[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mushrooms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: mushrooms.jpg (799 KB, 2504x1669) Image search: [Google]
mushrooms.jpg
799 KB, 2504x1669
Crazy idea: a dinner out of mostly mushrooms. What can I make? Vaguely Indian/Asian is not bad.

So far:
>Mushroom cream soup
>Button mushroom tops filled with cheese and baked
>Fried Tempeh slices
>Mushroom herbs salad

Don't ask me why, just please tell me what.
>>
>>7480938
Mushrooms sauteed with onion & garlic
Tempura-fried enoki
Pickled shitakes
Stir-fry
>>
>>7480938
Mushrooms can be incorporated into nearly anything, as their meaty flavor combines well with most foods. To make a meal nearly completely of mushrooms, I'd do:
>Mushroom cream soup, like you said (but I'd use at least 3 or 4 kinds of mushrooms and a mushroom broth base)

>Baked stuffed Portobellos, stuffed with a mushroom based stuffing and garnished before serving with enoki mushrooms and a mushroom- balsamic glaze
OR
>Chicken Fried Morels (if you can find them)

>Stir fry of wood ear mushrooms, maitake mushrooms, and white ruffle fungus, with cabbage, celery, and scallions, using mushroom soy sauce

>the mushroom salad, like you said, probably mushrooms, sweet peppers, and lots of herbs, marinated in olive oil and tarragon vinegar
>
>>
Portobello burgers
>>
>>7480938
Hungarian mushroom soup. It gets a vaguely Asian thing from some soy sauce, and you can use any types of mushrooms you desire.
>>
Nabe
>>
Wild mushroom soup
>>
mushrooms prepared (number) ways
>>
>>7480938
Mushrooms are know to become more and more disgusting as you eat them.

Mushrooms are supposed to be ate in small quantities.
>>
>>7480938
Mushroom tacos.

Dated a vegetarian for a bit so I had to adapt. Rough chop a bunch of mushrooms add a little diced onion and garlic. pulse it until it is finely chopped (almost to the point of being a paste). Squeeze out as much moisture as you can and add it to a pan at med heat to cook out more of the moisture and add cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, paprika, and oregano all to taste. Garlic and onion powder is optional depending on how much you put in b4. The goal is to get it to the consistency of a taco bell type of ground beef mixture. once most of the moisture from the mushrooms is cooked out, I typically add a bit of a canned spicy ranchero sauce that adds a lot to the mixture. cook it to the desired consistency and you will be in mushroom taco heaven.
>>
>>7480938
Seared King Trumpet Mushroom for appetizer, serve it with a Mushroom and soy sauce glaze. Stuffed Mushrooms and a Shroom Burger (Like a black bean burger, but mostly Shiitake)
>>
>>7480938
Portabella pizzas. I scrape them out, drizzle with olive oil, garlic, add a few thinly sliced tomatoes, mix some mozarella cheese with some fresh basil and whatever else I may want. Bake or grill. 2 is a meal.
>>
Since there aren't any Indian suggestions I'll contribute. Slice your mushrooms in bite sized portions, leave small ones whole. Fry on medium in butter and olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Cook till they've halved in quantity. They should already taste great.

Now turn the flame up and add minced ginger, garlic and chickpea flour. Add turmeric. Fry till none of this smells raw. Turn the flame off and add a bit of plain full fat yogurt while stirring. Add red chilli powder and garam masala. Garnish with cilantro.

Probably my favorite appetizer. Takes one or two tries to get right but its worth it.
>>
No Tempeh in town. Monday at the earliest.
Oh well.
>>
>>7482770
This I can do.

No Garam Masala, but I have all the heating ayurvedic spices and should be able to make some. Shouldn't the masala fry with the mushrooms though? I learned to always put it into the pan first. And to use Ghee.

Cilantro is coriander leaves? Love those! Can't grow it though, not sure why. But I can buy some on the market.

Chickpea flour could be tricky. I should be able to find some but might substitute some other starch.

It should keep warm for a few hours without deteriorating. I'll have guests and can't prep every course fresh.
>>
>>7482770
What's a dish like this called?
>>
What is Tempeh?
>>
File: Sliced_tempeh.jpg (332 KB, 1200x830) Image search: [Google]
Sliced_tempeh.jpg
332 KB, 1200x830
>>7482538
Absolutely false and wrong.

>>7485301
It's supposed to be a meat substitute because of high protein content but it's really just a slightly fermented soybean slab you can slice up. The kind I get comes with grains in it. Very tasty marinated and fried up.
>>
>>7480938
I wish you would tell us why. I promise I won't judge you, I am only curious.
>>
>>7480938
i know what the fuck you're doing, en
>>
>>7480938
Do you know the soy bean sprout side dish the koreans have? It's tossed in sesame oil and scallions, served cold. You can maybe do that to the smaller, pale looking mushrooms? Might be good side dish for something spicy.
>>
>>7485330
Quick google search showed the M-diet result. You basically eat an all mushroom meal to lose weight without losing your curves....
>>
File: Cordyceps-ant-w-cordyceps4.jpg (55 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Cordyceps-ant-w-cordyceps4.jpg
55 KB, 600x450
>>7485330
It's a total nerd-out. We're playing an RPG and we try to eat setting food for game night dinner. So far we have been to London, Malaysia, India, and Tibet. But now we're in a mushroom world, kind of like the Sea of Corruption from NausicaƤ.

>>7485373
Here, have a chocolate-ant. Don't worry, it's chocolate free.
>>
>>7485369
Add some herbs and you have the salad.
>>
>>7485382
Anon was curious and so was I. Google showed the results. Your sass was uncalled for.
>>
>>7485388
>sass
Never meant to hurt your feelings.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.