[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Superfood Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: spirulina-powder.jpg (242 KB, 1047x583) Image search: [Google]
spirulina-powder.jpg
242 KB, 1047x583
Reminder that cancer is directly tied to the foods you eat and that if you do not consume the foods on this list:

>sweet potatoes
>broccoli
>spinach
>spirulina
>almonds
>black beans
>onions

on a regular basis, then you are actively killing yourself.
>>
what an abundance of credible primary resources
>>
I had to google spirulina because I had no idea what it is. I eat everything else fairly frequently, also you are an idiot.
>>
I eat broccoli, spinach and onions plenty, is that cool?
>>
File: depression.jpg (59 KB, 410x282) Image search: [Google]
depression.jpg
59 KB, 410x282
>>7481396
Reminder that depression is directly tied to the foods you eat and that if you eat the foods on OP's list on a regular basis, then you actively pushing yourself to committing suicide.
>>
>>7481396
>No avocado, acai, or soybeans
>>
>>7481500
>soybeans

Also
>avocado
>getting more than 10% of your calories from fat
>>
>>7481396
Reminder that you are a moron posting with no citations from creditable sources.
>>
>>7481396
onions and almonds literally make up about 80% of all food i eat, so i think i must be really healthy.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png (25 KB, 816x1056) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png
25 KB, 816x1056
>>7481396
I'd take spirulina off that list. There's too much risk of contamination from toxic species. Golden algae oil is good though. I have a pipette of it daily.

If you're going to cook broccoli or other cruciferous vegetables, you should first chop them finely and wait forty minutes for an enzymatic reaction that forms the antioxidant sulforaphane. It's heat stable and so is the precursor, but the enzyme is not. Frozen broccoli has already been blanched so this can't happen. But you can add a little ground mustard which contains myrosinase enzyme and then you'll get sulforaphane from your cooked broccoli. There's plenty of time for the reaction to occur in your stomach.
>>
File: pan-side.jpg (80 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
pan-side.jpg
80 KB, 800x533
one day people will see the light
>>
>>7481721
Popcorn is a whole grain. Nothing wrong with eating it air popped and flavored with something other than salt.
>>
>>7481734
What's more natural than salt, gaylord?
>>
>>7481739
There's plenty of sodium already in whole plant foods. Go spoon tomato paste into your mouth, fluffy.
>>
>>7481756
>tomato paste
>whole plant food
>>
>>7481766
You mean because the skin is removed? I'm saying you're the kind of person who would eat a can of it straight. At a movie theater.
>>
>>7481777
because it's processed with salt you dumb piece of shit
>>
>>7481782
Some is. Uncut tomato paste is widely available. I bet you drink milk like a McPoyle weirdo. Go be creepy somewhere else you icky nerd.
>>
>>7481396
I eat pretty much everything except spirulina, so I guess I'm good.
>>
File: 1428303605894-2.jpg (44 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
1428303605894-2.jpg
44 KB, 852x480
>>7481396
>ate sweet potatoes and almonds like crazy
>now I have cancer
thanks a lot OP
>>
>>7481450
>I need salty, fatty, sugary food in order not to be sad

You are literally an animal and a child.
>>
>>7481450
Depression is often caused by poor nutrition and its consequences like flab interrupting sleep.
>>
I make my own milk kefir
>>
>>7481931
protip: you are also an animal
>>
>>7481857
haha whats this from? is it a good anime?
>>
>>7481419
Do feelings count?
>>
>>7481419
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZezBCqsBRF0
>>
>>7481419
I bet I could scrounge up at least a few dozen cromulent scientific papers.

>>7482265
Joe Rogan opened his mind so much his brain fell out.
>>
i was really wanting to eat a sweet potato the other day, and i only felt like going to the grocery store by my house. unfortunately they did not have any. i'm sure they have sweet potatoes at large health based grocery store 20 minutes from here. not really much else to this, but i was curious if the end of winter is a time where sweet potatoes would be hard to get in Kansas City, MO, Flyoverville USA?
>>
>>7482280
I've never seen a supermarket without sweet potatoes.
>>
>>7482298
same here. that's why it was really odd and I thought to bring it up. if they had them, they weren't in the produce section of the store. i've never had a problem getting the foods I want to eat in this city, minus the odd exotic fruit that I would see online.
>>
>>7481396
Sweet potatoes are a superfood? Since when? I got one in the over baking will it still be a super food when I smother it with butter, sugar, and cinnamon?

Also pretty much every spice is a superfood in its own way. Ginger, black pepper, turmeric etc. And Chlorella.
>>
>>7482270
>cromulent
I bet you think using made-up words embiggens your vocabulary, huh?
>>
File: 177357786_XS.jpg (24 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
177357786_XS.jpg
24 KB, 400x300
>>7481396
>Sardines no where on that list
3/10, try again after this thread dies
>>
>>7481396
There's no such thing as super food, its an advertising/marketing tactic. But hey you've cracked some sort of food secret by eating vegetables to live longer, thanks for sharing.
>>
File: Capture.png (137 KB, 348x639) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
137 KB, 348x639
im really surprised no one has jump on this one yet.
>>
>>7482444
>butter, sugar, and cinnamon?
What in the everloving fuck is wrong with you
What
>>
>>7481396

Cool thread OP, I want to congratulate on spreading the importance of he--

>spirulina

Get the fuck out of here and never come back.
>>
>>7481396

Onions with almonds is all I ever eat.

Check mate
>>
>>7483962
>16 grams of fiber
>16 grams of protein
>no sodium
>no fat

what can you make out of this that isn't soup or soup like??????

i need this in my life
>>
>>7481396
>Superfood

When will this stupid phrase stop being used?
>>
>>7484016
>stupid phrase
you mean super phrase
>>
>>7482246
Haha reverse google hahaa
>>
>>7482464
The op contained "superfood" so I expected as much
>>
>>7484007
Same as beans, really. Peas are a great snack too, if roasted after boiling or served with bacon and paprika.
>>
>>7483973
Back before the days of blogs, bacon, and sriacha sweet potatoes were not only used as a savory food but also as a sweet food as well. Before Monsanto memes™ there were dishes such as sweet potato pie and candied sweet potatoes that were prominent at festive dinners for people that didn't like overly sweet deserts and for people who liked a sweet course on their main plate.
>>
>>7483962
You can also get green pea flour and make something vaguely resembling an omelet.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.