggot
All the studies show that keto decreases mental functioning and alertness.
So yeah...
>>
>>7482690
After getting used to natural peanut butter (which is awesome) I ran out and resorted to getting some from a jar of Skippy.

Man that shit is nasty.
>>
>>7482758
Been doing keto and I feel like a zombie. Decreased mental aptitude and athletic performance, I also feel tired mostof the time. I want to give it a little over a month before I go back to a regular diet.
The one benefit is that it did curb my appetite.
>>
>>7482035
Kind of, i still have 4 teaspoons of sugar every day
>>
>>7482758
Link to "all the studies"?
>>
>>7482806
First two weeks are fucked.
It gets better.
>>
Not until I find a proper replacement for my vegan cakes. Hell, it's already hard enough having to bake without eggs and butter.
>>
I still eat fruit. Natural sugars > processed sugars
>>
>>7482465
>hahaha you mean you don't "suck down energy drinks"
>go discuss paranormal bullshit since you obviously are too retarded to "suck down" like me :^)
>I'll be over here with all this energy that is LITERALLY NOT AVAILABLE TO YOU
>haha
>how does this guy even get energy
>he doesn't even suck down
>omfg smdh
>he can't even get any energy
Why don't you go suck down a big fat dick, you absolute fucking retard.
>>
>>7482035
I'm eating exclusively whole plant foods now. Most of the time. Not always when traveling. Fruits such as bananas, dates, raisins are plenty sweet. I buy up all the discounted bananas when I go to the grocery store and peel and freeze them. Blend with cocoa powder, vanilla, flax, berries if you like, and you have a pretty good dessert. Add peanut butter/nuts if you want.
>>
>>7482825
That story was already confirmed to be a hoax.
>>
>>7482851
fruit
>phytonutrients
>fiber
>antioxidants
>micro nutrients

Processed foods
>none of the above

Fruit is a hoax, guys! Make sure to hit 100% of your daily high fructose corn syrup for maximum health!
>>
>>7482853
>Fruit is a hoax, guys!

No, processed sugar being bad for your health was a hoax. Also you are comparing a fruit with sugar, and not fruit sugar with processed sugar.
>>
>>7482858
Which part of processed sugar being awful for you was a "hoax"?
Which part exactly?
You will now provide a study (not funded by a sugar corporation) or fuck right off :)
>>
>>7482862
http://corn.org/products/sweeteners/high-fructose-corn-syrup/
If you don't believe corn.org, you're a ridiculous tin foil hat
>>
>>7482858
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1113/jphysiol.2012.230078/abstract
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/98/2/349
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0018170
http://ajpregu.physiology.org/content/295/5/R1370
http://ajpregu.physiology.org/content/295/5/R1370
http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/125/14/1735

I'm sorry, it seems as if you've failed to provide any evidence. I've done the research for you, though. Please educate yourself.
>>
>>7482873
All of these are biased studies.
>>
File: 2irritant.jpg (22 KB, 265x300) Image search: [Google]
2irritant.jpg
22 KB, 265x300
>>7482858
>hoax
fatty in denial: the post
>>
>>7482874
Why?
Please be specific to each of the 6 studies that you obviously did not read in the 2 minutes (time stamped) between our posts.
>>
>>7482121
>I find excessive indulgence is always the best way to kick an addiction.

It works. A buddy took 10 grams of cocaine, and he hasnt taken any since.
>>
>>7482868
We're already in consensus that all sugar isolates are pretty much equal. Shit like agave is no better.

That does not mean it's equal to fruit.
>>
>>7482873
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23365108
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23497350
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22935321
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22354959
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23732692
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23493539
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22854401
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23933265
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20564476
>>
>>7482875
>sugar
>containing fat
>>
>>7482896
Those are so fucking weak it'll be hilarious to anybody who clicks on them
One gem:
>Fructose MAY be minorly beneficial in catalytic (read: really, really, really fucking small) doses to lab mice
Hahaha oh wow dude! I'm totally BTFO lmaooo
Do you really want me to go through and explain why all of these are either fallacies of relevance or grasping at straws?
I don't mind, since clearly you want to know things but aren't quite bright enough to think for yourself.
>>
File: 1rritant.jpg (22 KB, 265x300) Image search: [Google]
1rritant.jpg
22 KB, 265x300
>>7482902
No one implied that beetus boy.
Sugar will make you fat, that is why you are fat.
>>
>>7482806
Are you sure you're doing it right? I've been doing it 4 months now, and I feel great. Lost 15 lbs, starting at around 18% BF, down to around 15%. Started running a month ago. Now I run 10 miles a day, and have to make myself stop so I don't get blisters. It's ridiculous how much stamina I have. Eating bacon, cheese, fats, and all the shit they always said you're not supposed to.

I can say that for all the handful of days where I "cheated" and had over 100g of carbohydrates (this seems like the breaking point or something that switches on glycolosis), I felt like complete shit for 2-5 days, and lost all my energy. You just gotta stick with it. Like strictly. High carb diets are such utter bullshit. Feel like if I kept doing this for a year I could run a marathon on a cup of bacon fat.
>>
>>7482035
>Anyone here managed to cut processed sugar out of their diet?

