[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your favorite Poutines alike?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
What are your favorite Poutines alike?
>>
Say what now?
>>
>>7481798
I mean aside cheese curbs, fries and gravy, what else do you like to add?
>>
>>7481792
Green onions, fresh chopped parsley
>>
>poutine thread
>favorite
>>
File: La Matty.jpg (916 KB, 3456x2592) Image search: [Google]
La Matty.jpg
916 KB, 3456x2592
Montréal has this restaurant famed for it's poutines, La Banquise. Haven't been there since leaving my last job that was close to it.

I used to take this beauty, the Matty. Onions, green peppers, mushrooms and bacon.
>>
>>7481830
there are many kinds of poutine, cheese curbs, fries and gravy are just the 3 main ingredients, but when there more ingredients it usually becomes a different poutine. Like if you replace brown gravy/BBQ for itlaian sauce and sausage become italian poutine with slices of sausages.
>>
Poutine is such a heavy dish it always seems weird that people add a bunch of extra shit to it.

That said, if I ever make it back to Montreal I would like to one of those places Bourdain always features where they do ridiculously decadent shit like foie gras and black truffle poutine, simply because it's a once in a lifetime type of dish and why not do it if you're there.
>>
>>7481876
>tfw occasionally get a 3 meat Poutine (Bacon, Saucisses, pepperoni)
you feel like you get fat after eating just a small one
>>
>>7481897

Every time I'm in the Northern US during Winter I'm always like, "why the fuck would anyone chose to live here, this is miserable."

Then I think about how the entirety of Canada is even further north, and just assume they eat all the heavy foods they want because nobody can tell how fat they are under all the layers.

Then I visited Montreal during the Summer a couple years ago and holy shit, they have to be right at the top of "most attractive people per capita" for cities around the world. Do you people actually eat poutine? Or is it just a way to fatten up tourists?
>>
>>7481930
well QC has its own fatties. I'm gaining weight since I occasionally order a poutine and don't exercice, just not everyday like some Americans do with McDo meals.
>>
i very rarely get anything other than the regular, though theres a place that has daily specials and when they have sheperds pie poutine i always get that, its poutine with ground beef, peas and corn
fuckin delicious
>>
>>7481792
Galvaulde you replace the cheese by chicken and add peas. Anybody who can't find poutine cheese should eat that.
You end up with an hot chicken in better
>>
File: 1413489936874.jpg (76 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
1413489936874.jpg
76 KB, 1000x800
>>7481792
>americlaps ACTUALLY eat this shit
>>
>>7481792
I work in a poutine shop

Bacon Bits, Smoked Meat, Smoked Sausage, Peas

Current special : "Fish and Chips" Deep fried beer batter fish ontop with a lemon wedge an tartar sauce

Best special is the Hot wing. shredded chicken and hot sauce with some ranch
>>
>>7481876
Ive had to send peoples toppings on the side because the to-go container couldn't fit the 6 extra toppings plus extra cheese and heavy gravy. Some people just dont understand moderation
>>
>>7482283
0/10
>>
>>7482283

>not trying the regional food in the places you visit while on vacation

Someday they'll come up with a name for whatever syndrome it is that makes people think that the only real food is whatever they're fed in their little village, while nonetheless obsessing over America and their "peculiar" customs, despite being able to locate America on a map.
>>
>>7482310

*despite not being able
>>
File: IMG_20150824_225417.jpg (916 KB, 1836x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150824_225417.jpg
916 KB, 1836x1836
>>7481865
I ate there last year, long ass line on a fucking monday night but it was worth it, I had one with mushrooms, smoke meat, au poivre sauce and cream cheese.

I think my friends and I died after this
>>
>>7481792
I needed this. The only extra thing poutine needs is braised beef. BRB, crying into fries.
>>
>>7482283
missing out on poutines, I bet you never tried one. It's just fucking good!
>>
chicken and bacon in poutine is best of all time
>>
Pulled pork and bacon takes it to the next level
>>
>>7481792
Poutine will never stay with you forever
Poutine can turn out to contain cheese instead of curds
Poutine can be eaten by somebody else when you're not looking
Poutine will sometimes make a big ruckus in your belly
>>
>>7483888
>Poutine can turn out to contain cheese instead of curds

Disco fries aren't poutine.
>>
File: image_018346575.jpg (422 KB, 2000x1794) Image search: [Google]
image_018346575.jpg
422 KB, 2000x1794
>>7481792
>>
>>7482283
>people ACTUALLY think they're funny when they shitpost
>>
How do you eat this stuff anyway? It looks too messy to be eaten by hand.
>>
>>7484221
We don't eat it like fries.

We eat it with a fork. Some people eat it with a fork and knife.
>>
>>7483935
you expect me to believe that a slav won't fight me mate, nah you can fuck right off mate.
>>
Toronto poutine is shit, my hometown in Ontario has really good ones. I usually add pork or beef mmmm
>>
>>7482283
It's a quebecois food, you moron
Literally every restaurant here serves it.
You can buy squeaky cheese at any grocer and most corner stores. They sell it at room temperature. The people here are religious about their cheese.
>>
>>7484829
>québécois being religious about cheese
It's true. You should try Coaticook cheese. It's so good.
In fact, Quebec is very much about dairy product and meat product. We have some of the world'd best quality veal AND the best quality Lamb in the whole world. The lamb from Quebec is a must try for tourists, it's expensive, but the flavor is unique and magnificent

Enough about this though, this is a poutine thread. I need to try some poutine from La Banquise once at least. I don't get to go to Montreal often enough and it's never Downtown.
>>
File: 2016-03-05 09.41.23.jpg (3 MB, 2340x4160) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-05 09.41.23.jpg
3 MB, 2340x4160
Pastrami Poutine, about the only kind I can get here. I liked it but I'm sure some french canadians will come by to spit on me for such an insult
>>
Place I worked at does a smoked duck poutine. Made a gravy out of the bones and rendered fat and made a confit out of the legs after they were cold-smoked. It was godly.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.