Pretty much, but not because of a health scare.

My family always cooked from scratch so I picked up that habit. I never buy boxed meals, soft drinks, or processed foods so I don't get any refined sugars from those sources. I buy raw ingredients and cook from scratch. I do use sugar in cooking but it's never white sugar simply because the unrefined sugars taste better: I use honey, molasses, sorghum, and unrefined raw sugar like Thai palm sugar or Indian jaggery.

I never deliberately tried to exclude white sugar and I have no problem with eating white sugar, I just happen to very rarely eat it.
>>
>>7482035

It's simple... just don't buy it, I haven't had sugar in my house more than a year and I don't even miss it.
>>
aspartame
>>
>>7482911
>Sugar will make you fat

Naw.
>>
File: fit-drink.jpg (449 KB, 936x1285) Image search: [Google]
fit-drink.jpg
449 KB, 936x1285
Type 1 diabetic here, started lifting 4 months ago for the first time in my 31 year old life, simultaneously cut processed foods and refined carbs out of my diet and started a sort of a keto light

Tips:
If you don't buy refined carbs and sugary shit and don't have them in your house then it's very easy not to eat them.
Focusing on eating more vegetables is the best approach for almost every diet. Worry less about eating less of X and more about eating more veg and slow filling legumes/grains like lentils, split peas, brown rice etc.
I used to crave sugar and junkfood at night, but after eating more veg and less processed shit for just a week or two my tastebuds changed and I now don't think about them nearly as much.
Coconut oil is great when you're craving sugar, it makes me feel full and apparently goes straight to the liver in my body.
Eating a piece of fruit also works pretty well. I find a whole grapefruit fills me up, stops me wanting sugar for a while AND has very few sugars and calories in it.

The only time I eat processed sugar now is when my blood sugar is low. Ironically this is now usually at the gym.

>>7482465
If sugar is in everything you're buying then you've never learned to shop properly. Fruit, vegetables, grains and meat don't have added sugars and most dairy products don't either.

Restaurants add a lot of salt but rarely add sugar to anything other than deserts. You must be eating at some filthy shit hole.

>>7482762
Home made food is almost universally better, peanut butter is no exception. Supermarket bought foods are usually made as cheaply as possible, which results in stripping out good quality ingredients and adding sugar. Makes sense that an industry revolving around shitty food makes shitty food, people have a hard time understanding this.
>>
>>7482035
I try, and then before I know it I'm baking cupcakes. I don't even like cupcakes
>>
>>7482121
Can't tell if this is retarded or brilliant
>>
File: 20160316_154827.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160316_154827.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>7482035
i haven't eaten more than 25g of carbohydrates in more than 2 years. You don't need carbs or sugar.
This is some roasted pork chops with a cucumber and pickle puree
>>
>>7482121
did this once with cheetos, albeit accidentally. Confirmed.
>>
Yes, and it's been god damn life changing.

I've lost 100 pounds and actually feel good.

If you havn't yet, do it now faggot.
>>
>>7484056
I bet you have almost no body fat. Keto has been the only diet that works me as well but I tend to cycle off and on because I lack discipline.
>>
>>7482686
I wish it was this easy. I wake up in the morning knowing I will drink the following night
>>
File: 1458358355300.png (11 KB, 274x290) Image search: [Google]
1458358355300.png
11 KB, 274x290
You're not supposed to cut out processed sugar out of your diet, sugar = good, fat = bad, eat all low fat foods and carbs to stay nice and healthy!
>>
>>7484929
Anything that isn't a whole food should be avoided. High carb low fat whole foods has been consistently demonstrated to be the best diet. Actually low fat. Close to 10% of calories. Not the 30% fat diet the American Heart Association calls "low fat".
>>
>>7482121
Works for heroin too.
>>
>>7483002
Cool story brah
>>
>>7484983
>High carb low fat whole foods has been consistently demonstrated to be the best diet.

Let me guess: You are one of the idiotic followers of freely the banana girl, who never read an actual study their whole live ...?
>>
>>7485771
d00d i read that shit all day erry day i h4x t3h sk0015 4 full txts not just abstracts like le euphoric gentlesir
>>
File: 1389317374846.jpg (180 KB, 1268x713) Image search: [Google]
1389317374846.jpg
180 KB, 1268x713
>>7482835
>>
Im going to visit FL in 3 months and Ive cut out beer and soda. Only a week in and I feel great but I dont see any visible changes. Im not trying to lose any weight but I want some visible abs when I go to the beach. Time for more crunches
>>
>>7482035
working on it. that shit is addictive. everything processed is WAY too sweet, and i've only cut it for a few weeks. now unroasted almonds and peanut butter (the kind made from just peanuts and salt) are sweet enough for me
>>
Why cut 100%? I consume maybe 30g a week so thats fine. If your problem is weight then do exercises and eat less and balanced. Some sugar won't add a lot of calories over an entire week.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.